• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conficker.c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
Has anyone had problems with Conficker.c, a potentially dangerous computer worm, yet. It was coded to become active today. This worm can control your computer, pretty much putting your computer at the mercy of its master.

I haven't had any problems yet, but it may be too early to tell.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
I haven't seen anything happen with it yet.
People are saying they'll launch it when everything is cooled down a bit.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I don't think it's real, seeing how it is April Fools and all, and I've never heard of it before.

I don't think it's real, seeing how it is April Fools and all, and I've never heard of it before.

Do you really think that a very real and dangerous Worm would be an April Fools hoax? And just because you've never heard of it before doesn't mean it isn't real.

It is real. It attacked 10 million computers last year.

Three million, actually.

It was found earlier today to be a hoax.

Can you please provide a source for this information?

Anyway, this virus supposedly is not a very large threat to the general public, mainly aiming for Government and Military Computers. However, there was a patch released for the virus, and Microsoft seems to be urging everyone to install it and accept any Updates their computer may recieve.

Alright, I found a page probably a lot of people have already seen, but I'm posting it anyway. It's from MSNBC, and it explains a bit more about the Worm: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29956746/

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Yeah I think it's an April Fool's Day joke too, but seeing though there's a whole article about it, that's sort of worrysome.

The Conficker is a very dangerous Worm if it manages to get inside your computer. I doubt that this was just some 'April Fools Hoax' as many seem to think. And there's more than just one Article. Just type Conficker into Google, and you get several News results.

muumajii23

I once thought this was a fake... then I saw the articles, freaked out, went to Microsoft's website for the patch, and nearly died.

The frickin' patch is only for XP.

Anyone know where I can get one for Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.