• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowedrival

I read it somewhere. I'm not sure when but since I'm really interested
in the idea, it has since been stuck in head. I believe it was in serebii.net
that I read it.

Well once i see it for my self I will believe it.
I like the whole planter for you berries. I never liked having to go back to get the ones I had previously planted.

I doubt the Pokemon has fainted in both situations. That's too big of a stretch. The people who post these scans...I REALLY doubt they're playing through the actual game.

LOL. We just missed it on the last page:
You can see it happen in one of PokeTerra's videos of the demo. His Totodile faints while battling a Stantler, and when the battle is over, Pikachu is suddenly following him instead of Totodile.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I read it somewhere. I'm not sure when but since I'm really interested
in the idea, it has since been stuck in head. I believe it was in serebii.net
that I read it.

There was a video of the demo where the starter fainted and Pikachu took over as follower, so you're right :)

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Holy hell, just wandered on over to the official site for the games, and it's almost completely filled out now. They put a LOT of new stuff on there, if you didn't know (which I'm assuming you did, but it did just come on there within the last 24 hours). It's nothing new or anything; just stuff about the Battle Frontier, Hoenn legendaries, Safari Zone, Apricorns... basically everything everyone's been talking about, except Mewtwo and Team Rocket.

Gridiron

I doubt Platinum's Battle Frontier is just a place holder. Like someone else said, why would they even show it when they could just say "coming soon", or just reveal it much later. I think it will just have the same buildings and basic layout. Think of it like an amusement park franchise. They all have the same rides, yet they're not exactly the same. I'm sure we'll have new Frontier Brains since Hg/Ss is supposed to happen around the same time as D/P/Pt. Heck, the interior of the different facilities could even be different from Platinum.

I noticed this before, but kept forgetting to ask. It looks as though you can have more than one Berry Planter. How do you get them, and how many can you have?

I already commented on the other things, so...

R_N

Ah, nice to see clear screens of stuff.

& even if it is the same BF as Platinum, and not a placeholder, it makes some sense. Someone who bought DP might not be inclined to buy Pt (even if it did have many differences). By putting in the Plat frontier, they give people who didn't buy it a chance to give it a go.
And this way they also can facilitate Pt & HGSS communications by taking advantage of teaming up with someone over Wi-Fi and going through the facilities.

Skirgedot

Ah, nice to see clear screens of stuff.

& even if it is the same BF as Platinum, and not a placeholder, it makes some sense. Someone who bought DP might not be inclined to buy Pt (even if it did have many differences). By putting in the Plat frontier, they give people who didn't buy it a chance to give it a go.
And this way they also can facilitate Pt & HGSS communications by taking advantage of teaming up with someone over Wi-Fi and going through the facilities.

The sense ruins some things in Pokémon. We want a fun game, not a senseful game. And having the same BF as Platinum is no fun at all.

I doubt Platinum's Battle Frontier is just a place holder. (...)

If so, please lend me a hand here:

img_intro_other02_04.jpg

Where is the sand shown in this SS?
img_intro_other02_01.jpg

Where does this SS happen?
img_intro_other02_02.jpg

And where would these three Tutors be in Plat Frontier?
img_intro_other02_03.jpg

R_N

The sense ruins some things in Pokémon. We want a fun game, not a senseful game. And having the same BF as Platinum is no fun at all.

It's fun for everyone else who didn't play it?
There's lot's of others things in the game to have fun with?

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Does anyone know what is in kanto. Like a kanto map showing how it will be in HGSS. I would love to see everything upgraded. The gyms need to be upgraded like The johto ones.

R_N

img_intro_device04_07.jpg

img_intro_inst01_01.jpg

Where do these pictures take place in the game?

Let' see, I believe the latter is the entrance to the path to the Safari Zone

The former seems to be the Berry Planter? No clue where that is but... maybe Safari Zone?

Oh snap that Meowth is on all fours : O

The Red

Yeah, and these is too :b

img_intro_other02_04.jpg

The entrance in that image matches the entrance to the Battle Frontier in Platinum. This is the entrance to the Battle Frontier in HG/SS, and it clearly doesn't match the one in the above image:
img_intro_other02_01.jpg

This image probably isn't in the BF since south of Olivine is nothing but sand and water:
img_intro_other02_02.jpg

As for this image:
img_intro_other02_03.jpg

When has one ever had the option to spend his/her battle points outside of the Battle Frontier?

R_N

This image probably isn't in the BF since south of Olivine is nothing but sand and water:
img_intro_other02_02.jpg
You can see a bit of sand at the very south end of the picture.
Also it would be to the west of Olivine, not south.

DSDark

Breeder
img_intro_other02_02.jpg

also they can make the inside of the Frontier look like whatever they want, as i we haven't gotten a picture of what the Battle Frontier will look like, that is if its not an exact copy of Platinum

Lugion

That's been confirmed for quite some time now. It's pretty obvious that they would both be in the same game as they were in the originals. The Box Pokemon will be the first one you can catch, then later in the game you'll be able to catch the other one at a higher level.

I won't go into specifics, as I know I don't remember everything about it. I'm sure if you rummage around the main site you'd find some useful information.

EDIT: My my.. I need to start typing less.
Of course it was virtually confirmed that you can catch both since they were announced... It's just that now, it's irrefutable.

Status
Not open for further replies.