• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammako

I could give you 100 reasons why that "If they wanted it in, It would have been in 1st gen" rule DOESN'T work, but I agree, I doubt they'd make an EV page.

I was just dreaming for a color coded type thing for EVs.. Most EVs have a color, Second most, 3rd most. Like that...

Btw, doesn't a guy in the Battle Tower in Platinum tell you which stat your Pokemon has the most EVs in or something?

If they were able to make a stat page in these games, adding an EV page wouldn't have been that hard. :/
It's not like I'm saying they should have put Battle Frontier since 1st gen.

And having a color code for EV's wouldn't help you know how much EV's you have.
Anyway, you could just note them on a piece of paper or on Notepad.

The guy in the Battle Tower tells the highest IV of your Pokémon.

AllenKS

If they were able to make a stat page in these games, adding an EV page wouldn't have been that hard. :/
It's not like I'm saying they should have put Battle Frontier since 1st gen.

And having a color code for EV's wouldn't help you know how much EV's you have.
Anyway, you could just note them on a piece of paper or on Notepad.

The guy in the Battle Tower tells the highest IV of your Pokémon.

Sometimes they just don't think about things right away.. It took them Until THIS generation to figure out, "Hey.. Maybe Thunderpunch should be doing physical damage?"

Just because it was possible since then, doesn't mean it HAD to be done.

A color code for EVs could help if it had something like: Dark Green for max, Light Green for over 150, Pale Green for over 75, White for over 1-74, Black for 0. I also meant it as a way to tell right away if traded Pokemon are UT, Slightly EV'd, Horribly EV'd, Max EV'd, etc.. All Dark Green, stay away.

But enough about that, this isn't the speculation thread.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Those colored stats could be telling the nature of a pokemon, because that's not hidden in the games. EVs and IVs are like secrets in the game, while Natures are not. I don't think the game would tell you about something that no-one talks about (in the games, talkin about EVs & IVs).

Like for example, if that Giratina has a Modest nature, it has Red Sp.Atk and Blue Attack, because it's nature raises Sp.Atk and lowers Attack. I think that's more possible.

And that sentence above, was just an example.

pipluptrainer

Johto Trainer
Sorry to interrupt your conversation on EVs/IVs, but I have a question:

Will you be able to trade with DPPt when you get to the first pokemon center,or is it going to be like FR/LG when you have to wait till the end of the game?

I know it's not confirmed but just an idea.

Fire Storm

Will you be able to trade with DPPt when you get to the first pokemon center,or is it going to be like FR/LG when you have to wait till the end of the game?

Can't respond without speculation...

Anyway, Is their a reason it (the scan) says "Battle Front" instead of "Battle Frontier" or is that just the Japanese translation? If it was like that in Platinum, sorry, I haven't finished it yet (I never have time)...

Last edited:

Ammako

It says "Battle Front" because it is the front of the Battle Frontier.
Does that makes sense?

Because there is the gate, a small area, then the gate to the Frontier.
So, Battle Front would be like a sort of Fight Area for Johto.
Notice how the road and trees are the same as in Sinnoh's Fight Area.

R_N

Also guys it's called the "Frontier Front", not "Battle Front"

But yeah, presumably it's the part between the gate & the actual Frontier.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist

What you read below is not confirmed and might turn out to be false.

Though anyway, here's what I think. The games introduced some new Items since the DPPt, the Apricorns and stuff. And the same thing happened when Gold and Silver released. It's more like you can't trade right away with DPPt because I don't think anyone in Cherrygrove will talk about Sinnoh Region and the apricorns that don't exist in Sinnoh. Maybe you get the chance to trade with DPPt in Violet City or somewhere further, maybe not till you reach Ecruteak City. Hope you get my idea.

Also sorry to Mods, I know this isn't the speculation thread, but I tried to answer a question :p (hope I don't get those red thingys.)

blaze94

ZERO!!!
what exactly are apricorn balls? i suspect this was how they came up with diff coloured pokeballs? correct me if i'm wrong plz

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Kurt made free Poker Balls in GSC out of Apricorns, which are thought to have inspired modern Poker Balls.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
what exactly are apricorn balls? i suspect this was how they came up with diff coloured pokeballs? correct me if i'm wrong plz

Apricorn Balls are special made Balls that come from Kurt. Through your Journey in Johto you will find many Apricorns, and they will all be a certain color. You take them to Kurt, and he will make a special ball from them. Like a Blue Apricorn will make a Lure Ball, and with that ball it is easier to catch Pokemon you get from Fishing like a Magikarp. There is also the Level Ball, Heavy Ball, Fast Ball, Love Ball, and the Moon Ball ( thats one right? ).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

And to add to what Takaru posted, a woman in Azalea mentions that before Poké Balls became standardized, everyone used hollowed-out Apricorns to capture Pokémon. This is likely how Kurt mastered the trade.

So, thanks to Apricorns.

R_N

Apricorn Balls are special made Balls that come from Kurt. Through your Journey in Johto you will find many Apricorns, and they will all be a certain color. You take them to Kurt, and he will make a special ball from them. Like a Blue Apricorn will make a Lure Ball, and with that ball it is easier to catch Pokemon you get from Fishing like a Magikarp. There is also the Level Ball, Heavy Ball, Fast Ball, Love Ball, and the Moon Ball ( thats one right? ).

Forgot the friend ball (green). Also he'll take an entire day to make 1 ball* & you can only pick one Apricorn per tree per day

Lure ball (blue) works like you said, Heavy Ball (black) works better the heavier the pokemon is, Level Ball (red?) works better depending on how low the enemy's level is in comparison to the current pokemon out, Fast Ball (uhhh white I think) used to work on pokemon that fled (the beasts, Phanpy, Teddiursa, a few others) but now works based on how fast the pokemon is, Love Ball (pink) was horribly broken in that if the other pokemon was the opposite gender it would have a x8 catch multiplier (highest aside from Master ball's x255), and the Moon Ball (...yellow?) works better on pokemon that evolve via Moon Stone. The Friend Ball just increased the base happiness value of the pokemon caught

*In Crystal you could give up to 10 Apricorns to Kurt and therefore 10 balls the next day. This is probably back because seriously.

Megaflame566

Rising Flames
Did the coro coro pages get released yet

Megaflame566

Rising Flames
The offical ones not leaked because there was a page they missed i think with raikou on it that i reall want to see

R_N

Only one we didn't see was the beast page
Considering the amount of time that's passed, I'm willing to say nothing of note was on it.
It may have even been faked for...some...reason.

XD375

Shane
Well, the images on the actual HG/SS site match the Beasts page. The sprites are the same and all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.