• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

p96822

Evolve me please
I would say torracat was the best pokemon out of all the alola group, it was just underused throughout the series in fvour of rowlet and lycanhog. Its evolution is not bad writing but giving three evolutions within 10 episodes is poor writing.

Really Torracat didn’t do anything. That’s why I think it doesn’t deserves to evolve. Ash’s Talonflame did more then Incineroar. It’s kind of like Ash’s Swellow and Charizard that they evolve because of the story and not because of hard work.

Why did it take 140(ish) episodes for SM to deliver in the battle department? That's why this series ain't good overall. Literally the only other half decent battle is the AshvMisty and Kiawe vs Brock in SM43.... all the grand trials were trash with hideous animation and writing.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
This battle is truly epic, not only Ash is showing he’s a true champion, he even managed to beat Incineroar BEFORE evolving Torracat, nyabby-chan deserved it so much.
The Alola saga makes me so emotional. And next week’s episode is looking almost better which is insane.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This battle was next-level:

Torracat beats its long-time rival Incineroar,
Evolves into Incineroar,
Faints on feet.

It was the perfect time for Torracat to evolve and it happened. The battle was Infernape-Electivire tier, props to the animators.
So, essentially, Torracat went down the way I thought Tapu Koko might against Pikachu. Seems Pikachu might be able to pull off a straight win.

Yeah, it's very apparent that the anime staff considered this, not Satoshi VS Gladio, to be the true climax of the Alola League.
Well, yeah, they even made ti the main draw in-universe, so they put their entire budget for the season into this.

Anyway, very excited for Guardian of Alola next week. Hoping Ash's Electrium-Z permanently gets upgraded.

Last edited:

Fairplay

Definitely the best fight in the Sun and Moon series. I was at the edge of my seat. So good...
The moment in which Torracat evolved to Incineroar was really satisfying to watch. Especially how he fainted while still standing strong. In this scene, am I the only one who thought of Whitebeard's death from One Piece? It honestly brought the same feels. Awesome.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Loved every second of this episode (though this has to be the weirdest evolution of the series, at least among Ash's mons). Also, poor Kukui's 6th,he got flat out disrespected by Koko, lol

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
This battle was next-level:

Torracat beats its long-time rival Incineroar,
Evolves into Incineroar,
Faints on feet.

It was the perfect time for Torracat to evolve and it happened. The battle was Infernape-Electivire tier, props to the animators.

Diamond & Pearl Episode #188 and Sun & Moon Episode #143 were both entirely key animated by Iwane Masa'aki, so it makes perfect sense that you would compare the two. Hell, they had the same storyboard artist and episode director (Asada Yuuji) and writer, Tomioka Atsuhiro, too.

Decidueye23

We can actually call incineroar as one of legit tier 1 with GPICSS, this guy has legit feats both as torracat and now even more powerfull than before even if he was underused in favour of rowlet and lycannroc.
Can you mention the full form of the acronym please. i am sure one S is sceptile. just confused about the other S.

Also holy hell, that episode was amazing. I like how torracat beat its rival, then evolved, thus surpassing it on all terms. it was an amazing episode and loved that they used the XYZ music, all the more hype.

Finally kukui, atleast pickup the pokeball lol. Next ep looks amazing. cant wait. this anime hasnt had me this excited since its beginning(SM series i mean). A great battle for the conclusion.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Can you mention the full form of the acronym please. i am sure one S is sceptile. just confused about the other S.

Also holy hell, that episode was amazing. I like how torracat beat its rival, then evolved, thus surpassing it on all terms. it was an amazing episode and loved that they used the XYZ music, all the more hype.

Finally kukui, atleast pickup the pokeball lol. Next ep looks amazing. cant wait. this anime hasnt had me this excited since its beginning(SM series i mean). A great battle for the conclusion.

GPICSS stands for greninja, pikachu,infernape, charizard, sceptile and snorlax pretty much 4 aces from 4 main regions as well as fully evolved starters plus pikachu his starter and snorlax his only defensive powerhouse (rest all were underwhelming). Now incineroar joins that group with it being a alolan region's ace as well as it is a starter.It will be now a GPIICS.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This episode was amazing. This really gave me Electivire vs Infernape vibes with how intense and symbolic the battle was. The Inferno Overdrive clash looked incredible. I was about to accept Ash not getting Incineroar after the clash like most people here but I lost it when Torracat started glowing blue (was kinda hoping it would have it evolve in fire like its evolution into Torracat but I’m pleased with this). I took the roar to the sky as Incineroar (god now I have to get used to Torracat not being a thing) as him showing Stoutland how far he’s come. And fainting soon after was an intense moment. Incineroar has defied the odds for the 3rd time: starter leaks, then Smash, now this.
Incineroar to Incineroar: “You’ve became the very thing you swore to destroy.”
10/10

Koko just disrespected Kukui’s 6th lol & good job to Nagandel.

Isn’t it funny how Ash will leave Alola with most of his captures fully evolving despite the limited amount of battles?

Red and Blue

Good Nagandel won. Bringing it back was justified it didn't share Goodra's fate.

Also like the symbolism of Torracat evolving after beating Incineroar

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Seriously that climax with the two Dynamic Full Flame clashing like that then Blast Nyaheat jumping in and confronting Gaogaen with its SE Revenge to clinch the win. Excellent usage of the Satoshi-Gekkouga theme, it actually fit very well in that instance so I guess it’s Type: Wild for the finish against Kapuko-keko next weekly surely enough.

It’s so satisfying that narratively it all came full circle, usage of Revenge, temporary power via Nyaheat’s natural biology and speed to beat Gaogaen , the Fire-Z from Satoshi’s timeless encounter with Kid!Kukui, their fated battle and team up before at the Battle Royal then the pure excitement of Satoshi’s voice once they overcame that wall since from when Gaogaen was a little kitten early in the series.

SOUL the battle.

It can’t be understated how it felt good the evolution came after the battle and wasn’t used as a “save” to overcome Gaogaen but Nyaheat won as he was under his own power, authority and agency. The writers did a phenomenal job giving each of Satoshi’s Pokemon a good little arc. intermixed in with personality and proper characterization. They have their own thoughts, feelings and motivations for why they exist, where they are, and how they bonded with their trainer.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Congrats you fiends, Torracat evolved and I’m not happy about it. It deserved the evolution but it didn’t have to evolve in the first place. Goodbye big kitty, you were fine as you are but the fans wanted you to become a wrestler kitty... but you still proved them wrong.

Amazing battle, I loved that Agoyon battles and won against Lucario, and now it’s going to battle Tapu Koko. Very nice episode!!

Last edited: