• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgss-gym-leaders.jpg

Anyone seen this? Nice to see the DPP Badge case. Everybody looks so different too.

Falkner looks as if he's preparing to take off.

Bugsy looks more of a girl rather a boy, but the team consists of a female lead whereas he is a male. Oh how I love this!

Whitney sure never looks more attractive if only her hair was down. That's not makeup people, it's her mouth just opening up. Why would a 15 year old wear makeup? (Is she 15 or not?)

Morty need I say more? He's awesome looking rather than his anime counterpart!

Chuck looks like he's about to eat someone.

Jasmine is pristine as ever.

Pryce looks like a cunning old man. Seeing him in action brings chill to the bones!

Claire appears judgmental.

I can't wait to see the Kanto leaders and others.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
They're clearly doing a balancing job. In which case, what do you predict will happen to future gyms?

Personally, I think that the rest of the Johto gyms will all be the same and then we'll see level increases with Kanto's gyms. It makes sense.

mudkipzz

Hoorah for those who speak the truth but spell realize wrong

I would gladly debate that. I don't find that to be the case at all... But the way we play our game marks the often indistinguishable line where arguable fact ends and personal opinion begins. So I will leave it at that and hope that your gameplay experience will be good when all is revealed.

Its more like you were told that they could be any color within a very close hue-range of the first four red ones. I.E. They won't differ too much, for that would throw off the balance of the game, obviously. But this metaphor has become cliched

True, however most people have always complained about Claire and the Elite 4 being easy, which haven't been announced yet. Personally, I just wish the whole rosters would be released, rather than people posting in the Confirmed info about how much the Speculated last few rosters would be.

Anyway, pink is technically just a very pale red, and a lot of guys would wear red but would never touch pink :p

No. And if I recall, Clair had a Lv42 Kingdra which is close as hell enough to Lv45.

Johto = 1 - 40
E4 = 40 - 50
Kanto = 45 - 80
Mt Silver 80 - 100

Does that not make sense.

Instead of rushing you straight into the fray of high leveled pokemon to the point where mid-game is pretty much just battling the same thing over and over, it increasingly gets more difficult until the end.
Clair's Kingdra was level 40, a five level difference. And level 40-50 for the Elite Four? Sorry...but that's pretty horrible. :/

Kanto and Mt. Silver make sense, at least. *sigh* How could GameFreak not realize keeping the same rosters is a bad idea?

Oh well. Whatever, I'll move on.

I'm surprised that there has no been information let out about Celebi, Johto Dex, etc.

12Medbe

Clair's Kingdra was level 40, a five level difference. And level 40-50 for the Elite Four? Sorry...but that's pretty horrible. :/

Kanto and Mt. Silver make sense, at least. *sigh* How could GameFreak not realize keeping the same rosters is a bad idea?

Oh well. Whatever, I'll move on.

I'm surprised that there has no been information let out about Celebi, Johto Dex, etc.

I imagine Celebi will confirmed in a few days from now, I wouldn't be suprised if its obtained via Wi-Fi event.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Clair looks the best to me - fits her character well, or at least i think so. I REALLY want some more info to begin to leak out!

m190049

Local psychopath
Clair's Kingdra was level 40, a five level difference.
Holy crap. 5 levls. Now my attacks will so 14 more damage than you wanted them to.

THE HUMANITY.

...Because you gain EXP, and therefore level up slower?
You would've been too overpowered by Kanto and BREEZED through it otherwise.

I imagine Celebi will confirmed in a few days from now, I wouldn't be suprised if its obtained via Wi-Fi event.
Obvious, really.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
Chuck looks really happy lol.

i can't wait to battle him when HG/SS come out. lol

ijea4444

After you beat the gym leader's does it really matter? I usually beat the first 8 gym leaders like in 3 days the other months after that leading to the new game, I don't care. Personally, I'm fine with the roosters. I know why some other people care, but I have no reason to dislike the levels. And I see in no way why Whitney's very minimal level drop could make you guys have heart attacks and call this game a failure. Shut it until we know all the information. Stop complaining over such ridiculous problems.

I guess now every pokemon is available in this gen with the addition of all the starters. So if there is a 5th gen we are sure to see remakes of some sort to give the 5th gen all pokemon.

HookShot

Shiny get!
hgss-gym-leaders.jpg

Anyone seen this? Nice to see the DPP Badge case. Everybody looks so different too.

Very nice! lol at Chuck's face. Clair, Whitney, Falkner, Chuck... Ah forget it! They all look great! Clair's my favorite, though.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Well, the player from 2ch is simply showing us her progress through the game.

And the game is still not in Serebii's possession. How long must we wait?

As long as you can't fight Pryce before Jasmine, I guess I'm fine with it. The main problem with the E4 was Pryce, because he took everybody's levels down with him. If Jasmine keeps her lv35 Steelix, then we'll have to fight the Red Gyarados and defeat the Rockets in Mahogany before battling Pryce. I'm sure it means at least a 4-5 level difference between him and Jasmine. And then, after that, you have to defeat all those Rockets in Goldenrod and then cross the Ice Path; in GSC, Pryce's Piloswine and Clair's Kingdra had a 7-level difference; if they keep it, then her Kingdra will be approximately 10 levels higher than Jasmine's Steelix, which means lv45. Then, if they keep the same system for the E4, Will's first Xatu will also be lv45 and Lance's last Dragonite, 10 levels higher aka lv55.

I'd be fine with that.

The rosters are still a problem, though... I mean, we all were believing Mamoswine, Yanmega, Ambipom, Lickilicky and Tangrowth would be added to the Johto Dex; now I have the feeling Pryce won't have Mamo anymore. It would be so cool >_>

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
will you still be able to use the start button to open the menus?

12Medbe

The rosters are still a problem, though... I mean, we all were believing Mamoswine, Yanmega, Ambipom, Lickilicky and Tangrowth would be added to the Johto Dex; now I have the feeling Pryce won't have Mamo anymore. It would be so cool >_>

Pryce might obtain a Mamoswine at one point in the game, most likely a rematch battle.

redrunner89

Serebii War Leader
as of right now these games are not impressing me at all. They look nice, but the look isn't what matters, the actual game is what matters. I liked that falkner's pokemon got level increases cause they were need. Bugsy's pokemon not being evolved and only getting a one level increase was nice and disappointing at the same time. But the worse thing so far and something that should never happen in a remake is a gym leader's pokemon getting weaker. I can't believe that whitney's pokemon were reduced in level by one. The gym leaders need to have higher levels, that was the main problem with the originals things were too short and your pokemon were too weak. I was hoping that they were going to fix that, but i guess i was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.