• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
gs_maintitle.jpg

officialsitepokemonHGSSPt1.jpg

officialsitepokemonHGSSPt2.jpg

officialsitepokemonHGSSPt3.jpg

TranslatedPokemonOfficialWebsite-14.jpg

Last edited:

pipluptrainer

Johto Trainer
It has not been Officially said whether it will be at the beginning or towards the end of the game, so we can't really say for sure. Because of the Pichu event I would like to say early on, but back in other generations you had to wait until you got the national dex to trade between different locations (like between Kanto and Hoenn), so I can see it going either way. Again, I'm hoping it would be early on, but who knows :/

I'm also hoping it's early on.I need to trade with plat. if I want my "planned" team.If we can't then I'll have to re-think my team.Anyways,thanks!

m190049

Local psychopath
So far, the 3rd gen was the only one to have multiple regions (counting Johto+Kanto in G/S/C as one big "region", due to a lack of a better word), and they made you have to do some errand, with the fact being they didn't want you trading cross-region pre-national dex. The excuse being that they were "too far away".

Again, it's more likely that not that we will have to do a Fr/Lg-like errand.

I'm also hoping it's early on.I need to trade with plat. if I want my "planned" team.If we can't then I'll have to re-think my team.Anyways,thanks!
You can always ask some "guy who beat the game in 1 or 2 days" (which is quite inevitable) to act as a pass-off.

You trade the Pokemon from your D/P/Pt to his Hg/Ss, and he trades it to your Hg/Ss, as Hg's and Ss's would be able to trade fine pre-national dex.
This was a semi-popular solution for Fr/Lg (minus the Wi-Fi, though)...

Last edited:

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
Gotta wonder if its only your starter that gets to walk outside with you. Maybe it can be any pokemon thats placed first in your party? Any size/weight restrictions? Your on choice? Meh, time will tell.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
I assume you guys heard about the possibility of a skateboard instead of a bike. It's a intresting idea and I think its possible, throws a twist in the game. I just hope they do a time flute/gs ball wifi event to get celebi that would be extremely nice!

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
@ DA Da Swish: the time flute was for the gamecube games. the gs ball was suppose to be the item for gsc.
@ Journeyman: i said those ideas maybe 2 pages ago. there could be restrictions

i don't see major trading restrictions with DPPt. maybe after you get your 3rd or 4th badge. there could be some communication breakdown in the system so you need to fix it to trade but relatively early on.

lol this just makes me imagine having magikarp following you... flopflop

That would actually be quite funny, but obiviosly they'd probably restrict it to cute Pokemon, like in Amity Square, so the list would probably be the current Amity Square list from Diamond and Pearl, (excluding Sinnoh Starters) and adding Pichu, Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil.

elite ralf

I assume you guys heard about the possibility of a skateboard instead of a bike. It's a intresting idea and I think its possible, throws a twist in the game. I just hope they do a time flute/gs ball wifi event to get celebi that would be extremely nice!

skateboard??? -.-
(imagines character overworld sprite with starter pokemon on your shoulder while riding a bike/sateboard, just like what ash's pikachu does in the anime)

skateboard??? -.-
(imagines character overworld sprite with starter pokemon on your shoulder while riding a bike/sateboard, just like what ash's pikachu does in the anime)

A skateboard would be one of the coolest thing ever, maybe instead of having a bike shop in Goldenrod City, you have a Skateboard shop, and when you reach cerulean city, the bike shop there hasn't moved.

You could do it like, the Bike Shop owner and the skateboard shop owner were cousins or twins, and you could trade the skateboard and bike like R/S/E's Acro and Mach Bike.

Wolverine13

Weapon X
A skateboard would be one of the coolest thing ever, maybe instead of having a bike shop in Goldenrod City, you have a Skateboard shop, and when you reach cerulean city, the bike shop there hasn't moved.

You could do it like, the Bike Shop owner and the skateboard shop owner were cousins or twins, and you could trade the skateboard and bike like R/S/E's Acro and Mach Bike.

That would be so awesome. But I seriously doubt that because it is a remake.

Prat

Just after talking about having Pokemon follow you you said "is it gona be in the remakes". IT usually refers to the most recent topic at hand. When you said "is it gona be in the remakes", it sounds like you meant, is the feature of having Pokemon walk behind you going to be in the remakes. And than you said, save it for Gen V.

Word your posts better.

Oh Comon, I dont wana start a flame war or anything ( I really suck at it), but I think what I said made sense.. I said 'Alot of pokemon' but yeah, I guess it got lost in the translation since you were replying to alot of posts.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Leave the board alone ffs! It was not confirmed realy but confirmed fake so yeah.

Superlugia3

All soul, no heart.
That would be so awesome. But I seriously doubt that because it is a remake.

I wouldn't doubt anything in HG/SS just because it's a remake. The memory in the DS cartridges are much larger than the Game Boy so there has to be SOMETHING else besides kanto and johto in there. The skateboard is possible, but not probable.

Last edited:

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
If they do add the Skateboard, then they should give you the option to get one like in G/S/C where you get the bike, and then once you get to Cerulean you can get the other. Also, for the overworld sprite, do you think it will show them as evolved when they do evolve (like if you evolve your Cyndaquil all the way through to Typhlosion)?

W0LF

Trainer
It's possible, but I think it's a long shot. Also, am I the only one who would find it annoying to have a Pokemon follow you for the whole game! It's one of the reasons I hated Yellow.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
The best thing about Yellow was the fact that Pikachu followed you around. It brought something different to the table. I like the idea of the starters following you around and I hope they still do after they evolve. Nobody's going to mess with me if I walk around with a big old Feraligatr following me, are they?

evandeck

Pokemon Sunday goes from 6:30PM to 7:30PM eastern time. We should get some pics or videos between 7:20PM and 7:30PM eastern time.

Status
Not open for further replies.