• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
Of course it's really far in, I would actually put my money on them working on the final features and getting ready for testing/touch-ups. They've probably been working on it since before Platinum came out.

Anywho..... I really hope there is another way to use the bag besides the ts. It's cool and all, but I'd rather have it on the top screen. The only thing I've used the ts for in Pt is miny games.

I know, I was just commenting on Serebii's sternness on the matter - they said, on the scans previously mentioned, that they have been working on the games since Diamond and Pearl :)

Same here, I rarely use the touch screen for much, unless I'm on the phone and only have one hand.. I suppose it would be handy when searching for a specific item..?

We have to wait for the next batch of news.. Somebody asked when CoroCoro was next out - I SECOND THIS QUESTION!!

To be honest they really can't be too far off, and shouldn't have but just a little construction left. They're going out of production and into testing by now.

Considering the game is going to be released within the next 5 or so months, I'm pretty sure they've all the layouts done. They've probably been in testing for a couple of months now. Hypothetically if they're going to bed releasing in September, the game is probably gonna go for "gold mastering" atleast by end of July/beginning of August in order to make consumer copies in time for a September release date.

That's just basing it on if it actually will be released in September, if it's a later month, just push those time frames forward to compensate :p

KozunaiKururugi

We have to wait for the next batch of news.. Somebody asked when CoroCoro was next out - I SECOND THIS QUESTION!!

If I'm not mistaken. It should be out around June 12th or June 14th.

The new girl is kinda starting to grow on me. So I guess she isn't all that bad.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
June 15th is the issues next outing. And question. What is wrong with 10 second gameplay clips that could rise a million questions?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
But man with the recent revelation of this being in the works since DP makes the whole Johto thing make well sense.

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
Yeah, the game will be nearing completion in the next few months. They still have time for fix things (LIKE THE CONSTANTLY WALKING STARTERS)..

The slowness of the news is killing me and its even worse now Ive realised that Im not gna play it until the US version is out D:

I cant wait for the next CoroCoro :)

Becuse the new games will sell like crapping paper the release will be later then expected. I think so anyway.

I cant wait until next news report! Want to know more about the games!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah, the game will be nearing completion in the next few months. They still have time for fix things (LIKE THE CONSTANTLY WALKING STARTERS)..

The slowness of the news is killing me and its even worse now Ive realised that Im not gna play it until the US version is out D:

Me too, although I am keeping my mind off of it by playing Platinum, so theres hope for me....

Anyway, I really hope they have the glitch where pokemon outside the National Dex can be used, and instead of their proper number, they have a ??? instead, or even better, just like Ruby/Sapphire, get the ND as soon as a pokemon outside the local dex is traded.

Would it be right to assume that the starter will follow you even through evolution?

I don't think so, as the pictures they showed us had the starters at the first stage of their evolutionary stages.

Skirgedot

I don't think so, as the pictures they showed us had the starters at the first stage of their evolutionary stages.

Well, Platinum added the later evolutionary stages of the starters following you, so I guess we can presume we'll have Feraligatrs and Typhlosions going around with us wherever we go. Which IMO sucks really hard. :\

And I do believe they've been working, or even planning, this games for years now. Not since Platinum.

Gridiron

Well, Platinum added the later evolutionary stages of the starters following you, so I guess we can presume we'll have Feraligatrs and Typhlosions going around with us wherever we go. Which IMO sucks really hard. :\

And I do believe they've been working, or even planning, this games for years now. Not since Platinum.

If you check out the translated screen that yaminokame has in his sig, it will tell you that HeartGold and SoulSilver have been in the making since Diamond and Pearl.

Here: yaminokame's HGSS translations

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If you check out the translated screen that yaminokame has in his sig, it will tell you that HeartGold and SoulSilver have been in the making since Diamond and Pearl.

Here: yaminokame's HGSS translations
Which is something that made me **** bricks. I mean these games have been in the works for 3 years. If they wanted to make the menu as the way they have it here though why did not they do so for DPPt. Thats a downside but whatever.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Anyway, I really hope they have the glitch where pokemon outside the National Dex can be used, and instead of their proper number, they have a ??? instead, or even better, just like Ruby/Sapphire, get the ND as soon as a pokemon outside the local dex is traded.

I'm not fully confident that I know exactly what you are talking about, and if I'm totally off then I am sorry, but in Platinum, I transferred Shaymin over before I had the national Pokedex (and it's not in the Sinnoh Dex) Shaymin could be used just fine, the only difference is that the number was missing. Shaymin could be transferred, and used, but it did not show up in the Pokedex itself. Once I got the National Dex everything was updated and the number was shown. I'm assuming that they would keep a system that resembles this.

m190049

Local psychopath
mitchman_93 FTW! lol
Heart Gold, I think the picture you posted on the previous page would be Kurt's house.
It's confirmed that it can not possibly be Azalea town. =/

so from what i know
it is set for release in japan september 2009
and us february 2010
There is no English release date. Hell, the game hasn't even been REVEALED in English. Why would there be a release date already? And btw, D/P, and Platinum all had fall release dates, which gave us Spring Release dates. The same can probably be assumed for this.

The pictures Saph showed are a great example: the game is still in the works and they are not done all their sprites and tilesets.
The pictures in those shots look almost exactly the same. =/

But man with the recent revelation of this being in the works since DP makes the whole Johto thing make well sense.
The games weren't LITERALLY being worked on since D/P. That's kind of exaggerating a little. Really, what it is is that the games were around the concept and idea stage when D/P was finished and ready to be sold, yet not yet released. It's kind of exaggerated detailing- It's done all the time.

Would it be right to assume that the starter will follow you even through evolution?
Yes.
Anyway, I really hope they have the glitch where pokemon outside the National Dex can be used, and instead of their proper number, they have a ??? instead
That's not a glitch, that was intentional. =/

what about pokemon that evolve into 4th gen pokemon in a certain area? will there be areas in Johto where you can evolve them, or will you have to trade?
Most likely.

m190049

Local psychopath
I reckon they will change the area they evolve into. Its unlikely, but there could be a place with pieces of rock from Mt Coronet or something and you can evolve them there.. Or it could be an item. Most likely, though, they will change the area.
It's never been stated that the Moss Rock and Frozen Rock are one of a kind.
There could be multiples, all across the world.

It's been stated that the reason Magneton and Nosepass evolve is because Mt. Coronet emits a special magnetic field. This can easily be replicated anywhere.

And anyway, this is the wrong thread for this.
Thread: Impossible Evolutions? (Mt. Coronet, Moss Rock, et cetera)

hevver

Heart of Darkness

Starters with R.L.S.* doesn't really bother me.
It makes them look like they're bobbing with the music,
kinda like in the Dungeon games. They don't really need
to fix it, because the game does not rely on it to be awesome.

*Restless Leg Syndrome

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Shut your face. missing something like a release date does not make someone an idiot, so unclog your panties or whatever is making you act rude.

One thing I will say about the release dat...is that whatever it is, I AM IMPORTING IT. Im sure Serebii will make a nice walkthrough people people looking to play the game in Japanese.

Serebii would do that right?

Serebii, you can be our scribe right??? Pleeease.

ALSO. One last thing: the new music SUCKS. Its not about the change from 18 bit or whatever its called, its just that the remixes are...a little disapointing. The FR/LG remixes were better.

And before you launch off at me, you crazy lions, I am talking about New Bark Town, and Azlea Town/Blackthorn City. Those themes are the ones I dont really like. NBT being the worst, waaay to slow, I HATE IT, and AzleaTown/BC I might get used to, with some time and nurturing

personally, I thought the FR/LG remixes were blah for the most part, with a couple of really good ones like Last Battle and Deoxys battle. And yeah, the two HGSS songs may be crap, but why are you judging the whole thing now? The battle themes were the best songs from 2nd gen (except the kanto trainer battle). Town music is freaking town music, man.

Poliwagged

ALSO. One last thing: the new music SUCKS. Its not about the change from 18 bit or whatever its called, its just that the remixes are...a little disapointing. The FR/LG remixes were better.

And before you launch off at me, you crazy lions, I am talking about New Bark Town, and Azlea Town/Blackthorn City. Those themes are the ones I dont really like. NBT being the worst, waaay to slow, I HATE IT, and AzleaTown/BC I might get used to, with some time and nurturing

the FR/LG remixes were terrible lol. they just basically copy+pasted the old R/B music and plastered the crappy R/S/E synth horns on it. zero-effort, IMO.

I'd rather hear fresh, remixed music, than listen to the same thing I listened to 10 years ago.

and, azalea town's/elm's lab sound identical to the old versions, except with new instruments.

Lets try to not call each other names shall we? Giving out infractions really sucks with all the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.