• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Wow it's one level. Calm down. They could have made her Level 15. sure 19 is a bit on the low side for the third Gym Leader, but Miltank was a pain back in G/S. I am kinda glad they softened it up a bit. I really hate when I lose at gyms. Plus this time around she will have Thick fat, so if you have Cyndaquil you are basically screwed with that and rollout. Honestly I am more annoyed they didn't give Bugsy a better team. Hopefully there will be a way to rematch Gym leaders.

I am extremely excited for the inclusion of the Hoenn starters. I wanted to use Sceptile in my game anyway. Now I don't have to trade one over. I like that they included the Kanto starters as well. GBA games are officially phased out. I worry if they will include a Pal Park, but I can just import to D/P/Pt and then trade. The joy of two DSs.

Really awesome that we are getting info so early. Can't wait to see what else is revealed.

I'm also curious about the Rocket Admin Lance. Would they change it in the Western version? May cause some confusion with the Champion. Unless it is him in disguise or something, in which case he sucks at picking aliases.

-;248;

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Holy info, batman. I forgot today was the day! It's like Christmas! I'm just shocked at the starters available. That's so freakin' awesome. Mudkips galore in Johto! Haha. I just want more information on all the legendaries obtainable and the reasons to still have DPPt or the advance games.

So, you can trade with DPPt after getting the first pokedex from Elm or the national dex? Which one? The first pokedex opens up too many possibilities. I'm thinking it's national.

Tf5174

Roster's look okay and thank god i diddn't import them.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Gardenia is stronger than Whitney. And she's the SECOND gym leader....

Also, has anyone noticed Serebii accidentally gave Whitney TM44 Rest? He changed it to TM45 Attract now.

So mistakes are coming out!*starts praying*

Skirgedot

Gardenia is stronger than Whitney. And she's the SECOND gym leader....

Also, has anyone noticed Serebii accidentally gave Whitney TM44 Rest? He changed it to TM45 Attract now.

So mistakes are coming out!*starts praying*

Don't pray much, it was simples a digit mistake.
Morty will keep his gastly, Jasmine will have their magnemites, Clair with 3 stupid Dragonairs, same old pathetically easy Kanto gyms....

All those changes previously reported can't compensate this bullsh*t.

Superkid11

Grow up, man. Seriously.

Miltank has decreased one level? Holy cow, that changes everything! It's not like the changes to the gym's were ever going to be very drastic, and there's likely a very good reason for Whitney leveling down, like to balance the gyms ( for example, Whitney's levels would be lowered, but the levels between Jasmine and Pryce would be significantly increased).

I can understand your disappointment, but seriously, wait until we've at least seen all of the rosters to judge.
This. At least Whitney's Miltank will have somewhat less of a chance of curb-stomping you.

... wait...

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
When I saw the link with the roster, I was like; Here it comes, here it comes!! Then I saw Falkner with lv.9 Pidgey and lv.13 Pidgeotto...

~Ledyba;165;

I hope you do remember there's 8 more Gyms after the ones in Johto -.- So to keep it balanced, the Gyms in Johto aren't obviously as strong as the ones in other games (with only one region!!).

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
kk...
by gym 3 the Pokemon are still weaker than the average gym 3? this is offensive

HOW embarassing was it when you beat Pryce with Red Gyarados even though it was ONLY JUST caught by then?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Because Johto Pokemon are all-powerful?

You people are asking for harder gyms and then you're going and asking Pokemon like Pidgeotto, Poliwrath and Gengar with significantly weaker Johto Pokemon. What the hell?

Same attacks, same TM, same old sh*t.
We can't expect changes in rosters people. Just in levels. And that's when they don't decrease them.

Sigh :\

Bugsy gives U-Turn, Falkner fives Roost.

Same TMs ?_?

Charmbracelet

Looking In
Now I know why the original G/S/C were my least favorite games LOL, the gym leaders were a joke then and are now.

Im still laughing at Bugsy....LMFAO dumb cocoon Pokemon, LMFAO OMG HIS METAPOD IS GOING TO TACKLE ME HELP, ITS SO GONNA BEAT MY CYNDAQUIL, ROFL!!!! <sarcasm intended>

People, give it up, we've set ourselves up for dissapointment, no one else has done this.
We were the ones who did mass speculating about Gym Leaders rosters on the Future Gym/Elite Four Rosters thread. So we can't blame anyone else, so don't blame Nintendo.

I admit yes I am dissapointed about Whitney's Pokemon going down by a level, but Bugsy's Pokemon went up one, so I'm happy.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
That Scyther sprite I saw was the best sprite I've seen so far (for a Scyther), and I'm waiting to see the Scizor one now, someone gotta see one and show me! :)

(Sometimes I hate some Pokemon because of their stupid sprites, and this game has no bad sprites yet!) :):):):)

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I'm stunned that Gym rosters are reason enough for people to decide they don't like the games, even though Mewtwo and the Latis will be in, they can get Kanto and Hoenn starters, and we still don't know anything about Kanto Gym leaders or what treats might be found post E4.

Come on, are mediocre levels really enough to get people *that* worked up? ;182;

Beastly

I don't see why everyone is so upset with what they've seen so far.
I mean sure.. they could've raised the levels, or showcased the Johto Pokemon a bit more.. but maybe they'll have them in the E4 and Kanto Gym Leader rosters. I don't know.

I'd rather them be in Johto, but it's too soon to count them out from the other 6 gym leaders.
Maybe then SOME of you will finally be happy.

I'm glad I have the flu, now I can be here when all of the new info is given to us. I'm really happy with what they've done to these games. I really don't care that they've decreased levels, maybe they thought it would be a good thing.

Don't pray much, it was simples a digit mistake.
Morty will keep his gastly, Jasmine will have their magnemites, Clair with 3 stupid Dragonairs, same old pathetically easy Kanto gyms....

All those changes previously reported can't compensate this bullsh*t.
I figured there wouldn't be roster changes, so I'm not disappointed. I'm fine with the whole "balancing things out" thing as long as some of the levels increase as the games progress.

Seriously, guys. You were all looking forward to these games, now you're b****ing about every little thing that isn't as you expected. :/

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
wait a sec, Game Freak were thinking right tbh
imagine if Miltank had stayed the same or higher? Insanity!!
It took me 3 tries to bea Whitney on GS, so Rest+Lum Berry+Thick fat? Game Freak didn't want the game to be impossible but only a Challenge, it's about right if you think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.