• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complain about why you're single here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scammel

Oh, and edit: Online dating is hard. I get matches, I start conversations, they can last for a few days, then... nothing. Again, I think the problem is the default polite chit-chat and jokes. It takes huge reserves of willpower for me to say anything that could be contrived as even slightly risqué.

As of a month ago I'm now in a long-distance relationship via an online dating site. Figures.

The distance isn't an issue, but our two home nations have... prickly relations.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Nothing to complain about really. Better being single than with a wrong person, doesn't help that I'm very picky about my deeper relationships, but at least I've grown to experiment enough to "see where it goes" sometimes.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I've wanted to write my eperience here for a while but chicken out every time. Here goes.

just wanna prefix this; I'm not single and haven't been for a very long time. I'm currently dating the sweetest, most amazing dork in the world and I don't know what I would do without him in my life.

There were many reasons I was single before this current relationship. I wasn't happy with my body and suffered from pretty intense depression. The few gay guys around my age in my area were all vicious and super mean as well. I have numerous stories about just straight up being verbally attacked in public by them while just hanging out with them. I was stood up 5 times in a row by 5 different guys who I met on tinder. I would turn up to the meeting location and either they didn't show and never messaged me or they would come up with an excuse then say they didn't want to meet.

I should also mention that I wasn't ugly. I'm fairly tall and had an average build leaning a little towards the chubby side with skin that looks clear. I have always had good hygiene and I can dress pretty well. However, the interactions I had with these guys left me pretty emotionally starred. I gave up on finding someone for quite a while until a crazy series of events lead me to my boyfriend.

There's always hope, guys. If you want it, it can happen.

SorrowJoy

Cute boi
My major complaint about why I'm single; is mainly due to the fact of how does one accurately know if another guy is gay? (I'm a guy btw) I struggle to know if a guy I'm talking to is interested in me because being gay isn't necessarily as accepted where I'm from as I'd like and to be as open about it like I am is pretty unusual, yet its like near impossible to simply go up to some guy and be like "are you gay" because I'm either gonna get knocked out or I'm being rude.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
My major complaint about why I'm single; is mainly due to the fact of how does one accurately know if another guy is gay? (I'm a guy btw) I struggle to know if a guy I'm talking to is interested in me because being gay isn't necessarily as accepted where I'm from as I'd like and to be as open about it like I am is pretty unusual, yet its like near impossible to simply go up to some guy and be like "are you gay" because I'm either gonna get knocked out or I'm being rude.

Ah the eternal struggle... I've never had to deal with this issue. My gaydar is for some reason my only talent. My gaydarless friends use Grindr for the most part but that's not a perfect solution because guys only show up if they've recently opened the app.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I am so lonely. I refuse to post my own pic now ever since the Grindr incident and I think no guys want me because I refuse to send a face pic.

SorrowJoy

Cute boi
Ah the eternal struggle... I've never had to deal with this issue. My gaydar is for some reason my only talent. My gaydarless friends use Grindr for the most part but that's not a perfect solution because guys only show up if they've recently opened the app.
My gaydar is more like a "PleaseBeGayDar" so I can't really trust it. And Grindr is pretty nasty to be on as well, unreliable to say the least xD

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm too lazy to be on the dating apps towards gay men-- I think I'm old school in the way that I just like to meet people in a non-online setting.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm single because I find having similar interests hard... like if I can find a girl that likes to game as much as I do, maybe we can hit it off.
I'm not a very socialable person.... and I've got autism to boot, not sure if my trust issues are connected to that or not. Always had the fear that I'll get cheated on.... and it did happen, that was the last girl I dated. Foolishly took her back and she did it again. Haven't dated anyone since, all been er..... one night stands if you will, since then. xD

I had plenty of girls into me during middle and high school due to my shyness, but I never accepted their offers. One ended up pregnant later on so I guess I dodged a bullet hahah Didn't date until I graduated

I'm happily single cause I can buy what I want when I want; And I have no responsibilities outside of my job, if I want to stay up all night playing RDR 2 then I can do it! (And I do! I'm addicted) If I want to see the new Spider-Man, I can just go and not worry about "You saw that without me?!" No regrets!
Someday I do want to get married, but not have kids. lol I'd be a terrible role model. But that time is far away from the present, I prefer being free as a bird

Seriously, you think somebody who has almost two year's worth of GTA Online gameplay isn't single? hahahaha And I still play it, just not as often since RDR 2

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I'm too lazy to be on the dating apps towards gay men-- I think I'm old school in the way that I just like to meet people in a non-online setting.

gay dating apps are all awful too. It's all guys just looking for pics or someone to shove feet in their face... Ew. If I'm travelling I occasionally jump on Grindr or something so me and my boyfriend can have a laugh at the weird messages I get.

Peter Quill

star-lord
That's a shame because I've actually used it as a tool to create friendships with people around the world.

but that's derailing this thread a little much :(

Ariki

I’m a gay guy and I’m single because I’m a workaholic (I teach group fitness and do translation work).

Sadly in my experience, the gays I’m attracted to are shallow and have a shopping list of preferences. It is what it is I s’pose. I’m sure there is a man out there for me, somewhere.

MackBlasta

I'm a man in my mid-20s, borderlining on late 20s and I've always been single. This is mostly due to me being home schooled until the age of 18 and not having had a job or gone to college until early last year due to health issues, but I've also a crippling aversion to talking up random strangers. I've still done it a few times, and gotten a few women's numbers, but it really never led to anything more than a date or two. I wish I could find a girlfriend, but any time I'm in a public place with lots of people watching I just can't find it in me to flirt. Like other "I'll be 30 soon" guys around my age, I could really use a partner... but I haven't had much success so far.

It isn't even like I'm ugly, a good number of females have shown interest in me when I walk by.... I just don't take the burden of making the first move well, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.