• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusknoir08

<Insert Title Here>
in one way i'd recommend phantom1113's idea because after a swords dance lucario is very powerful, but if your unlucky and your opponent has a supereffective move against you then lucario won't survive.
in another way i'd recommend my idea to make the most of lucario's already high special attack and already high speed to sweep quickly, but if you meet a counter then you'll end up the same way as the first idea...

overall it depends if you prefer a special attacker or a physical attacker on your team

Kagrenak

<- Got'cha.
Speaking of Scizor, I've got a nice moveste, but I don't know which level is the best to evolve Scyther (as it gains in attack and defences, but loses a lot of speed). Any hints?

SphealDrill

lickylicky can learn power whip too

but on tangrowth you can go either way , doesnt really matter

mamoswine@choice band
64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
adamant nature

ice shard
earthquake
stone edge
avalanche/ice fang/peck/blizard

blizard works best in hail team

True, but Tangrowth gets STAB on it and is better than Carnivine.

I ended up breeding my Tangela and got one with Leaf Storm, so maybe a Choice Specs set?

Myzou

Sick and tired of the idiots at gamefaqs. I need a 6th for my team, but I don't know what to add. PLEASE do not tell me to replace one or more of my pokemon, I'm happy with them, I just need to replace my roserade, which ended up with 0 Sp Att IV and 6 Speed IVs, and took too long to breed the right nature/Hidden Power/ability -.-

Gengar@Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hypnosis :: Heart Scale
- Shadow Ball :: Level 33
- Thunderbolt :: TM 24
- Focus Blast :: TM 52
---
Gallade@Scope Lens
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance :: Level 25
- Shadow Sneak :: Egg Move (Level 22+Duskull)
- Night Slash :: Heartscale
- Close Combat :: Level 53
---
Froslass@Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam :: TM 13
- Shadow Ball :: TM 30
- Thunderbolt :: TM 24
- Psychic/Destiny Bond :: TM 29/Level 59
---
Yanmega@Wise Glasses
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Detect :: Level 17
- Air Slash :: Level 49
- Bug Buzz :: Level 54
- Hidden Power [Ground] :: Breed For HP Ground, TM 10
---
Milotic@Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 148 HP/228 Def/132 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf :: HM 03
- Ice Beam :: TM 13
- Dragon Pulse :: TM 59
- Recover :: Level 21
---

I was thinking of Leafeon, Tangrowth, or Breloom, but I don't know >_<

SphealDrill

I'd go with Tangrowth. You don't have a physical wall, so either Leafeon or Tangrowth. Moveset wise, Leafeon is generally more suited to BPing Swords Dance- the only one who really benefits on your team is Gallade, who's already using the move. Attack-wise the only thing it has over Tangrowth is X-Scissor, and Yanmega covers that.

Tangrowth@Leftovers (if using One Item Clause, try something like erm Quick Claw or something, I'm not sure)
Bold/Impish
252HP, 252Def, 6Atk/SpAtk
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Knock Off/Block
Power Whip/Energy Ball

Tangrowth has better Sp.Atk, but Power Whip is stronger- your call. Knock Off cripples your opponent's item, while Block shuts them from fleeing (and thus traps them in Leech Seed and sleep). Watch for Grass-types, though.

EDIT: I noticed you modified Milotic to be more physically defensive oriented. In that case Tangrowth can function just as well as a physical or special attacker.

Myzou

I'd go with Tangrowth. You don't have a physical wall, so either Leafeon or Tangrowth. Moveset wise, Leafeon is generally more suited to BPing Swords Dance- the only one who really benefits on your team is Gallade, who's already using the move. Attack-wise the only thing it has over Tangrowth is X-Scissor, and Yanmega covers that.

Tangrowth@Leftovers (if using One Item Clause, try something like erm Quick Claw or something, I'm not sure)
Bold/Impish
252HP, 252Def, 6Atk/SpAtk
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Knock Off/Block
Power Whip/Energy Ball

Tangrowth has better Sp.Atk, but Power Whip is stronger- your call. Knock Off cripples your opponent's item, while Block shuts them from fleeing (and thus traps them in Leech Seed and sleep). Watch for Grass-types, though.

EDIT: I noticed you modified Milotic to be more physically defensive oriented. In that case Tangrowth can function just as well as a physical or special attacker.

Thank you~ Most people don't notice I modify my team for 1 item clause XD Would Shell Bell work for Tangrowth? Or perhaps the berry to lower fire or flying type attack? Since she's going to be attacking anyways half the time? I have plenty of special attackers, so I think I'll go with Knock Off and Power Whip for that, my Milotic is both defense and sp def, they're about equal with what I've done, defense is about 20 lower, due to only a 22 defense IV -.-

If I knock off someone, they switch out, will they have their item back when they come back? Or if not, can you knock off more then 1 pokemon's items?

What exactly is the strategy with that set? Sleep Powder to force them to switch, then leech seed the new one, and just attack? >.>;;

EDIT: Also, what nature would you suggest for that set?, on top of that, what moveset does Leafeon use for physically walling? o_O;

EDIT2: on second thought, I might do Power Whip and Block... Knock off is too weak, and if I trap something they switched in to raise stats then baton pass, could be quite evil...

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
- Metal Claw / Quick Attack
maybe a stupd question but.. is U-turn like baton pass?

Dusknoir08

<Insert Title Here>
maybe a stupd question but.. is U-turn like baton pass?

U-turn causes damage unlike baton pass and unlike baton pass u-turn does not carry on any stat changes

Walrein
Bold@leftovers - thick fat
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
make use of walrein's high defenses with this set, and with thick fat fire isn't going to be so good against ice, its sure to last a long time on the field

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Speaking of Scizor, I've got a nice moveste, but I don't know which level is the best to evolve Scyther (as it gains in attack and defences, but loses a lot of speed). Any hints?
Doesn't matter.
If you evolve it in Lv 100 or in Lv 1, Scizor will have the same stats.

SphealDrill

Thank you~ Most people don't notice I modify my team for 1 item clause XD Would Shell Bell work for Tangrowth? Or perhaps the berry to lower fire or flying type attack? Since she's going to be attacking anyways half the time? I have plenty of special attackers, so I think I'll go with Knock Off and Power Whip for that, my Milotic is both defense and sp def, they're about equal with what I've done, defense is about 20 lower, due to only a 22 defense IV -.-

If I knock off someone, they switch out, will they have their item back when they come back? Or if not, can you knock off more then 1 pokemon's items?

What exactly is the strategy with that set? Sleep Powder to force them to switch, then leech seed the new one, and just attack? >.>;;

EDIT: Also, what nature would you suggest for that set?, on top of that, what moveset does Leafeon use for physically walling? o_O;

EDIT2: on second thought, I might do Power Whip and Block... Knock off is too weak, and if I trap something they switched in to raise stats then baton pass, could be quite evil...

Shell Bell heals very little hp on average- and since you're not attacking all the time, it doesn't help too much. Berries can work- either Lum for status, or if going for the type berries, the Fire- or Ice- types- the others are usually physical in nature.

Knock Off gets rids of their item till the battle's over- so yes, you can knock off more than one item.

Starting off with Block or Seed is probably a better idea since you'll probabaly be playing with Sleep Clause. Once you've trapped them, sleep and seed, then start Whipping away.

Leafeon's movepool's a bit shallow. For the BP-ish set, try:

Leafeon
Impish
252HP, 252Atk, 6Def
Leaf Blade
Wish
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

I generally consider Wish to be suprerior to Synthesis since you can heal others wth it and it's not affected by weather. The idea is pretty simple- SD up, Wish, then Pass, or stay in and Blade to death.

For a more stallish version, you could try:

Leafeon
Impish
252Hp, 252Def, 6Atk
Wish/Synthesis/Rest
Grasswhistle/Yawn/Sunny Day
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor/Aerial Ace

Bearing in mind Sunny Day does nothing for Leafeon except activate Leaf Guard and increasing health healed by Synthesis. Sunnyrest is a viable option, though beware of Flamethrowers. Grasswhistle has horrid accuracy, but it's not bad. Yawn can force switches too. For the last attack, X-Scissor is stronger, but leaves you at the mercy of Flying and Fire types.

DonDemio

Maverick of Serebii!
Hey, I have a nidoking that is not Ev'ed and i want it to have a good moveset. What would you guys say is a good moveset? This is what I'm thinking...

Toxic Spikes
Megahorn
Earth Power
Horn Drill

Senor Finaleze

I don't know what to do with Machamp. I have the elemental punches on the parent Machop right now.

I was thinking

Machamp @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd(I don't really know what else to have for EVs)
-DynamicPunch
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

But there's always Fire Punch.....

Volteon

Back I guess??
Payback is better in Stone Edge.

You'll be hitting all fliers super effective with either, Ice or Thunder Punch.
the common Fire Pokémon are neutral to rock and will faint with one Fighting attack.
Ice Pokémon faint to the fight attack, and if it's Froslass, it's fragile enough to faint to the punches.
And the common Bug Pokémon are also neutral to Rock, and won't bother you a lot (unless this is Yanmega, but you shouldn't face it).

With Payback you have something to nail Ghosts and Psychics switch ins.

I also tell you to put Close Combat and give it Guts nature. Your fighting attack is stronger (gets even stronger with Choice Band) and you'll be switching after you attack due to Choice Band, so the defense drop won't matter.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I have a question about Lumineon. Is it UU or NU? I was thinking about using this set.

Lumineon@Life Orb
Modest Nature
252 SPA/252 HP/6 DE

Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power [Grass/Electric]
Rain Dance

Since it has the same base score for attack...

Lumineon@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 AT/252 SP/6 DE

Waterfall/Aqua Tail
Return
U-Turn
Rain Dance

I'm assuming Rain Dance provides all the speed boosting it needs?

Volteon

Back I guess??
There isn't a set NU list, but much likely to stay there. All water Pokémon outclasses him.

Anyways, they are both good.

shiny meta

i was wondering whats a better item for a swords dancing infernape life orb or focus sash
focus sash means +2 attack always and means flare blitz is a last resort OHKO all the time while life orb is instant power btw its for the battle tower

Status
Not open for further replies.