• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

Soniman

Break the Limit
Rewatching now, torracat and incineroar went full "burning armor" when powering up with flames (heck, torracat even goes SSJ2 adding more fire). Heh, points for Oak and Delia recognizing Ash gets a lot of highly competitive pokemon.
Would've been nice if they MENTIONED SOME OTL

Incidentally I actually think Incineroar has a good chance of showing up in PM due to potentially getting not a lot of spotlight in this series since it's almost over lol

Sham

The Guardian of War
One of the best battles the series has had hands down. I was so hype when the XYZ theme came on during their Z-moves

Red and Blue

Would've been nice if they MENTIONED SOME OTL

Incidentally I actually think Incineroar has a good chance of showing up in PM due to potentially getting not a lot of spotlight in this series since it's almost over lol
Especially given the setting of the new series is primarily in Kanto not too far from Oak's lab

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm annoyed at the Sludge bomb fumble, but oh well, at least it was minor

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
THIS EPISODE was incredible. Also it's so nice and loving to see everyone shower so much positivity (except for some always negative bitter people like that Hawlucha guy lol ) , heck even some people who always hate the series are like eh once in a while good episode this episode deserves it it was excellent! Definitely this kukui battle is in my top 5 now. So epic.

PokeFreak1200

It was a good episode overall. Thankfully Torrecat evolved after the battle instead of during. I feel that would've taken some of it's credit if it did occur since evolved Pokemon mid battle have a pretty high win rate. Although with Incineroar being knocked out after evolution maybe it confirms Pokemon don't heal after evolution. Also it was nice hearing the Ash-Greninja theme again. Whether you hate or love the XY series you gotta admit the theme is always hype.

On a side note Tapu Koko slapping Kukui's pokeball was pretty funny with how forceful it was. Like was that necessary.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
When he recalled Nagandel?

yeah I was wondering what he said at that moment.

pikahu took down a mega lucario in XY

not alone it didn't, Fletchlinder got in a good hit with flame charge before going down.

if Naganadel does any damage to Tapu-Koko next week, then Pikachu can't claim the victory for itself if it wins upon entry no matter how epic the fight between them gets.

Look back at the sinnoh league where Pikachu tied with Latios, it had every claim to that tie because Sceptile and Swellow did nothing to Latios at all, if Nagandel hurts Tapu-Koko at all, then Pikachu will not have truly beaten it alone should it win.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
>Naganadel uses X-Scissor with its stinger
>Me: Not really an X is it? Pretty sure you have arms for that
-
>Ash: Use Sludge Bomb (before realising error)
>Me: *facepalms* Have you learned nothing from DP?

I will say, loading Serebii's homepage earlier was a mistake.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Incineroar happening and Naganadel getting a win were the only good things about this turkey of a battle.
Tapu Koko cucking Kukui's sixth is just forced and unneccessary. *cough* Gary Stu

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Time for a big review! You know, something that I feel lazy doing usually.

Naganadel managing to get a win was great! I'm so glad that it did not job despite its evolution being badly written! I'm not a Lucario hater anymore (because trust me if this was five years ago, I'd be suuuuuper happy about Lucario losing like this =p) so I won't say anything on how cathartic is that a vanilla Lucario lost to a non-Pikachu Pokemon after all this time. Yeah the Sludge Bomb thing was a bit silly but at least Ash didn't take focus off the battle unlike he did with Charizard using Seismic Toss on Brandon's Dusclops so I can let that slide! That and it didn't cost Ash anything too! Heck a small part of me thought it might have been intentional to catch Kukui off guard to land a Thunderbolt on Lucario but that's silly! Plus Ash recalled Naganadel too which surprised me as well since I was sure that it'd lose to Incineroar. Good thinking!

Now onto Torracat vs Incineroar...YES! That, I say, THAT is a great match! So fiery! So smoking! So

- 50 descriptions of how the battle was using adjectives related to fire later -

So...incinerating! Yes that's the word! You got two rivals with Torracat always being behind up until this point! The final clash with the two Inferno Overdrives, Blaze-activated cats, and their clashing moves was just so awesomely animated! And guess what? Torracat managed to win AND evolved after! I'm so glad that they did not spoil this in Oha Suta and anywhere else! Maybe we won't get to see it battle for the rest of the series but Incineroar now has surpassed his rival and the payoff was a well-earned evolution!

As for Tapu Koko, well you can't just slap away that Pokeball but you're a god so no one can disrespect you. Still, I feel bad for Kukui's 6th Pokemon.

*Insert Chrom saying "I suppose I'll get my chance another day" gif*

10/13! Wait that's today's date in my timezone. I meant 10/10! YES 10/10!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
to evolve on such an intense level even if he fainted, was awesome and well earned

seriously the more intensity that goes into an evolution, the better the payoff when it does.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I defo feel sorry for whatever Kukui's 6th Pokémon was going to be, getting disrespected by Tapu Koko like that.

That last option in the PokéProblem though: "it never ends"

I'm so happy Naganadel got a win against Lucario and showed off its entire moveset. Can't wait to see it battle Tapu Koko for a bit before Pikachu takes over. I did not expect Torracat evolving but it was really cool when it did. That battle between it and Kukui's Incineroar really felt epic and it was nicely well done. This battle is really shaping up to be one of my favorite full battles. I felt like for once, all of Ash's team contributed. Even Lycanroc who was the fall guy was at least acknowledged for doing something to Braviary before going down. Most fall guys usually lose without doing something worth noting I feel like.