• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Concerning Dawn and Brock's send-offs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I meant between the two of them. Just drop it I'm done.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I meant between the two of them. Just drop it I'm done.

And between the two of them nobody is going to care about a 1-2 episode difference, which is what it'll likely be.

Now if Dawn was in the show for like 20-50 episodes more than May, then I might see your point.

And the way it looks, May will probably be in more eps overall unless Dawn's BW cameo is more than 4 eps.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't see how Brock and Dawn's send-offs will be combined. Most likely not, or one of them will get episode or not at all.
I'll be satisfied if Brock will get one episode focused on him and that's it, Dawn got her screentime in DP.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
I prefer the first scenario. Because there are only three episodes to end the saga, I think there will not be enough room for two episodes for two people.

This is how I see it~

Ash defeats Paul, then loses to the legendary trainer. it's two episodes. We have two more chapters, in which Brock had to introduce a new dream and to leave, dawn have to decide where she goes, and thus ends the story with them.

And so on, the last D/P episode, where Ash will take the new clothes (and a new hat!^) and continue to Isshue region.

Kotone

So, you'll "get over" a character being in one more or less episode than another character?

If anyone took episode count seriously, Brock is a far more important character than any of the females and Misty had the biggest role on the show by episode count.

Of course both of those are false, as having a higher episode count =/= better screentime.

well brock IS more important than may and dawn combined and so is misty. I really hate the amount of "original pokemon" haters lately. If it weren't for their success your precious dawns and mays wouldn't appeared on the show. I think may and dawn owe their whole existance thanks to the success of the "original series" not the "fake series" they have been in.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I'm leaving this thread open for now, just because people will naturally want to discuss Brock and Dawn leaving. That is, regardless of whether or not either of them comes back.

However, can we please keep this to Brock and Dawn only? I do not wish this to turn into a discussion on Dawn vs. May, be it impact on the series or the number of episodes they were in. This goes for Misty too.

Brock probably won't even get 5 minutes - or, in the worst case scenario he'll just be lumped together with Dawn's goodbye at a crossroads.

This is how I see it~

Ash defeats Paul, then loses to the legendary trainer. it's two episodes. We have two more chapters, in which Brock had to introduce a new dream and to leave, dawn have to decide where she goes, and thus ends the story with them.

And so on, the last D/P episode, where Ash will take the new clothes (and a new hat!^) and continue to Isshue region.

I think ash will beat paul and lose to the darkrai trainer get new clothes and head to isshue in the las ones

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wasn't sure if this thread was serious when I first looked at it. It was full of the same Dawn whining, that's something I won't miss at all when she leaves so I'm looking forward to that. Like I already said Dawn is going to get the worst ending of any main character because of the rush to get DP done. Brock has had like two departure episode's already, I doubt it will top his one with Misty so whatever Brock.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
well brock IS more important than may and dawn combined and so is misty. I really hate the amount of "original pokemon" haters lately. If it weren't for their success your precious dawns and mays wouldn't appeared on the show. I think may and dawn owe their whole existance thanks to the success of the "original series" not the "fake series" they have been in.

Please tell me you're joking.

If any other character was in Kanto, say Lass and Bug Catcher boy instead of Misty/Brock, the show would be exactly the same.

The original trio also pretty much failed spectacularly over the course of the tedious Johto arc, so I don't see what you think either. If the original trio wasn't considered a failure as it was after the Johto arc, most likely the writers would have never abandoned that group, and Misty, for the rest of the series. Never in a million years would the original trio ever see the light of day again after that.

What kind of an idiot do you have to be to be to say that was actually, "good" when back in 2001/2002, Johto as an arc was despised with a passion, which is why the series was revamped/rebooted in the first place? I remember when AG was airing, you couldn't even joke about Misty returning to the series without being laughed off the fandom. Only a moron would think the Hoenn group would be done away with for the original trio. (Athough now with the DP trio and BW group, its same for these too)

Brock also probably shouldn't have lasted as long as he did, as his character only got more ignored/neglected as time went on.

Last edited:

Encyclopika

The Queen
Love how this went so off-topic from the get-go.

//CLOSED

Alfonso

Derpgull
I wish these forums were like 4chan, so I could easily post up a reaction image to represent my face everytime I see a thread be derailed by Misty.

Status
Not open for further replies.