• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! (1086)

TheNewGuy

That Incineroar fight was intense. The minute they started circling each other I knew it'd be good stuff and yeah, they nailed it. Fantastic one-on-one.

First ever 4-episode battle!

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Time for a big review! You know, something that I feel lazy doing usually.

Naganadel managing to get a win was great! I'm so glad that it did not job despite its evolution being badly written! I'm not a Lucario hater anymore (because trust me if this was five years ago, I'd be suuuuuper happy about Lucario losing like this =p) so I won't say anything on how cathartic is that a vanilla Lucario lost to a non-Pikachu Pokemon after all this time. Yeah the Sludge Bomb thing was a bit silly but at least Ash didn't take focus off the battle unlike he did with Charizard using Seismic Toss on Brandon's Dusclops so I can let that slide! That and it didn't cost Ash anything too! Heck a small part of me thought it might have been intentional to catch Kukui off guard to land a Thunderbolt on Lucario but that's silly!
It sures help lucario used close combat three times, what sure dropped his defense so hard. Of course, assuming it have the same effects on the anime. Naganadel pulling a dual dragon pulse from its butt (literally) didn't hurt. I mean, on it, lucario sure have it painfully.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Sounds like a good battle. Good to see SM still getting one of those "hype" battles after SM being rather lackluster when it comes to battles. Going to watch it when I am returning from vacation.

Don't care for Incineroar though. I feel Torracat evolving this late was rather pointless.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Absolutely EPIC BATTLE. And Blaze is back in all its glory. It's interesting how they always use it in the late part of the sagas(AG, DP and SM). And this time it was portrayed with a Thunder Armor-like design. Amazing.
The soundtrack was on point too, with the highest point being XYZ and the lowest the Nth usage of the Regi battle theme.

And the best thing...
There is even more to come.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
yeah I was wondering what he said at that moment.

not alone it didn't, Fletchlinder got in a good hit with flame charge before going down.

if Naganadel does any damage to Tapu-Koko next week, then Pikachu can't claim the victory for itself if it wins upon entry no matter how epic the fight between them gets.

Look back at the sinnoh league where Pikachu tied with Latios, it had every claim to that tie because Sceptile and Swellow did nothing to Latios at all, if Nagandel hurts Tapu-Koko at all, then Pikachu will not have truly beaten it alone should it win.
Pikachu has already been used in this battle, so if Koko gets hit by Naganadel one or two times, it's not going to take away Pikachu's credit. Koko will probably just shrug off Naganadel's attacks with its mask anyway.

Swellow did nothing. I believe Sceptile got a Leaf Blade or two in.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu has already been used in this battle, so if Koko gets hit by Naganadel one or two times, it's not going to take away Pikachu's credit. Koko will probably just shrug off Naganadel's attacks with its mask anyway.

Considering the build up between the two, I really feel they should've done this after the league instead of during it, that way it would be just them with no outside influences, because right now regardless of who wins, it could detract points off the winner.

Pikachu got damaged abit last week so if Tapu-Koko wins, Pikachu has an out for losing because it was damaged beforehand.

Now it's true that Nagandel might not do any damage, in which case Pikachu would have total claim to the win, but if any damage is inflicted then this is not just Pikachu's victory, which is kind of sad since it should be given all the build up between the two, but i'll take what we've got, after all sometimes it just takes more than one to drop a pokemon.

Swellow did nothing. I believe Sceptile got a Leaf Blade or two in.

it tried but got a Giga Impact for it's effort, it did no damage to Latios at all.

I had no idea this discussion would go this far or I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Look I just find it interesting when the longer the anime goes, we see pokemon who when first used in battles, took multiple pokemon to go down (like Lucario and Dragonite) but get beaten in later gens with less pokemon having to be involved.

Can we drop it now?

Cradily17

What an amazing battle. I don't like Incineroar, but it was still exciting to see Ash's Torracat evolve since it wasn't totally expected. Now I think it's safe to say that SM Ash possibly has the strongest team out of all his incarnations so far. I wish we could have seen what Kukui's final Pokemon was before Tapu Koko knocked it to the side.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Now it's true that Nagandel might not do any damage, in which case Pikachu would have total claim to the win, but if any damage is inflicted then this is not just Pikachu's victory, which is kind of sad since it should be given all the build up between the two, but i'll take what we've got, after all sometimes it just takes more than one to drop a pokemon.
Incineroar was damaged by other pokémon too and the build up vs Torracat was still delivered

CupidKirby

I'm really happy to see the Lucario curse lifted. Ash took it out without letting it get a single or several wins. Just for that alone, I give this 10/10.

Of course Tapu Koko had to come at the end when Ash still had an Ultra Beast and his strongest Pokemon left. I hope Pikachu can still secure the win or at least a tie.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What was the music playing when Nagandel and Lucario were battling?

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Holy crap, when Torracat started to evolve, my jaw hit the floor. First the first time ever, I think Pokemon has completely surprised me with an evolution. I absolutely despise the S&M anime, that's no secret, but it will always go down as the series that made me just as surprised and excited as the main characters for an evolution. Too bad we'll only have Incineroar for a few more episodes, but the delivery was fan-freaking-tastic.