• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you believe that we're only a month and five days away from the Japanese release?
Now that the Safari Zone is back, what can we expect there? Gligar's, Phanpy's, Mareep's, Pikachu's, Oddish's, and Nidoran's and more perhaps? Six zones? Now that's interesting. Six Zones as in different locations right? Oh, I can't wait to see the Elite 4!

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
It's a Battle Frontier style thing, so it might end up not being an actual Battle Frontier. Or has it actually been confirmed to be a BF? Could be just some small place to have fun with similar facilities than in Battle Frontiers.

I believe its Battle Frontier style. It doesnt seem big enough to have multiple facilities.
The game text says Battle Frontier. Let it go

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I know these games are gonna be awesome but...

It looks like they're putting all the new stuff in Johto...

It's starting to look like we're gonna have a G/S Kanto with better graphics... :(

Don't worry, there's lots left for Kanto. If we get a Pal Park or Contest Hall, it will no doubt be in Kanto. Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre and Mewtwo will probably be in Kanto, as well as possibly the Lati's if they are in. Past that, I'm thinking we'll get an explorable Cinnabar Volcano, Silph Co. and Radio Tower, a White Rock event (Oak mentioned it in DPPt), possibly access to the Kanto starters and fossils (they are in the Johto Dex after all), and potentially the presence of FrLg characters like Leaf and Celio. I also predict an expanded plot, extra sidequests, gym redesigns, route changes and more unique differences between towns like what we've been seeing in Johto.

Those are the features I see as shoe-ins for Kanto - anything else is fair game, but most of the features I posted above are likely candidates for Kanto in my opinion.

Hmmmm...a Safari Zone in Johto huh? Makes you wonder if Fuschia City will have there's or not. I can see it play out like this:

Johto: accessable and nothing required to unlock (except for the obvious need to get HM Surf and a few badges)
Kanto: only accessable after completing the Johto Dex to which this Safari Zone contains RSE and possibly DP pokemon.

Good Idea, that seems the most plausable, instead opening a new area in the new Johto SZ, just put the Kanto SZ in aswell :)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Serebii, have you imported it from Play Asia
If so when do you normal get it by

I don't see why everyone loves play-asia, whenever I order off there I get stung with massive customs charges. I use yesasia , I've ordered from them in the past, and they're very reliable, also cheaper than play-asia as they give free worldwide postage.

Can't you believe that we're only a month and five days away from the Japanese release?
Now that the Safari Zone is back, what can we expect there? Gligar's, Phanpy's, Mareep's, Pikachu's, Oddish's, and Nidoran's and more perhaps? Six zones? Now that's interesting. Six Zones as in different locations right? Oh, I can't wait to see the Elite 4!

Hopefully Teddiursa too. I want to be able to cath him in HG before almost E4. :/

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Kanto for me was one of the best parts of the G/S games because when i first bought it i diddn't have the internet or any way to find anything about the game, so i played through normally and ended up being told i could go to Kanto, i was so excited and although i adored Johto just being allowed back to Kanto took me over the edge :'D.

I love the safari zone being available early on, i'm hoping we can catch some pokemon in there that aren't usually available till later on in the game, i wonder if we are allowed to catch baby pokemon in the wild/safari zone?

On the subject of Rayquaza i'm not really fussed about him being catchable at level 50 in the games, but i suppose it gives me something to do after the main storyline.

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
I just find the way they implement the apricorn balls so creative and fun! It's like... they're back in an even more interesting way with how you can grow them yourself (and it's a portable machine)... it's so cool!

steven gambee

Johto Master
you know what i just realised? it must suck for the person who has to carry all the key items..../i wouldnt want to have to carry a bike, coin case and tree growing machine in my bag would you?

on another note i wanna see some dark types like houndour in the SZ and do you think we will get the extremespeed dratini?

I just find the way they implement the apricorn balls so creative and fun! It's like... they're back in an even more interesting way with how you can grow them yourself (and it's a portable machine)... it's so cool!

Probably because they knew you couldn't grow berrys in Johto back in second gen, you could just pick them... so they figured out a way to let us grow berrys, but not change the trees in Johto...

mewfanforlife

I think the six area SZ looks interesting, and I want to learn more about it. I wonder if the back story will be something along the lines of the warden (or a new relative) set it up, possibly while he was on his vacation.

That portable machine houses a Leppa Berry tree, not an Apricorn. I don't know if the text itself says anything about Apricorns but, judging only by the picture, we only have confirmation of it being used for berries.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
That portable machine houses a Leppa Berry tree, not an Apricorn. I don't know if the text itself says anything about Apricorns but, judging only by the picture, we only have confirmation of it being used for berries.

And I repeat from the previous thread...

This is from the main serebii website.

First, it confirms that the Apricorns come back. However, this time, you have the ability to grow them yourself portabley, using the SquirtBottle to grow them and they're stored in an item called the Apricorn Case

This is what serebii has said, not myself

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Hmmmm...a Safari Zone in Johto huh? Makes you wonder if Fuschia City will have there's or not. I can see it play out like this:

Johto: accessable and nothing required to unlock (except for the obvious need to get HM Surf and a few badges)
Kanto: only accessable after completing the Johto Dex to which this Safari Zone contains RSE and possibly DP pokemon.

Maybe a contest hall in place of the olf Safari Zone. :)
But oh boy. Apricorns are back! And their artwork looks great!

I know these games are gonna be awesome but...

It looks like they're putting all the new stuff in Johto...

It's starting to look like we're gonna have a G/S Kanto with better graphics... :(

Kanto will surely be upgraded equally as Johto.

Since the picture shows leppa berries and apricorn,it could mean that the green house uses both.
The use of the green house things are still unknown, I guess? They seem to be for growing berries, as you can't plant them anywhere in Johto and berries are an essential part of Pokémon-games nowadays. But they also could be for apricorns, why not. The only thing confirmed seems to be the Apricorn Case, where you store your apricorns, and that may have nothing to do with the green house thing.

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
Probably because they knew you couldn't grow berrys in Johto back in second gen, you could just pick them... so they figured out a way to let us grow berrys, but not change the trees in Johto...

Precisely...

I mean they could have just gone the lazy way and scrape the apricorns and just have the berries, but I find the way they implemented the apricorns innovative, and a win-win situation overall.

I got the fact that apricorns can be stored in the portable machine from the main site.

Probably the machine can store both berries and apricorns.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer

Very close yes. :)
I am thinking Larvitar will be in that Safari Zone. Makes sense since we've seen him in earlier pictures of the game.

The Apricon balls confuse me. Will you be able to trade them into D/P/Pt? Will this game have the other special balls too? Like Dusk Ball? Very interesting.

Battle Frontier I don't care about. Never did.

Kanto will have some cool stuff in it I'm sure. I doubt they'd let it be kinda bland like it was in G/S/C. I'm hoping there are more "3 years later" things. Like that building being finished in Vermilion and Cinnabar Volcano erupting.

Good to see Bug Catching contest is back. I'll have to spend some time looking for a Scyther again.

Nice to see all this stuff revealed. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.
-;248;

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Precisely...

I mean they could have just gone the lazy way and scrape the apricorns and just have the berries, but I find the way they implemented the apricorns innovative, and a win-win situation overall.

I got the fact that apricorns can be stored in the portable machine from the main site.

Probably the machine can store both berries and apricorns.
That was poor wording on my part. I apologise

Status
Not open for further replies.