• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

Red and Blue

Slightly annoyed that Ash forgot Poison doesn't affect steel types. Especially since James tried the same thing against Meltan all those episodes ago

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Slightly annoyed that Ash forgot Poison doesn't affect steel types. Especially since James tried the same thing against Meltan all those episodes ago
Did he? It seemed more like he was luring Lucario. I guess we'll have to wait for the subs

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Huh. What do you know. Kukui's Lucario jobbed. I guess that weird intro for it during Guzzlord's attack did show it wasn't as hot as Kukui's Venasaur or Braviary.

Really, the first half of this battle was weird and only stalled because Kukui kept using Incineroar to bring down some of Ash's Pokemon, but the second half is definitely the best part. Can't believe I'm saying this, but this battle is easily the best of the whole saga...ignoring the fact Ash kept getting new weapons out of nowhere for his final matches. Those bog down these battles to me.

Good job, Torracat. You actually did evolve...right before you'll be sacked to Oak, where you'll presumably won't ever come back unless the next saga does reuse you.

Rohanator

More likely that he forgot that Lucario is a Steel type which is more understandable given its looks and moves it tends to use don't really scream steel. Even then it was played off in a realistic way where Ash was like "Oh right, damn" and moved on rather than a big deal being made out of it. It seemed like an error a real player might make in the heat of a moment.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It was a good episode but I'm disappointed Torracat evolved. I've never been a fan of Incineroar's design and its overuse in media. I dislike when quadruped Pokémon change into a bipedal design when it doesn't fit the design of the previous ones. Vice versa as well, Samurott being an example.

The battle was great, I love the use of dual Inferno Overdrives and both Pokémon jumping into the flanes while the Ash-Greninja theme played.

I still consider Lycanroc being Ash's ace for this region due to the fact that it accomplished so much more during its run. Torracat only really had this single rivalry and while it was important, Torracat lacked in other areas.

I did finally get something I really wanted though. A Lucario appeared and its wasn't the writer's pet. We had enough of that species after Riley, Maylene, Cameron, Korrina, and the movie one.

Naganadel did fairly well against a Pokémon with a type advantage against it. We already saw Meltan tank Mareani's Sludge Bomb so idk why we needed the same scenario with Lucario. Why was that move X-Scissor when it could have easily been Fell Stinger? It mist have been so weird for Pikachu to hear Ash command a Thunderbolt when it wasn't him using it.

At least the series is basically over, we won't really get to see Incineroar in action. Unlike May's Blaziken, this one's not a pity.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Kudos to them keeping Torracat's evolution a secret, especially since they outright spoiled Ash becoming champion.

Crazy how Ash's Incineroar was his first party member leaked in the concept art before SM and we finally got it like 3 episodes before the finale.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
One more thing, that final command for Revenge, the voice acting, then the rush into the fire was just absolutely sick! Pokemon fighting within fire, wish Kaki had more of a reaction to the whole affair but I can settle for Garagara being so invested in the fight next to the rest of the classmates.
Yeah, I think they just wanted to show off Agoyon’s full moveset as well. It is a Poison-type so maybe they just wanted to assert that given its blatant purple color scheme and venomous lore.

Soniman

Break the Limit
That was the first time in a long time a evolution wasn't extremely telegraphed (Greninja) and ALSO not a ass pull (take your pick from BW) I frigging LOVED it, I love Incineroar so I'm glad Ash finally has one. Even if it doesn't matter much anymore since it's the end. Fainting while standing up is legit.

But my god that battle, that BATTLE was incredible. Was on the edge of my seat the entire tine, such a fiery intense clash and Torracat worked so hard for it. XYZ being used was hype, idc what anyone says that song will never lose its charm to me. I don't really have much to say other then it being exciting and i audible cheered at points lol. 10/10

Nagamdel was good too! I liked the fight with it and Lucario, Sludge Bomb foible aside. Once again that x sisscor/dragon pulse combo took me for a loop as I didn't know it could do that but I love it.

Just..MAN what a episode, cannot praise it highly enough

NPT

Just a member
SM's been on a roll with these back-to-back action-packed episodes as of late... and this episode was no exception. Not only Ash's Torracat finally defeated Kukui's Incinaroar, he also evolved into one after doing so!

Now I'm really looking forward to Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko. Hope it'll be as satisfying as this episode and SM139.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Rewatching now, torracat and incineroar went full "burning armor" when powering up with flames (heck, torracat even goes SSJ2 adding more fire). Heh, points for Oak and Delia recognizing Ash gets a lot of highly competitive pokemon.