• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfing_Pikachu

Yes, there appears to be angles in the game, I personally hate the idea, it's too advanced.

The scans with the Slowpoke Well also show a TR member, hopefully we will have revamped artwork soon.

You hate that the games are advancing?

What the hell is with some people... Among the many that are happy there always have to a few that just can't be satisfied. You hate the additions of angles, of all things? Seriously?

I'm loving the starters following you feature, but having watched the latest footage from Pokemon Sunday, something bothered me slightly [something I thought wouldn't as much], but why is the pokemon sprite always moving? [And yes, I know this was see-able in the first footage, but this one made it even more obvious].

Did Pikachu act that way in Yellow? I can't remember if it did or not, but nevertheless it's all rather silly - it should just be stationary when you are.

No, Pikachu stayed stationary. It doesn't bother me too much, but I bet they'll have it changed by the time the games are finished developing.

Last edited:

Casimir

Good boy.
I agree that this pokemon constantly moving feature is annoying.
This is a really old RPG thing... this used to always be in some of the older 2D rpgs on older consoles that a lot of NPCs do this.
Does anybody remember the pokemon tcg game? :p
Anybody who does will know what I'm talking about.

I don't think it's needed.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
I like the idea of having your starter follow you in the game, but I don't know for how long. The new sprites for Gold and Silver look awesome, but I wonder what the second floor on Elm's lab can be? The thing that holds the starters looks like the thing that holds the Kanto starters in the first episode of the anime. Coincidence...I think not.

I like the idea of having your starter follow you in the game, but I don't know for how long. The new sprites for Gold and Silver look awesome, but I wonder what the second floor on Elm's lab can be? The thing that holds the starters looks like the thing that holds the Kanto starters in the first episode of the anime. Coincidence...I think not.

Um... I think so.

The machines don't look that similar, anyway. It's just a cool little scene. Nothing more.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
They said that it would be all pokemon but who knows. I know that it would be funny having a magikarp following you around I mean really it would just be hopping all over the place.
LOL, oh and having a giratina in Ecrueteak city would be funny.

Casimir

Good boy.

I think this is just the way it was meant to be, and now that the DS has all these nice new features that the GBA didn't have for R/S/E/FR/LG they can finally relate gaining your starters to the show.
They probably would have even did it in D/P/Pt if they didn't decide to do the "get your starter out of a suitcase" thing.

Yeah dude don't wonder or else he'll shut this thread down to. I mean really some people just over react to speculating on confirmed information. And what moves were 3D?

But Im a "she" 8(!

Just so you all know, I finished updating the info sticky, it should be up to date now. If Im missing something send me a PM!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Let me get your attention for a while. Look at the image below:
Menu.png

I know you've already seen this but (I edited the picture to include the English translation)... I'd like to point your attention to the name "SOUL" on the Touch Screen menu. Since then, we've been calling the female character "SOUL", but don't you think we should start calling her "HEART".

From the image above, we see "Gold". If the female character's name is "Soul", don't you think the name on the menu should "Gold" or "Heart" instead. I just want to point that out.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

I know you've already seen this but (I edited the picture to include the English translation)... I'd like to point your attention to the name "SOUL" on the Touch Screen menu. Since then, we've been calling the female character "SOUL", but don't you think we should start calling her "HEART".

From the image above, we see "Gold". If the female character's name is "Soul", don't you think the name on the menu should "Gold" or "Heart" instead. I just want to point that out.
But let me point something out.

Gold Version- Gold/Jimmy
Crystal Version- Kris/Marina
Silver- Silver, ?Soul?

The only missing variable would be Soul, considering Gold and Crystal already have a protagonist named after them, and Silver was an antagonist, not a protagonist. Kinda confuzzling o_0

Faerie

MONS
Looks from the screenshots like they're finally going to make some good use out of the bottom screen. I always thought that the poketch was a really poor use of the bottom screen outside of battle. Putting the menu there is a much better idea.

So as of now the new character's name might be changed to Soul. (I said MIGHT because I don't think it has been confirmed yet) and Will this game be available on the DS or is it just DSI?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
;249;Yaminokame's HGSS Translations;250;
;152; ;155; ;158;​

----------------
KEY
* = See translation note at bottom
----------------

[6/8/09] Pokemon Official Website - PokeWalker Information
[Original] Pokemon Official Website - PokeWalker Information

[5/30/09] Pokemon Official Website - Pokemon Sunday upcoming episodes
[Original] Pokemon Official Website - Pokemon Sunday upcoming episodes

[5/27/09]* Game Freak Official Website - Masuda's Hidden Power [Gamefreak Translation]
[Original] Game Freak Official Website - Masuda's Hidden Power

[5/21/09] Pokemon Official Website Article on Pikachu-colored Pichu
[Original] Pokemon Official Website Article on Pikachu-colored Pichu

[5/20/09] Game Freak Official Website - Staff Voice Morimoto
[Original] Game Freak Official Website - Staff Voice Morimoto

[5/16/09] Famichudan 2nd Scan Translated
[Original] Famichudan 2nd Scan Original

[5/15/09] Famichudan 1st Scan Translated
[Original] Famichudan 1st Scan Original

[5/14/09] Pokemon Japanese Official Website Translated
[Original] Pokemon Japanese Official Website

;243;-----TRANSLATION NOTES-----;244;
;245;​

[5/27/09]
  1. The official name for the Johto region in Japanese is ジョウト地方. Inside of this section Masuda gives us two Kanji variations for Johto, alongside the official Katakana version, which I have left untranslated above, because they are essentially just for looks.

Last edited:

Nick Alert

Helplessly Confused.

Surfing_Pikachu

From what I have seen over the years, you are exactly right. In previous games all screenshots for Diamond were "ダイヤ" or "Daiya" (Diamond) Pearl was "パール" or "Pa-ru" (Pearl) Emerald was "ラルド" or "Rarudo" (Emerald) and Platinum was "プラット" or "Puratto" (Platinum) With this as the trend, it would make sense that a screenshot from SoulSilver would be named Soul and one from HeartGold would be Heart
That's good to hear. I would be really angry if my favorite character's name was suddenly changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.