1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I don't think i'll get why, but no your not alone on that.

2. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Lost my profile picture when Ash beat Kukui

I’m mostly mad about it because of how late into the series it is for a evolution and the moveset torracat has doesn’t really seem fit for a incineroar and if Torracat didn’t evolve he could still battle Tapu Koko

_AISP and mehmeh1 like this.
  3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Torracat evolving so late is just a reminder that he simply didn't do much battling after the Grass trial besides jobbing against Incineroar a few times.

Which...still is a waste due to how the anime operates regarding reserves being forgotten after a saga ends.

Can we have Charizard arm wrestle Infernape? Nope. You'll see Pikachu cuddling a Togedemaru and LIKE IT.

Ignition likes this.
  4. Emboar_Rulez

There really weren’t a lot of battles in this series now that I think about it.Though at least a lot of them were good

mehmeh1 likes this.
  5. AuraChannelerChris

If you're also counting the battle fatigue at the league, it's a nope to me. And even the good ones look good because of sudden outside interference adding to the mix.

To me, it's a strange balance of bad battles and good battles with poor premises.

6. Emboar_Rulez

I felt like the whining of the series was really slow and wasn’t a big fan of it.But when season 2 came it started to get good

7. AuraChannelerChris

Blame the fact there really isn't much to see across 100 episodes and this is coming from the action-packed saga XY is supposed to be. Even getting through this league is a real slog, too.

If someone were to ask me to see this saga, I'd simply tell them " just see the last two battles and forget about everything else" to avoid losing 40 hours of their lives. This saga is that expendable.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

The last time I cried during a Pokemon episode was the episode "The Semi Final Frontier" It was an emotional experience, and now one of my favorite episodes!

I cried during this one, too! We'll see if Pika vs. Tapu will do the same thing!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  9. AuraChannelerChris

We need context as to what you cried at in the episode.

RedR and mehmeh1 like this.
  10. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I always pick up moves that balance Precision and Power; so I find Flamethrower as a better move than Fire Blast.

11. Emboar_Rulez

lol I remeber when I was 10 and actually though Pikachu was gonna evolve.Always though it would be cool if halfway through a battle someone just throws a thunder stone to there Pikachu.

RedR likes this.
  12. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I rewatched SM63 and realized that the Title Defense theme was playing and just like Torracat-> Incineroar, Torracat soon fainted after evolving (albeit in different ways). Wonder if that’s intentional?

Also disappointed Ash didn’t say “Look at my Dark Type Nanu”

13. AuraChannelerChris

Nanu: Typical. Your Dark-type fainted after evolving.

Ignition, Dragalge and mehmeh1 like this.
  14. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

It's funny how Ash's strongest regional pokemon in the last 3 gens were dark types

15. AuraChannelerChris

Krookodile was sadly left in a position where Ash didn't consider it a real ace, though. Scraggy could have been one, but it was left as a baby.

Greninja never did use Night Slash, right?

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Countey

Nope. It stuck with Cut throughout the series.

17. AuraChannelerChris

18. Bortgreen

Bortgreen The incredible world of PokéMon!

Just imagine if Nanu doesn't think Incineroar is fainted to compensate the Rowlet fakeout

19. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

Tears of joy! The stoyboarding, animation, and music choices were perfect! Amazing episode!