• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

CupidKirby

tbf this is the weakest lucario of the bunch, the others were the ace of their respective team, thought it was still impressive

Just the fact that it was a Lucario gives it 10 times more plot armour than any other Pokemon in the anime except maybe Pikachu.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Here is a helpful illustration of our expectations for the first half of this episode.

What we feared:
DP67.jpg

What actually happened:
DP102.jpg
DP107.jpg

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Hot damn.

I...this battle was everything I have ever wanted from SM. Every flaw in this show can temporarily be pardoned just because this episode was so astronomically good. Aya Matsui, Tomioka, and Iwane collaborating to make this masterpiece was such a final love letter to Alola; just amazing to watch.

I had to make sure my headphones were working properly when XYZ came on. I genuinely really could not believe they’d ever use the song again, and they did! Call it overrated all you want (something I can’t deny), but any scene gets x50 more intense whenever it plays. It’s a specifically-built vessel meant to monger hype, and I fall victim to it every single time.

But the thing that just gets me the most is when Torracat evolves. I just love Incineroar, its design, its concept, even the personality given to it via Dex entries and its anime portrayal, and I’ve always liked to see how it’s become a popular Pokémon in the community. Having Torracat defeat Incineroar on its own merits and not from an evo power boost was so, so important; it showed that in that very moment, the fruits of Torracat’s training had come full circle, allowing it to overcome its greatest (and only) rival. It evolving was an extra little bonus, but such a welcome one.

Easy 10/10. Probably one of my favorite battles in the whole series (the jury is still out until it ends), but next week looks insane. Funny to think SM was saving its hype potential until the end of the series, but here we are.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It's too bad Ash's Incineroar get so exhausted he couldn't keep fighting right after evolving, but I hope we can see him in action before the season ends. With this evolution, a whole new set of moves would be in order. My guesses:

+ Fire Blast
+ Darkest Lariat to replace Flame Charge (he learns this move after evolving)
+ Cross Chop to replace Revenge.
+ Flamethrower to replace Fire Fang.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It's the theme of Super Secret Training from Pokemon X & Y. I actually didn't recognize it myself until a few listens, but it's a really underrated theme, in my opinion.

Here's the original:
Thank you very much! It’s very underrated theme indeed: I spent countless hours in XY grinding with this theme blasting

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Just imagine if the battle was Kukui vs Gladion like some people said it would happen
Fortunately Ash won

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So the supposed Pelipper was officially confirmed anywhere?

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
It's too bad Ash's Incineroar get so exhausted he couldn't keep fighting right after evolving, but I hope we can see him in action before the season ends. With this evolution, a whole new set of moves would be in order. My guesses:

+ Fire Blast
+ Darkest Lariat to replace Flame Charge (he learns this move after evolving)
+ Cross Chop to replace Revenge.
+ Flamethrower to replace Fire Fang.

I don't necessarily think it'd keep fire blast and get flamethrower. My ideal moveset would be:

-Fire Blast
-Revenge
-Darkest Lariat replaces fire fang
-Then it'd either keep flame charge (I'd like to see it use the move to stay speedy) but if they want an updated move either Flare Blitz or maybe Outrage inspired by Gladion.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I just think of something that was Incineroar vs Incineroar battle and it was a tie. Torracat wanted to beat Incineroar as Torracat because of pride, but inside of him he had Incineroar level of strength because he held inside evolution during its fight. I'd say beating Venusaur triggered evolution and he hold it in.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
When was the last time we had an evolution after a battle being won (a'la the games)? It makes sense thematically for Ash's Incineroar's arc and the symbolism that it's the new "top cat." I'm glad it got it's rivalry settled as a Torracat but wish it could have stayed on to take one attack from Tapu Koko to show that it was spent. Even though it defeated Incineroar the battle is technically a draw...

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
It's the theme of Super Secret Training from Pokemon X & Y. I actually didn't recognise it myself until a few listens, but it's a really underrated theme, in my opinion.

Here's the original:
Huh, so that's what it was. I have no idea why a part of my mind thought it was similar to something from Smash Brawl.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Ash now has three adult mammalian Pokemon - Pikachu (mouse), Incineroar (tiger), and Lycanroc (wolf).

One thing that puzzles me is that Pokemon clearly based on carnivorous animals are never seen eating meat-like food in the anime, when it is clearly what they should be eating.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I just think of something that was Incineroar vs Incineroar battle and it was a tie. Torracat wanted to beat Incineroar as Torracat because of pride, but inside of him he had Incineroar level of strength because he held inside evolution during its fight. I'd say beating Venusaur triggered evolution and he hold it in.
Nope, he was just using the residual power from Blast Burn to go Super Saiyan God

Then went even further beyond when Incineroar copied him

Pity he turned orange instead of blue though, because that just means he got weaker

Also loved the sheer disrespect from Kukui by not using Incineroar's stronger Z-Move against Ash, but hey, gotta have that symmetry instead