• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
We already know the event is coming via macdonalds and a second event from somewhere in Japan.

People on 2ch have been talking about the Nintendo support in McDonalds though in Japan, and as of right now it appears only a few McDonalds in Tokyo have it :/ They were saying that maybe Nintendo was going to spread this service around to other places, but no one knows for sure (One of them asked their friend who worked at a McDondalds, but his friend did not know the answer) Another possibility that was mentioned was doing it through local stores (i.e. wifi release sort of deal), though none of it is confirmed, just people wishing that they change something lol...

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
The thing is, the CoroCoro scan makes no mention of McDonalds so its likely thats only a secondary option

Yeah, that has to be it :/ There is no way that if other McDonalds didin't have the possibility to have that Nintendo Zone thing that they would make that the only way :p I still haven't found online where he researched to find the Nintendo Zone compatible McDonalds, so I'll have to keep looking :p I agree though, there will most definately be some other method as well.

EDIT: Yeah, the reach of Nintendo Zone is going to be a little bit wider than what they had said. It looks like it's going to be a little bit more difficult to use it on the DS/DS Lite though :/ People with the DSi will be able to use the service normally, but others need to go through some other steps :( And i don't have a DSi T_T

Last edited:

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Is this all we can expect from Coro-Coro this month or is there more to come

Actually, there are 18 legendaries in platinum. Not 20, thank you very much.

Not if you count Manaphy and Phione.

I really wanna see some battles to see if the attacks have changed at all.

I hope there's a battle frontier too.

Some of them changed subtly from D/P to Platinum, so I guess so.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Is this all we can expect from Coro-Coro this month or is there more to come

There were rumors of a scan with a "new Pokemon" though I have not seen the scan yet. They said it is only a sillouette of one. I'm guessing not everything is out there yet.

Crazy question, but after looking at the McDonalds Jirachi thing again I noticed something quite odd. Most events that are given away at stores in Japan are given away using Wireless, not Wi-Fi. Since Nintendo is putting their Wi-Fi into Japanese McDonalds, could it be that instead of it getting released at McDonalds, that it is getting released through Wi-Fi, and McDonalds is only promoting the fact that they give away Nintendo information early + you can now download through their wifi? In the Jirachi steps, it says to get it over Wi-Fi, not Wireless, so :/ Maybe....

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well I said before that 3-4 pages are missing but it looks like 5 were missing so I dunno 3-4 are still hidden me thinks.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Sorry about his but what is 2ch
Also when is Famitsu out?

Pidgeo

kyogreandgroundon.jpg

Here, I highlighted roughly the same spot on both boxes, and you can see a vague Kyogre in the sea for HG and the top half of Groundon on SS. Now this could be nothing but as Groundon is in SS and Kyogre is in HG this can be no coincedence surely?

Good how much detail has gone into these boxarts :D

Here, I highlighted roughly the same spot on both boxes, and you can see a vague Kyogre in the sea for HG and the top half of Groundon on SS. Now this could be nothing but as Groundon is in SS and Kyogre is in HG this can be no coincedence surely?

I see nothing there.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Sorry about his but what is 2ch
Also when is Famitsu out?
2ch is the Japanese 4chan. And Famitsu comes out weekly so I think by Sunday Famitsu scans should be in.
kyogreandgroundon.jpg

I think people are seeing things out of nowhere.

DSDark

Breeder
kyogreandgroundon.jpg

i'm sorry but i don't see kyogre or groundon in the boxarts

Grei

not the color
There were rumors of a scan with a "new Pokemon" though I have not seen the scan yet. They said it is only a sillouette of one. I'm guessing not everything is out there yet.

I can only assume that this "new Pokemon" is as "new" as the Notch-Ear Pichu, right?

...kind of makes me hope that there's some new type of Togepi or something, that you could hatch from the first egg in the game...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

The bit on HeartGold looks more like the mountain tops of Johto, while the SoulSilver bit looks like a big fat nothing - it's probably just grain from a low-quality scan

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I can only assume that this "new Pokemon" is as "new" as the Notch-Ear Pichu, right?

...kind of makes me hope that there's some new type of Togepi or something, that you could hatch from the first egg in the game...

From what they were saying it has a different name, but I really don't know much about it :/ It was being mentioned for a little while, and then just dropped... we'll have to see what the scans look like

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Well a blacked out Pokemon wouldn't exactly be notchie now would it? Anyway I hope the rumor is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.