• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Complete Moveset Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romke

Dutch Trainer
I have a Cloyster
Cloyster@leftovers lax
Spike cannons
avalanche
ice shard
protect

but I'm not ok with that ataks and that cloyster has 252 on atack, 252 on def and 6 on sp def

what would be a good strategy for that cloyster?

thanks

Maybe this. Just got it form another site

091Cloyster.png

Cloyster @leftovers
Shell armor
Impish nature
252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice beam
- Rapid spin
- Surf

Make a good defensive pokemon with it that can take alot of physical damaga. Then use toxic spikes in battle so the opposite pokemon is slowly losing its health

SphealDrill

You can't or you're lazy to? Breeding for moves is very easy..

anyways, the standard doesn't use Egg moves:
Earthquake
Aerial Ace / Fire Blast
Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
Toxic Spikes

Umbreon...
Wish
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Toxic/Payback/stuff.

I like Wish/Mean Look/Taunt/Payback for Umbreon myself, but that's just me.

Looking for a Seviper moveset too.. it's got a really wide offensive movepool, but not sure how to use it. -__-

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Looking for a Seviper moveset too.. it's got a really wide offensive movepool, but not sure how to use it. -__-
There's...

@Choice Band/Life Orb
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Crunch
Body Slam/Glare

all it's physical movepool and last slot for paralysis support.
Glare can paralyze Ghosts, but Body Slam does damage and have a nice % to paralyze.

is cloister a good pokemon to use?cuz ive been thinking for my next team to use pokemon that noone uses.
Cloyster can work wonders if you know how to use it (sounds irrelevant, but I actually could do that with Drapion, who I think it's better) But it is a spiker who isn't trapped by Magnet Pull and can even BOOM.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I need help with my Spiritomb.

Modest nature @ ?
-Dark Pulse
-will-o-wisp
-Calm Mind
-?

No Idea what to put in the last slot. It doesn't have hidden power fighting and it runs in my trick room team. Any ideas?

Plus, willowisp and calm mind both work together to make spiritomb a total wall. i don't want to rebreed it.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
One nice thing about Electrode is that it's the fastest UU pokemon (barring Scarf and Salac opponents). I'm thinking about using one, but I'm not sure what move to use in the last slot.

Electrode@Life Orb
Hasty Nature
252 SP/252 SPA/6 AT

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Explosion
???

What move would work best in the last slot?

SphealDrill

There's...

@Choice Band/Life Orb
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Crunch
Body Slam/Glare

all it's physical movepool and last slot for paralysis support.
Glare can paralyze Ghosts, but Body Slam does damage and have a nice % to paralyze.

That looks pretty good, thanks. A shame Seviper got Shed Skin though, it might have worked better getting Intimidate like Arbok.

One nice thing about Electrode is that it's the fastest UU pokemon (barring Scarf and Salac opponents). I'm thinking about using one, but I'm not sure what move to use in the last slot.

Electrode@Life Orb
Hasty Nature
252 SP/252 SPA/6 AT

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Explosion
???

What move would work best in the last slot?

Substitute is an option, it allows you to block statuses and do a little scouting. Also note that Electrode doesn't need 252Speed- with it's naturally high speed and Hasty it can outrun just about everything in UU, so take off about 40 or so and dump them into Atk for a stronger Explosion.

I got a Shiny Feraligatr recently, but it got cursed with a Mild nature (I think it was hacked though, no way it was in a Master Ball and caught at Route 201 >.>). How viable is MixedGatr?

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
You can't or you're lazy to? Breeding for moves is very easy..

anyways, the standard doesn't use Egg moves:
Earthquake
Aerial Ace / Fire Blast
Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
Toxic Spikes

I can't, the one I want to use is my shiny one.
Thank you!

A good moveset for Castform please.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
which is best for my gliscor impish nature with hyper cutter

-EQ
-Aerial Ace
-Roost
-Stealth Rock

OR

-EQ
-Ice Fang
-Roost
-Stealth Rock

Volteon

Back I guess??
I can't, the one I want to use is my shiny one.
Thank you!

A good moveset for Castform please.
Oh =X Sorry then!

And I love Castform =)
Here's what I like...

Rain Dance
Thunder
Weather Ball
Ice Beam

Pretty standard, messes with those moonlight/synthesis users from UU (Like Meganium, Vileplume) Weather Ball turns into a powerful water move (Base 225! including side effects) and helps the many swift swim Pokémon in the tier too.

Holding Life Orb if you want to risk it's little HP =P

which is best for my gliscor impish nature with hyper cutter

-EQ
-Aerial Ace
-Roost
-Stealth Rock

OR

-EQ
-Ice Fang
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
I say Ice Fang. Aerial Ace, you hit Heracross, but this one does nothing to you already, so it's fine and get immense coverage with Ice Fang. (Hits 9 types super effective with only 2 moves!).

EDIT: One more post and favorite Gym leader rank will be mine! =)

Last edited:

SphealDrill

Pre-congrats to Volteon then? ;)

I've been working on Typloshion, mostly behind Eruption. Currently it's Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Flamethrower/Eruption due to Typhlosion having a terrible movepool as it is. x_x Should I use a Scarf and give it something else like Focus Blast?

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I need help with my Chimecho ASAP!
Thanks in advance!

Chimecho @ Odd Incense
Rash Nature
171 HP/ 154 SP.ATK/ 116 SP.DEF

Extrasensory
Shadow Ball
Heal Bell
Psychic

phantom1113

Not a random nub
I say Ice Fang. Aerial Ace, you hit Heracross, but this one does nothing to you already, so it's fine and get immense coverage with Ice Fang. (Hits 9 types super effective with only 2 moves!).

EDIT: One more post and favorite Gym leader rank will be mine! =)

WRONG, gliscor needs aerial ace to counter heracross

EDIT: I'm rank up earlier :p

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
I've beaten many Heracross without AAce. And they'll switch out so the AAce won't matter. If they are dumb to stay, Roost+Quake takes care of him even if resistent.

Pre-congrats to Volteon then? ;)

I've been working on Typloshion, mostly behind Eruption. Currently it's Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Flamethrower/Eruption due to Typhlosion having a terrible movepool as it is. x_x Should I use a Scarf and give it something else like Focus Blast?
I like (mixed) ScarfLosion a lot! Requires a lot of prediction, but when used right, can sweep a team!
It is...

Focus Punch
Eruption
Overheat/FireBlast/FlameT
Earthquake/Hidden Power Ice

Rash Nature with 144 Atk / 252 SpA / 112 Spe

It as a lead is good, and keep it away from Stealth Rock and these stuff.
FireBlast or Overheat ARE powerful when Blaze is activated and Typhlosion has the speed to abuse it very well.
Even hurts Pokémon resistent to fire and neutral to the other moves (like Water Pokémon), they have a power of 135 (FBlast) and 157 (OHeat), but you shouldn't face those unless their HP is low.

Thanks in advance!

Chimecho @ Odd Incense
Rash Nature

Extrasensory
Shadow Ball
Heal Bell
Psychic
Humm... Chimecho is definately those Pokémon that won't succeed until it gets an evolution.
Anyways, Odd incense isn't a good item and nor is Chimecho an offensive threat, so give him supportive moves to help team.

Psychic/healBell/Wish/Hypnosis is enough!

EDIT: Volkner for Volteon :D
/offtopic

Last edited:

SphealDrill

Thanks in advance!

Chimecho @ Odd Incense
Rash Nature

Extrasensory
Shadow Ball
Heal Bell
Psychic

Chimecho's stats are pretty bad. If going for a more defensive set and can breed, try:

Chimecho@Leftovers
Psychic
Calm Mind/Charge Beam
Thunder Wave
Recover/Wish/Energy Ball

Calm Mind ups Sp.Def, while Charge Beam gives you bit more coverage. I personally prefer Wish, but Recover is good too for instant recovery, while Energy Ball means you won't get walled by Dark-types (save a few, like Shiftry). You'll get knocked out pretty quickly against physical attackers, though, so you may want some EVs in Def or HP.

If just pseudopassing, try:

Chimecho@Light Clay/Leftovers
Reflect
Light Screen
Wish
Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Psychic

The weather moves can be used to set up for other Pokemon for your team. Psychic is there for an actual attack if you want one.

EDIT:

I've beaten many Heracross without AAce. And they'll switch out so the AAce won't matter. If they are dumb to stay, Roost+Quake takes care of him even if resistent.

I like (mixed) ScarfLosion a lot! Requires a lot of prediction, but when used right, can sweep a team!
It is...

Focus Punch
Eruption
Overheat/FireBlast/FlameT
Earthquake/Hidden Power Ice

Rash Nature with 144 Atk / 252 SpA / 112 Spe

It as a lead is good, and keep it away from Stealth Rock and these stuff.
FireBlast or Overheat ARE powerful when Blaze is activated and Typhlosion has the speed to abuse it very well.
Even hurts Pokémon resistent to fire and neutral to the other moves (like Water Pokémon), they have a power of 135 (FBlast) and 157 (OHeat), but you shouldn't face those unless their HP is low.

I've seen FTs OHKO Dusknoirs before during Blaze (granted there was a Sunny Day up), so Overheat will probably really hurt. I might go with Fire Blast and Focus Blast if going Battle Tower, though.

Anyone else find it creepy how similar Typhlosion and Charizard are? Exact same stats, same height, same EVs given, Typhlosion is just heavier and has a lousier movepool save Eruption. (Why give it Gyro Ball? Makes little sense.)

Last edited:

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Chimecho@Leftovers
Psychic
Calm Mind/Charge Beam
Thunder Wave
Recover/Wish/Energy Ball

Well, I really like this moveset, I'm not into using OU's, Ubers or BL's...
I love Chimecho and I wanna try my best to raise one that will kick-***!
What nature shall I look for in mine?... Calm? Gentle?...
And where can I learn the Zen secrets of EV training, I know squat =_=

Humm... Chimecho is definately those Pokémon that won't succeed until it gets an evolution.
Anyways, Odd incense isn't a good item and nor is Chimecho an offensive threat, so give him supportive moves to help team.

Psychic/healBell/Wish/Hypnosis is enough!

Woah, thanks! I actually find this moveset very useful with the addition of Hypnosis it can make my life easier and help Chimecho deal some damage before something knocks it out and Wish kicks in

I still need to find a good nature and learn how to EV train it >_<

Last edited:

SphealDrill

Well, I really like this moveset, I'm not into using OU's, Ubers or BL's...
I love Chimecho and I wanna try my best to raise one that will kick-***!
What nature shall I look for in mine?... Calm? Gentle?...
And where can I learn the Zen secrets of EV training, I know squat =_=

Woah, thanks! I actually find this moveset very useful with the addition of Hypnosis it can make my life easier and help Chimecho deal some damage before something knocks it out and Wish kicks in

I still need to find a good nature and learn how to EV train it >_<

Well, thanks, I'm glad you like it. :) Bold, Calm or Modest all work fine.

There's a very nice EV guide here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/48969

Status
Not open for further replies.