• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Life Orb

but prefer the mixed moveset (Close Combat, Flamethrower, Grass Knot and Nasty Plot/Mach Punch)

shiny meta

^ ok life orb it is i already have heatran on my team so i went for physical

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
How is this for a Clefable set?

[Bold] Ev's:?
{Life Orb} /Magic Guard/
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Magic Guard protects against Life Orb recoil. And BoltBeam as you know, covers many types. Softboiled is for healing. Can I have an EV spread please, I can't think of one?

Volteon

Back I guess??
How is this for a Clefable set?

[Bold] Ev's:?
{Life Orb} /Magic Guard/
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Magic Guard protects against Life Orb recoil. And BoltBeam as you know, covers many types. Softboiled is for healing. Can I have an EV spread please, I can't think of one?
Perfect!
And PLEASE tell me if you could get a Bold Softboiled/Magic Guard Clefable! I'm desperate for one! Got a imense love for this Pokémon since I saw it almost sweeping me in a battle! But I can't have Cleffa's line in Emerald ~_~

EDIT: Knew I forgot something >_<
252 HP / 152 Defense / 104 SpAattack is enough

What is a good moveset for:

Torterra & Rapidash?
Torterra:
Impish-212 HP / 252 Defense / 44 Speed
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Leech Seed
Protect/Stealth Rock

A swampert with Grass instead of Water type. It has great resistences as the very used Ground/Rock one, but unlike Swampert falls to most special moves, especially those it's weak to.

And Rapidash:
Jolly-252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Flare Blitz
Megahorn
Iron Tail/Double Kick
Return/Quick Attack

Outclassed by many other Fire Pokémon, but it has some uses...

If it's for ingame, just slap anything and it'll do fine.

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Perfect!
And PLEASE tell me if you could get a Bold Softboiled/Magic Guard Clefable! I'm desperate for one! Got a imense love for this Pokémon since I saw it almost sweeping me in a battle! But I can't have Cleffa's line in Emerald ~_~

EDIT: Knew I forgot something >_<
252 HP / 152 Defense / 104 SpAattack is enough

Torterra:
Impish-212 HP / 252 Defense / 44 Speed
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Leech Seed
Protect/Stealth Rock

A swampert with Grass instead of Water type. It has great resistences as the very used Ground/Rock one, but unlike Swampert falls to most special moves, especially those it's weak to.

And Rapidash:
Jolly-252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Flare Blitz
Megahorn
Iron Tail/Double Kick
Return/Quick Attack

Outclassed by many other Fire Pokémon, but it has some uses...

If it's for ingame, just slap anything and it'll do fine.

Thanks, and yeah I will get you one, if I can:p. Oh and the EV spread on Smogon for it (also yours), I played around with last night on Stat Calculators and Damage Calculators, and I feel that the best for me would be, 252 HP/152 Def/106 Atck.
EDIT: S**T, I forgot Softboiled was an Emerald tutor move. Should I use Moonlight instead?

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
It's (a lot) inferior. Any weather (excluding Sun) will ruin Clefable's healing abilities, and 5PP is really not welcome. Wish could replace it better, but Clefable enjoys a instant healing, so I don't know what to do =S

Try finding a diferent moveset to use Wish. Like Protect, Wish, Facade, Meteor Mash. (EDIT: Of course, with Toxic Orb)

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
It's (a lot) inferior. Any weather (excluding Sun) will ruin Clefable's healing abilities, and 5PP is really not welcome. Wish could replace it better, but Clefable enjoys a instant healing, so I don't know what to do =S

Try finding a diferent moveset to use Wish. Like Protect, Wish, Facade, Meteor Mash. (EDIT: Of course, with Toxic Orb)

Ah, maaan. I loved this set so much though...
EDIT: Can I use the set with Wish support, and put Moonlight or Thunder Wave in the last slot?

Last edited:

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Is this a good moveset for Mothim?

Mothim@Expert Belt/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
252 SPA/252 SP/6 DE

Big Buzz
Air Slash
Hidden Power [Ground/Fighting]
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball

Which move would work best in the last slot?

Volteon

Back I guess??
Ah, maaan. I loved this set so much though...
EDIT: Can I use the set with Wish support, and put Moonlight or Thunder Wave in the last slot?
Wish Support won't work. you'll need to switch and then you lose all the boosts.
You may try with only Moonlight. Just carry something to stab Tyranitar, Hippowdon or Abomasnow and a weather changer (Sunny Day preferably)

Is this a good moveset for Mothim?

Mothim@Expert Belt/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
252 SPA/252 SP/6 DE

Big Buzz
Air Slash
Hidden Power [Ground/Fighting]
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball

Which move would work best in the last slot?
I say Energy Ball. Don't think there's much Psychic/Ghost in NU.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Wish Support won't work. you'll need to switch and then you lose all the boosts.
You may try with only Moonlight. Just carry something to stab Tyranitar, Hippowdon or Abomasnow and a weather changer (Sunny Day preferably)

I say Energy Ball. Don't think there's much Psychic/Ghost in NU.

OK thanks, but I decided to go with that Facade set you posted earlier. A boosted Facade without taking damage is brutal:). Besides I can chain it:p!

SphealDrill

Thanks, and yeah I will get you one, if I can:p. Oh and the EV spread on Smogon for it (also yours), I played around with last night on Stat Calculators and Damage Calculators, and I feel that the best for me would be, 252 HP/152 Def/106 Atck.
EDIT: S**T, I forgot Softboiled was an Emerald tutor move. Should I use Moonlight instead?

I could've sworn there was a tutor in Celadon City... or was that in RBY? :eek:

DonDemio

Maverick of Serebii!
Hey, what is a good contest moveset for a Milotic. I need it for a beauty contest at master rank... Can anyone help me?

SphealDrill

Hey, what is a good contest moveset for a Milotic. I need it for a beauty contest at master rank... Can anyone help me?

This one's fairly simple.

Ice Beam/Surf
Mirror Coat
Splash
Flail

EDIT: After checking, there is a Softboiled Tutor in FRLG... I'm not sure if you can teach Clefable the move there though.

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
This one's fairly simple.

Ice Beam/Surf
Mirror Coat
Splash
Flail

EDIT: After checking, there is a Softboiled Tutor in FRLG... I'm not sure if you can teach Clefable the move there though.

OK, thanks a lot:).

Status
Not open for further replies.