• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
I've decided my team needs a good Annoyer and I've decided to go with Froslass. Is this a good moveset, or is there anything I could do to improve?
Item:Lax Insence
Double Team
Hail
Confuse Ray
Toxic
EV's would be nice also...

nubinator

Banned
Does anyone have a good moveset for a Competitive Vaporeon?

Azn_Ninja

I've decided my team needs a good Annoyer and I've decided to go with Froslass. Is this a good moveset, or is there anything I could do to improve?
Item:Lax Insence
Double Team
Hail
Confuse Ray
Toxic
EV's would be nice also...

Double Team and Lax Incense are usually banned if you're playing with the standard rules.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
Do you mean the standard rules of a tournament, or the standard rules of the metagame(which is in fact fake)?
I'm only using it on Wi-Fi Random Battles anyway.

Last edited:

GarnetMasterSeika

Hengxin Annihilator
Thanks for the moveset. I'm still kinda new at this.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
Anymore suggestions?
I`m willing to take ANY ideas.

cabman

i like the moveset
heres another version
name: Support
move 1: Thunder Wave/Destiny Bond
move 2: Confuse Ray/Spikes
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Leftovers/Focus Sash/Colbur Berry

nature: Timid
evs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SpAtk
(form smogon)

Chandler

Where is a good place to get Sp Def EVs in this game? **frustrated**

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Leftovers and Life Orb should be just fine for Gengar. Some people give it Choice Scarf so it can hit Hypnosis straight away.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Where is a good place to get Sp Def EVs in this game? **frustrated**

I believe the answer is wild tentacool and tentacruel.

TogeticTheRuler

Anymore suggestions?
I`m willing to take ANY ideas.

There is no real point in annoying, whats the point?Annoying your opponents in frustration so they give up?The point is to prevent attacking while doing resual damage also, however this doesn't work in this generation, due to everything hitting much harder with the advent of actual useful attacks.

Azn_Ninja

whats a good item to have on my gengar?
its moveset is;
shadow ball
sludge bomb
energy ball
hypnosis
Gengar @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp / Energy Ball / Focus Blast

Shadow Ball for STAB, Thudnerbolt for those bulky water, Hypnosis for obvious reasons. Will-O-Wisp to weaken those physical sweeper, or Energy Ball for Rhyperior / Swampert or Focus Blast for Tyranitar.
Leftovers and Life Orb should be just fine for Gengar. Some people give it Choice Scarf so it can hit Hypnosis straight away.
Black Sludge > Leftovers. And I wouldn't recommend Scarf on a Pokemon with base 110 Speed, but meh, I guess that hit and run tactic could work on Gengar.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Black Sludge > Leftovers. And I wouldn't recommend Scarf on a Pokemon with base 110 Speed, but meh, I guess that hit and run tactic could work on Gengar.
Black Sludge and Leftys are practically the same thing, and I'm not all for the Choice Scarf, but it does get used with Gengar despite its Speed.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Black Sludge and Leftys are practically the same thing, and I'm not all for the Choice Scarf, but it does get used with Gengar despite its Speed.

Black sludge has the advantage over a rare chance someone using trick or thief... especially if you switch into it.

Campbell

Duke of Earl
Is ice punch a good move on a hustle, adamant delibird?

Status
Not open for further replies.