• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I’m mostly mad about it because of how late into the series it is for a evolution and the moveset torracat has doesn’t really seem fit for a incineroar and if Torracat didn’t evolve he could still battle Tapu Koko

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Torracat evolving so late is just a reminder that he simply didn't do much battling after the Grass trial besides jobbing against Incineroar a few times.

Which...still is a waste due to how the anime operates regarding reserves being forgotten after a saga ends.

Can we have Charizard arm wrestle Infernape? Nope. You'll see Pikachu cuddling a Togedemaru and LIKE IT.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
There really weren’t a lot of battles in this series now that I think about it.Though at least a lot of them were good
If you're also counting the battle fatigue at the league, it's a nope to me. And even the good ones look good because of sudden outside interference adding to the mix.

To me, it's a strange balance of bad battles and good battles with poor premises.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I felt like the whining of the series was really slow and wasn’t a big fan of it.But when season 2 came it started to get good

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I felt like the whining of the series was really slow and wasn’t a big fan of it.
Blame the fact there really isn't much to see across 100 episodes and this is coming from the action-packed saga XY is supposed to be. Even getting through this league is a real slog, too.

If someone were to ask me to see this saga, I'd simply tell them " just see the last two battles and forget about everything else" to avoid losing 40 hours of their lives. This saga is that expendable.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don't necessarily think it'd keep fire blast and get flamethrower. My ideal moveset would be:

-Fire Blast
-Revenge
-Darkest Lariat replaces fire fang
-Then it'd either keep flame charge (I'd like to see it use the move to stay speedy) but if they want an updated move either Flare Blitz or maybe Outrage inspired by Gladion.

I always pick up moves that balance Precision and Power; so I find Flamethrower as a better move than Fire Blast.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
lol I remeber when I was 10 and actually though Pikachu was gonna evolve.Always though it would be cool if halfway through a battle someone just throws a thunder stone to there Pikachu.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I rewatched SM63 and realized that the Title Defense theme was playing and just like Torracat-> Incineroar, Torracat soon fainted after evolving (albeit in different ways). Wonder if that’s intentional?

Also disappointed Ash didn’t say “Look at my Dark Type Nanu”

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's funny how Ash's strongest regional pokemon in the last 3 gens were dark types

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This was actually a good part of the battle, unlike how it felt weird in the previous part. Nagadel had a good battle against Lucario. Though, I'm not sure what to think about that "double move" part. If that's possible, how is it that no one else does it? It's almost right up there with countering Counter with Counter.

Poor Kukui's Lucario. A jobber(!) who couldn't even use a fourth move. I guess that's why it's known as the angriest Lucario unable to smile.

The conclusion between the cats was much better than before, since it didn't have all that "Incineroar standing around for a long while watching Torracat literally run circles" and "Kukui: My cat has 360 vision!" talk nonsense. They both were actually moving around a lot and talking interruptions were minimal. I only wished Incineroar could have used his own Z-Move to see if it would get overpowered by Inferno Overdrive.

Let us all be thankful fire explosion physics did not burn the audience.

...Though it was sort of weird how Ash's new Incineroar looked knocked out despite winning, but Kukui's got up after being declared the loser. Like...weird. I'm not sure how that works.

However, there is some inconsistency in this battle I couldn't help but notice. Before, Incineroar had used Bulk Up to fend off an attack, but his body didn't bulk up. Here, it clearly does and stays like that (until it goes down). Why didn't his body bulk up before, then? I see no real reason why it didn't look like it.

Kukui: Alright! I got a TAPU KOKO!
Hala: 's fine. I have like over a dozen reasons to use Tapu Koko myself over your lack of any reason, but, ignore me. I'll go sulk in a corner.

Poor Kukui's Magikarp. No one felt any sympathy for it...but seriously, what the hell kind of Pokemon was the last one that didn't warrant him using first before Incineroar? I MUST KNOW.

Again, the English dub music mars what's otherwise a good battle.

Last edited: