• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Computer won't read my Graphics Card!

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hi everyone,

Just recently, my dad bought me a 256MB 3D NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5500 graphics card, and I've got it plugged into the slot (AGP).
When I insert the installation CD, an error comes up saying "There is no correct device for this CD!". I made sure it was plugged in properly, and it was, because when I start up the computer, it shows the name of the graphics card and company, etc.

The main problem is that error, "There is no correct device for this CD!" error. Is there any way I can get it to read the Graphics Card?

PS: I'm no so perfect with computers, I'm only 14, but I know most of the stuff.

Thanks!

Mupen64 Man

Hitmonlee
What you should try to do is right click My Computer and go to Properties.
then go to the tab called "devices" then go to device manager. click on the + sign by the Display Adapter. check if your graphics card name is there. if it isnt there, go to my controls and go into add Hardware. it will search your computers resources. when it does, it should recognize your graphics card. then it will install drivers, and it should work. tell me how this goes.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
What you should try to do is right click My Computer and go to Properties.
then go to the tab called "devices" then go to device manager. click on the + sign by the Display Adapter. check if your graphics card name is there. if it isnt there, go to my controls and go into add Hardware. it will search your computers resources. when it does, it should recognize your graphics card. then it will install drivers, and it should work. tell me how this goes.

I did, but it doesn't know the Graphics Card, and I checked 3 times :(

As for the site, I can't tell what the product series it belongs to =S

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Ah, that's OK, thanks anyway :)

Any more ideas on how I can get working? Please, I really need this thing installed :(

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Since I can't see you system details I can't tell you which patch to for.

On Nvidia page download Drivers.

You've got a GeForce Type. (The other GeForce (M/Go) type is for Laptops)

You've got a GeForce 5 FX Series card.

I can't say anything about operating system, or Language. Check your system properties if you have for 32 or 64 bits OS.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Well, I've got Windows XP Professional.

I'm Downloading a Driver, I hope it's the right one though. It should be, and thanks for the information you gave me :)

If the problem persists (which it probably would), I'll inform you guys.

EDIT:

I got this problem, when I started up the driver installation:

NVIDIASetupError.png

Which says: "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Again, it can't read it :(

Could it be the fact that maybe I've had more than one Graphics Card in the slot before? (Not all at once).

Just trying to dish out some ideas...

Ice Dingo

Have you tried uninstalling the old drivers before you install the new ones?

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
I'm pretty sure it's GeForce 5500, but I'd leave this to experts like you to make sure it is.
I scanned the box, here's how it looks like.

Video Card Box

The circled red shows that there's NVIDIA, plus the GeForce FX 5500.

And Ice Dingo, I have uninstalled them before, but thanks anyway.

DarkNido

Nido Trainer
Have you tried nvidia driver download search option 2, this will scan you pc for you graphics card and if found will give you the link to download the driver and what was your last graphics card?

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
When you went to the Device Manager and opened Display Adapters to add new hardware, did the computer recognize that there was a card in the slot? Or did it just say no new hardware found?

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
I tried both of your ideas, and still, nothing. My computer's getting reformatted now, maybe I'll have some luck after the reformat.
You guys think a good reformat will work?