• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??

Volteon

Back I guess??
Disable is fine for Choice users or even recovery moves from the likes of Blissey or Cresselia.

Find a good Pokémon with this move and find an spot for it is hard though.

Dusknoir08

<Insert Title Here>
is this a good moveset for a shiny Groudon? its a fast sweeper
Groudon
252ATK/252SPE/4HP
Jolly@Salac Berry
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw
Swords Dance until HP gets low, recieve Salac boost and sweep the rest of the opponents team

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Disable is fine for Choice users or even recovery moves from the likes of Blissey or Cresselia.

Find a good Pokémon with this move and find an spot for it is hard though.
slowbro/king dusknoir lickilicky......

Volteon

Back I guess??
They're not fast enough to avoid the use of the move.
and the fast ones (Kingdra, Alakazam) or even Dusknoir have more to do, that's what I meant.

Kass

So I'm trying to make a CM Lunatone like on Smogon, but I just can't seem to get a modest one... I have, however, hatched two or so timid ones. If Smogon's EV spread is 220 HP, 220 SAtk, and 68 Spd for a modest nature, how many EVs could I take from Spd and put into SAtk to make up for it?

Dusknoir08

<Insert Title Here>
So I'm trying to make a CM Lunatone like on Smogon, but I just can't seem to get a modest one... I have, however, hatched two or so timid ones. If Smogon's EV spread is 220 HP, 220 SAtk, and 68 Spd for a modest nature, how many EVs could I take from Spd and put into SAtk to make up for it?

you will probably have to max out special attack (252 evs) to make up for it, keep trying for the modest!

Cool Frood

<-- Feelin' Blue...
Modest Lunatone: Special Attack: 309, Speed: 193
Timid Lunatone (same spread): Special Attack: 281, Speed: 212
Timid Lunatone (max SpA): Special Attack: 289, Speed (no EV's): 193

Unfortunately, even Timid max SpA EV Lunatone has a difference of 20. To balance this out, you may need to give it an item, perhaps a Life Orb. Just pump the rest of the EV's into SpD for a "bulkier" sweeper. Notice that Timid will be way faster, and if you have a Nasty Plot passer, Timid Lunatone can work.

Kass

Aw... I may keep this one as I'm only using it against my friend who I don't believe knows anything of EVs or natures... Since it will have Calm Mind, maybe the difference won't be as big a deal... But I will probably put 220 HP, 252 SAtk, and 32 Spd. Thanks Cool Frood.

Ok. I'm ready to do Phione's movesets. I can't pick one. Its either Ice Beam or Grass Knot. Its EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd./ 4 HP @ Modest
Attacks:
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Surf
Rest
Rain Dance

I'm going towards Ice Beam.

viperGTS

&lt;---Chaining For!
Ok. I'm ready to do Phione's movesets. I can't pick one. Its either Ice Beam or Grass Knot. Its EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd./ 4 HP @ Modest
Attacks:
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Surf
Rest
Rain Dance

I'm going towards Ice Beam.

I would go with ice beam, to deal with salamence and garchomp. It's still neutral against swampert.

Cobalt_Latios

I'm not sure if anyone remembers (probably not), but I request a moveset for a Gliscor once, but don't really know whether or not the nature was given.

I'll repost the moveset and maybe someone could tell me what nature would suit it best.

Gliscor
attacks:
- Aerial Ace/Roost
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance/X-Scissor
- Baton Pass/Night Slash

moves in italic are options that were suggested for it, moves in bold were my ideas for options.

~C_L~

Hikaru Ichiro

Pyromaniac
I need a good moveset for an Umbreon, please. I looked up the Pokémon of the day page, but I assume that was 3rd generation, and I would like some dark moves, for STAB and because I can never deal with psychic types -_-

mew..

What do you want?
@ colbalt, gliscor wants impish.

@ hi, :

umreon@leftovers
bold/sassy nature
252 hp/252 defense/6 attack
~baton pass
~wish
~curse
~toxic.

umbreon is NOT an attacker, and never will be. tanking is his job :p

I'm not sure if anyone remembers (probably not), but I request a moveset for a Gliscor once, but don't really know whether or not the nature was given.

I'll repost the moveset and maybe someone could tell me what nature would suit it best.

Gliscor
attacks:
- Aerial Ace/Roost
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance/X-Scissor
- Baton Pass/Night Slash

moves in italic are options that were suggested for it, moves in bold were my ideas for options.

~C_L~

Depends primarily on what you want Gliscor to do. One set there suggests attacking, another tanking.
Tanking/Walling: ~Impish~
Roost
Knock Off
Ice Fang/Aerial Ace
EQ

Attaking/Sweeping ~Adamant~
EQ
Swords Dance/Uturn
Stone Edge/Ice Fang
Aerial Ace/Ice Fang

I'd say the former is the more effective - and standard - one. Night Slash and X-Scissor are viable too, of course.

Cobalt_Latios

Thank you for the Gliscor help, I now need help with another one, sorry.

This time it's a Gallade. I also received a moveset for it, but never receive a nature for it. The moveset goes as follows:

Gallade
attacks:
- Will-O-Wisp/Hypnosis
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Thanks again for any help.

~C_L~

Status
Not open for further replies.