• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
FRLG tutor is risky since you can only teach it ONCE! ....(IIRC don't have the game =P)
(And you can't clone)
If you got the wrong Clefairy in the 3rd gen (i.e. if it evolves in DP and it doesn't have Magic Guard) you've lost your time.

In Emerald, you can clone the Clefairy and evolve in 4th gen. If it gets Magic Guard, teach Softboiled in 3rd gen and migrate. If it keeps Cute Charm breed another.

~Heaven Help Us~

okay i need help with another team cuz miines sucks.
so far ive gotten the idea of

azumarill
huge power
item???
waterfall
???
???
???

and magnezone but idk magnezone tat much so idk.

ShiningCharizardUK

Rock & Roller
Hi guys, just wandering what the recommended movesets are for both Ninetales and Glaceon.

Ninetales
TIMID @ ------------
  • Flamethrower
  • Energy Ball
  • Nasty Plot
  • Hypnosis/ Dark Pulse

a bit stuck for an item on this.. there are also other moves like extrasensory and captivate that are worth considering. I have a vulpix that is timid with overall good stats I want to use - it is female, and has energy ball/hypnosis although I have to say I'm considering ditching Hypnosis in favour of something else because it's a very risky move to use IMO and it would also mean only having two attacks which alot of pokés are resistant to (eg. Charizard, most fire types). I think Dark Pulse would be better than extrasensory because it has a better flinching chance and also gives me better coverage. I am going to test out the hidden power on this Vulpix as well and see what it has, HP Rock would be ideal..

if anyone can suggest what movesets would be good for this Ninetales that'd be great!

Also..

GLACEON
Modest @ -------------
  • Water Pulse
  • Mirror Coat
  • Blizzard
  • Hail

no idea what item again, other possibilities are obviously shadow ball, hidden power if I can get a decent one - any recommendations for a Glaceon move set?

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
HHU, a nice Azumarill would boast the following.

Azumarill@Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/240 Spd/16 HP
Huge Power
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Aqua Jet
-Return

Maybe change the last one to something else physical.

SCUK:

That's a decent Ninetales, tbh, though you might wish to take the risk with Hypnosis, as it will pay off sweetly with time for NP and sweepage.

Glaceon...not too sure.

~Heaven Help Us~

HHU, a nice Azumarill would boast the following.

Azumarill@Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/240 Spd/16 HP
Huge Power
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Aqua Jet
-Return

Maybe change the last one to something else physical.

SCUK:

That's a decent Ninetales, tbh, though you might wish to take the risk with Hypnosis, as it will pay off sweetly with time for NP and sweepage.

Glaceon...not too sure.
okay thaanks its just a thought it could turn into a team.

Volteon

Back I guess??
If it is Electric, and if it is special, it needs Hidden Power.

Magnezone is just awesome to go without Hidden Power. it owns the second best Hidden Power in the game, that's not these things we see everyday.

If it's ingame, you can go with Flash Cannon, but competitively, it NEEDS Hidden Power.

ShiningCharizardUK

Rock & Roller
I tested my Ninetales and it has HP Ice, unfortunately I don't think it's particularly great for a Ninetales :( at the minute I'm torn between these movesets:

• Flamethrower/ Overheat
  • Energy Ball
  • Nasty Plot
  • Hypnosis

• Flamethrower/ Overheat
  • Energy Ball
  • Nasty Plot
  • Dark Pulse

there are only handful of pokés that take reduced damage from the second moveset - they are blaziken, heatran, houndoom and infernape. I could switch dark pulse for extrasensory which means that heatran/ lati@s and houndoom would be resistent.

If I go with the first moveset, practically every fire type in the game will take reduced damage, not to mention most dragon types.

What would be a good item for Ninetales as well? This Ninetales is timid and will have 328 speed, so fairly fast. The plan is to obviously set up with nasty plot, and begin sweeping, so aslong as it can survive a hit or two I should be okay, which is why I think Focus Sash/ Focus Band might come in handy?

Perhaps even life orb or expert belt for that bit extra power in the attacks...?

Kaburadon

Kfetsu Li!!! LOL ^^
Porygon - Z

Is this good for proygon z?
;474;
Porygon-Z@Choice Specs

Recycle
Tri ATK
-
-

i just wanted to know if recycle is good because choice specs is for one time in a battle...;474;

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Is this good for proygon z?
;474;
Porygon-Z@Choice Specs

Recycle
Tri ATK
-
-

i just wanted to know if recycle is good because choice specs is for one time in a battle...;474;

WTF recycle?? -.-

Porygon-Z@life orb
timid nature
252satk/25spe
adaptibilty

Tri Attack
Nasty plot
hidden power fighting
shadow ball

EDIT: specs never lose there effect

Kaburadon

Kfetsu Li!!! LOL ^^
WTF recycle?? -.-

Porygon-Z@life orb
timid nature
252satk/25spe
adaptibilty

Tri Attack
Nasty plot
hidden power fighting
shadow ball

EDIT: specs never lose there effect

I deeply apologize!
but... that what is written in the site...
and can u give me an other set cuz i have a download not adaptability and i used nasty plot and hidden power is not fighting O_O

shinybagon

Looovveee<3
How should I set up an Umbreon?
The usual set, I just spaced
EDIT;
What is a good moveset if I cant get softboil on a clefable?

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
How should I set up an Umbreon?
The usual set, I just spaced
EDIT;
What is a good moveset if I cant get softboil on a clefable?

Clefable:
[Bold] Ev's: 252 HP/152 Def/106 Sp.Atck
{Life Orb} ~Magic Guard~
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Calm Mind up and sweep. Magic Guard prevents Life Orb recoil.

mew..

What do you want?
whars a good set for magnezone?"

magnezone@ ???
modest nature
ev's: ???
moves:
???
flash cannon
???
???

mew..

What do you want?
i can help with garchomp.

garchomp@ choice scarf
evs: attack 252/ sp 252/ hp 4
moves:
stone edge
eathqauke
fire fang
dragon claw

adamant nature, maybe modest.

and now i need a little help of my own...anyone know an ev spread, moveset, and item for a modest magnezone?

Status
Not open for further replies.