• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SphealDrill

I battle against a trainer in the end of route 215. She uses one Alakazam and one Purugly, both in level 100.
It raises at least 9 level of your Pokémon holding EXP Share.
Typing all stats in MetalKid calculator, gives you a good idea of your Pokémon's IVs. (most of the time, the IV is a number among 2 or 4 numbers (like 28~31 or 20~23).

Pidgeot... one of few Pokémon I hate with immense... hate xD

But... it can Return/BraveBird/U-Turn and Quick Attack with choice Band.

But Swellow does this MUCH better. Immense speed, same attack, Guts.

Swellow have a spot in standard battles even being UU. Pidgeot, definately not.

Hmm how about

Featherdance
Brave Bird/Return
Pursuit
Roost

Umbreon probably pulls it off better (switching Featherdance for Charm and Roost for Wish), but a defensive bird might pull some surprises.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I just chained a shiny Bronzor, so is this a good set?

[Relaxed] Ev's: 252 HP/152 Atck/8 Def/96 Sp.Def
{Macho Brace}
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Eatrhquake
Hypnosis

Standard Trick Room set. Trick Room works well for my team, and still keeps Gyro Ball's power the same. Macho Brace raises the damage of Gyro Ball, Hypnosis is for obvious reasons, and Earthquake covers many types and does massive damage.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Hmm how about

Featherdance
Brave Bird/Return
Pursuit
Roost

Umbreon probably pulls it off better (switching Featherdance for Charm and Roost for Wish), but a defensive bird might pull some surprises.
Actually, Staraptor does this better.
Intimidate makes some switch and the incoming Pokémon gets even bigger stat decrease, making it likely to switch again, so you can either Pursuit or Feather Dance again (likely Pursuit because opponent won't be dumb to switch in yet another physical Pokémon)
And with proper EV distribution, Raptor can actually take a CB Dragon Claw from Garchomp.

I just chained a shiny Bronzor, so is this a good set?

[Relaxed] Ev's: 252 HP/152 Atck/8 Def/96 Sp.Def
{Macho Brace}
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Eatrhquake
Hypnosis

Standard Trick Room set. Trick Room works well for my team, and still keeps Gyro Ball's power the same. Macho Brace raises the damage of Gyro Ball, Hypnosis is for obvious reasons, and Earthquake covers many types and does massive damage.
You can't make it better =)

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Actually, Staraptor does this better.
Intimidate makes some switch and the incoming Pokémon gets even bigger stat decrease, making it likely to switch again, so you can either Pursuit or Feather Dance again (likely Pursuit because opponent won't be dumb to switch in yet another physical Pokémon)
And with proper EV distribution, Raptor can actually take a CB Dragon Claw from Garchomp.

You can't make it better =)

Ah, thanks:D!!

HitmonleeFTW

great movesets in this thread, i was wondering if this is a good infernape moveset?
infernape@?
naiive 252sp.attack 252speed 6HP, 31 speed IV's,30sp.attack IV's, 30HPIV's
grass knot
flamethrower
nasty plot
focus blast

Alzi

Toon link

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive 252 sp.atk / 232 spd / 24 atk
-Grass Knot
-Flamethrower
-Nasty Plot
-Close Combat

Close Combat does more damage to blissey. But you can make it a pure special attacker by going hidden power [ice] > Close Combat.

HitmonleeFTW

how exactly can i get him to have hidden power [ice]?

Shiny Dialga

G/S Remake! :) :)
How would this Breloom do in competitive battles?
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Admant; Poison Heal
EV's:44HP/252Atk/212Spe
IV's:24/31/31/11/30/31
~Substitute
~Leech Seed
~Focus Punch
~Spore

djloid

Leafeon Question

How do i breed Wish on to Leafeon? It has lots of parents who can learn it by breeding but who do I start off with? Any help with the chain would be great, as I am going for a standard Leafeon
Leaf Blade
Wish
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Thanks

HitmonleeFTW

It comes at random i mean somtimes it might have fire, grass, water etc. But i would just go with close combat since it will take long trying to get hidden power [ice].
alzi my infernapes a special sweeper, i gave the EV and IV layout, 30 IV's in sp.attack, only 17 in attack, and 252 EV's in sp.attack, none in attack, so i won't b using physical attacks, so with that in mind is this good?
infernape@wise glasses
naive
grass knot
flamethrower
focus blast
nasty plot

Volteon

Back I guess??
Shiny Dialga, sure it's good! You can put Seed Bomb in Leech Seed place to punish those bulky waters, but Leech Seed can go fine!

and as for Leafeon question...
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/133.shtml#wish

Get a female Eevee, a Male from the list with Wish and done....

djloid

Leafeon

Shiny Dialga, sure it's good! You can put Seed Bomb in Leech Seed place to punish those bulky waters, but Leech Seed can go fine!

and as for Leafeon question...
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/133.shtml#wish

Get a female Eevee, a Male from the list with Wish and done....

I realize that, but all of the parents for evee who could learn Wish learn it through breeding, so who do i start with that has wish in order to breed it to a parent that i can then breed with an evee to get wish....

XeNoM

Nerdcore for life
hey, im reasonably new to the whole IV, EV and nature training but for my first full trained team i wanted to do a poison one as i quite like poison pokemon (Y) anyway, i devised this set, any comments on how to improve it gladly accepted, ty in advance

Gengar, modest, shadow ball, thunderbolt, sludge bomb, (psychic/darkpulse), levitate
Roserade, modest, extrasensory, sludge bomb, energy ball, leaf storm, natural cure
Muk, relaxed, gunk shot, focus punch, dig, poison jab, sticky hold
Crobat, adament, cross poison, steel wing, brave bird, zen headbutt, inner focus
Tentacruel, calm, hydro pump, ice beam, giga drain, sludge bomb(thats one too many sludge bombs tbh), clear body
Drapion, adament, cross poison, night slash, slash, arial ace, sniper

Last edited:

Shiny Dialga

G/S Remake! :) :)

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure on which one. Should I go for better IV's or will those work well?

Volteon

Back I guess??
Xenom, go to RMT (Rate my team) forum.

I realize that, but all of the parents for evee who could learn Wish learn it through breeding, so who do i start with that has wish in order to breed it to a parent that i can then breed with an evee to get wish....
Now that I noticed =P
Just sketch Wish and Breed. Go in a double battle with Smeargle and Sketch Wish from your own Pokémon.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure on which one. Should I go for better IV's or will those work well?
IVs are good. I suggest you max Speed EVs. Then you can outrun other Breloom who likes to invest EVs in HP that won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.