• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludicolo_kid

No as it is mainly a Special Sweeper. You will 70% of the time use FT/GR and In fight is there purely to beat their Special Wall. As the Special Walls have low Defence it doesn't take much attack to scare them off, and Somersault is less about doing damage and more about switching to a counter. Plus it needs lots of Speed so you don' have much room to go so mixed.

DSDark

Breeder
No as it is mainly a Special Sweeper. You will 70% of the time use FT/GR and In fight is there purely to beat their Special Wall. As the Special Walls have low Defence it doesn't take much attack to scare them off, and Somersault is less about doing damage and more about switching to a counter. Plus it needs lots of Speed so you don' have much room to go so mixed.

okay just wondering, but would a special sweeper Goukazaru be better?

Elekible Trainer

<--The BEST there is
I need a Good, Moveset, Nature and EVs for a Blaziken.

DSDark

Breeder
I need a Good, Moveset, Nature and EVs for a Blaziken.

Just wondering why Blaziken when Goukazaru is better

but anyways

Blaziken@Life Orb
Adamant; 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Agility
Flare Drive
Stone Edge
Sky Uppercut

or

Blaziken@Life Orb
Adamant; 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Brave Bird
Flare Drive
Stone Edge
Sky Uppercut

Elekible Trainer

<--The BEST there is
I know Goukazaru is better but I am in a Tournament where you have to have 1 of the 12 starters on your Team so I picked Blaziken.

ludicolo_kid

Blaziken needs to use what it has that sets it apart from Gouka. If your just sweeping, then your outclassed. Either use a BPer or a Reversaler.

DSDark

Breeder
Is Starmie useful? and if so what a good set including Item/Nature/Ev's

ludicolo_kid

Yep, good Pokemon. Can Special sweep or spin.

Starmie@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: Sorry don't know
Timid Nature

Surf
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Recover

Or go AG with Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Grass Rope

DSDark

Breeder
Yep, good Pokemon. Can Special sweep or spin.

Starmie@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: Sorry don't know
Timid Nature

Surf
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Recover

Or go AG with Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Grass Rope

what's a good pokemon to set up Reflect and Light Screen

DSDark

Breeder
would Mr. Mime be good at doing both seeing how it can learn Reflect and Light Screen, Safegouard and Baton Pass

ludicolo_kid

Well, they need the moveslots for more important things. To run both you're gonna need a tankish poke. Therefore they need a recovery move. Now you've got one move left. This means it'll probably be easily walled.

EDIT- Yes it's a good idea in theory but in a competitive battle you really won't have the time to switch Mr. Mime in, set up screens and then wander back off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.