• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
The quilava sprite looks nice the evoluton seqence is the same though :3

On a random note, Im with everyone that says that apricorn balls will turn into normal pokeballs.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Has PokeTerra's evolution video been posted yet?
Quilava's sprite is pretty neat
EDIT: And uh, shows some more of Ecruteak (what the heck is that thing blocking the Burned Tower)

That's an awesome video! Thanks for posting this.
Or thanks for Poketerra for posting it.

Isn't Pokemon Sunday tonight? we'll be getting news from that too right?

Yes, I think they're going to get more in depth about Kanto.
And more information about the Yellow Forest.

quilava's overworld looks cool. i wonder what croconaw and bayleef's look like?

Bayleef will be awesome. I just know.
And yes Quilava's overworld sprite looks insanely supreme.

BLASPHEMY! WHO DIDN'T KNOW WHO IS EUSINE? :O

I don't know who Eusine was until he was introduced in these remakes.
That's because I didn't have Crystal. So don't expect everyone to
know about Eusine. And that is not blasphemy.

Last edited:

Red

Not the color
Is it possible while linking with HGSS, DPPt's code could get updated to contain the missing balls? Or perhaps it IS there hidden somewhere? Who knows.

I don't think they'll be turned into normal pokeballs.

Skirgedot

Hey, with all this scan's fuss I completely forgot about PS. :p
So, are they showing Mewtwo tonight or what? I hope it's good.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Is it possible while linking with HGSS, DPPt's code could get updated to contain the missing balls? Or perhaps it IS there hidden somewhere? Who knows.

They will never upgrade the codes.
How does that happen anyway? And it will never be pokeballs,
it were have to be programmed with DPPT's code, then it should be
Net Balls.

Red

Not the color

Yep, I'm actually hoping we'll see a bit of Kanto but they'll most likely show the new Safari Zone and/or Bug Catching contest.

R_N

DPt's coding has been hacked to pieces at this point.
If there was anything that looked like apricorn balls, we would have known.

And the data can't be "updated" either.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Today's Game Corner appears to be focused upon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squads. Don't expect much HGSS stuff.

Lugion

To all of you who think the data cannot be "updated":
Emerald transferred coding over to Ruby and Sapphire to fix the Berry Glitch.

That was a patch to the save, not the coding itself.

Let's just drop this issue, shall we? They didn't use that in D/P when Platinum was about to be released and they won't do any updates now.

You bet they will. Unless you want a shiny invisible Bulbasaur or something of the sort replacing your beloved pokémon.

ijea4444

Ok I look everybody they can treat the new apricorn balls just like new areas.

New area's in platinum (regi's homes for example), when read by platinum read an extra piece of hex. So DP reads one piece of hex and Platinum reads two pieces. The first piece reads as faraway place, that way DP doens't crash and it already has that area programmed. The second piece of text tells platinum that it is in fact Iceburg Ruins(Regice) and for the game to refer to it as Iceburg Ruins instead of Farawayplace.

The same thing can be done in HGSS. DPP read one piece of text when decoding pokeball images, and the one that both HGSS and DPP read is the pokeball image. But HGSS when reading pokeball images has an extra pair of hex, can differentiate pokeballs and apricorn balls.

So capture a hoothoot with a love ball? In DPP it will be a pokeball(or whichever image GF chooses to make it) and in HGSS when looking at its summary you'll see the love ball. STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT!

Flaming-Hot

this game is gonna be awesome .. i have to say that i think the steelix sprite is pretty awesome although im not impressed with the female character sprite

BCVM22

That was the correction of a minor mathematical variable for purposes of fixing the berry glitch. It was done out of sheer necessity, to correct a minor programming flaw not caught by Nintendo's usually exemplary quality control before the game went gold.

This is not that situation on any level. This is not a glitch; this was not done by accident; this is not a simple mathematical variable.

I'm just concerned on if we will get Brains in Johto. Also I can't wait for these games. These first 14 days of senior year are going to make me crazy...

Ammako

They will never upgrade the codes.
How does that happen anyway? And it will never be pokeballs,
it were have to be programmed with DPPT's code, then it should be
Net Balls.
Why should Apricorn Balls turn into Net Ball?

That was a patch to the save, not the coding itself.

No, since if you deleted your save file, the glitch was still here.

=/

And if you had fixed the game, deleting the save file didn't bring back the glitch.

Barbie

they can update games because the original japanese diamond&pearl had the infamous 'surfing glitch' due to "bad programming" (being able to use surf in the elite four, being able to walk around the black in Pokecentre top floors, etc) , then nintendo issued a download from DS terminals in tokyo to permanently fix it

not sure how much they can update it, but it goes to show ...

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Now i don't like HGSS as much.

What happens to the other balls?

Happy about having a safari zone again.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Really glad that the apercots are back, and Im glad to hear there is a safari zone :D

BCVM22

they can update games because the original japanese diamond&pearl had the infamous 'surfing glitch' due to "bad programming" (being able to use surf in the elite four, being able to walk around the black in Pokecentre top floors, etc) , then nintendo issued a download from DS terminals in tokyo to permanently fix it

not sure how much they can update it, but it goes to show ...

GLITCH is still the key word here. It is not a glitch that D/P/Pt do not contain the Apricorn Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.