• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Computer hates me

Jumper

Ok, so I'm posting it here, because this is not the only site this is happening to me on. When I try to post in web forums, here, and other places my computer just flat out jams up. Causing things to never load, post about 3-4 threads, or just freeze my whole computer. What gets me is it's mainly web forums and not most sites, but some sites do freeze as well. I've changed my browser which helped a little but I'm still getting this from some places and now other ones that didn't before until I switched. What's going on here? I'd like to become active on here and a few other forums but it's kind of hard when my lappy won't let me. :(

M4zz

Banned
It could be your computers capacity. There are nearly ten million posts here. And God knows how many posts are within other forums. You mentioned that usually its forum sites that do this, so yeah. Add more memory to your computer if this turns out tobe the problem. Hope this helps.

Crumpet

Delete your System32
You gotta go to Google, put in 2204355, and click I'm feeling lucky.

Jumper

It could be your computers capacity. There are nearly ten million posts here. And God knows how many posts are within other forums. You mentioned that usually its forum sites that do this, so yeah. Add more memory to your computer if this turns out tobe the problem. Hope this helps.

I recently cleaned my drives. My computer has 2GB ram and
250HDD... My computer barely has anything on the drives. I am running my browser from the C:/ drive but it's still coming up that way. I am using wireless access, could that have anything to do with this problem?

M4zz

Banned
I recently cleaned my drives. My computer has 2GB ram and
250HDD... My computer barely has anything on the drives. I am running my browser from the C:/ drive but it's still coming up that way. I am using wireless access, could that have anything to do with this problem?

2gig? With internet! Thats gotta be slow. My advice is to throw Eight more gig on at the very least. Wireless access shouldnt be the problem, as I run off of it too, and this machine of mine loads really fast. Im not sure about your hard drive. 250 what? Megabytes? Gigabytes? If you do any online gaming such as starcraft or games such as, that would be the source of your problem.

Frank The Bunny

2Gigs of RAM is more than enough to do just about anything your typical internet user needs to do.

Anyway, if the lag is only occurring on Serebii then well... it's known that Serebiis servers tend to uhh .. lag a little from time to time so don't worry about that.

Ever consider the fact that it could be malware causing the jamming? lol

Might want to look into it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Download free version, install, run quick scan and find out :)