• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I looked at the picture of Gold with a green Pokemon that people are saying is a Kecleon and I just don't agree. It looks like a Larvitar. Plus wouldn't it being a larvitar make more sense since Kecleon is a Hoenn Pokemon(I'm pretty sure it is)?

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I noticed on the status screen there is a bit for ribbons, so I'm wondering - will contests be in HGSS?

I'm asking this because in FireRed / Leaf Green there was no ribbon page on the status screens there, the game just remembered what ribbons they had when trading with R/S/E

We can arrive at a conclusion that there will be contests in the game. A possible location could be the area southwest of the Nat'l Park. I see no point of putting it there if it's purpose is just for earning ribbons such as Footprint, Effort, Hall of Fame ribbons and such... or for the sake of Pokémon you have transferred from DPPt.

Last edited:

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Having any pokemon follow you is the best news I've heard yet! First thing I'm gonna do is trade over a Wailord just to say I have a 50 foot whale following me! I've always wanted to do that.

Then Bulbasaur.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Interesting...so it looks like Kanto will actually be in the game after all.

Although I wanted it to be in the game...I doubted it. But I guess I was proven wrong, and now all 493 Pokemon can walk behind you...I would love to see that with Kyogre.

Looks like the graphics are much better than G/S...which was to be expected but it will feal different because of that fact.

Looks like they're revitalizing the Touch Screen for more things...I don't know if that will be good or bad, we'll have to see what they do.

All in All it looks great.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

We can arrive at a conclusion that there will be contests in the game. A possible location could be the area southwest of the Nat'l Park. I see no point of putting it there if it's purpose is just for earning ribbons such as Footprint, Effort, Hall of Fame ribbons and such... or for the sake of Pokémon you have transferred from DPPt.

That is true. The area near National Park is too early on in the game to be anything ground breaking like a Battle Frontier, wouldn't be surprised if that is where the contest hall is.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
The Pokédex isnt changed.

Arbok is still number 51. If the 3/4th Gen evo's and pre evo's would be in it. Arbok's Jotho Dex number would be 52.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
The Pokédex isnt changed.

Arbok is still number 51. If the 3/4th Gen evo's and pre evo's would be in it. Arbok's Jotho Dex number would be 52.

Nice find...I kinda expected them to just have Johto Pokemon for Pre-Elite 4 journey thing...

The Pokedex looked completly revamped...I wonder if they're going to add anything to it...

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Silver's sprite, I think it is the same as his art, it's just too dark to blurry to see it pants are blue.

I just noticed something, the new dex system, the one where you can see the pokemon icons when searching through the dex, it has the same numbering as G/S (Togepi no. 46, Ekans no. 50, Arbok no. 51, etc) which means that all 1st gen/2nd gen (except starters and legends) are in the regional dex.

Something else, I think that the towns/cities will be like their G/S ancestors and will be different colored, Goldenrod City looks very golden, Newbark is green, Ecruteck is Brown, Cherrygrove is pink/magenta, Violet City is Violet, and I can't tell the others cause we can't really see them, (Like Violet City, its looks like it has 2 houses and thats it!)

It also looks like the gyms are different colored too, I can see Voilet Cities gym and it has blue on it, Goldenrod's has white and Ecruteck has purple, and Mahogany has a greeny blue color on it, if this is true, then its about time they made the gyms look different from each other!

As for that unknown pokemon by the Steelix pic, to me it looks like Wurmple, but it can't be so I think its Hoothoot or Sentret, its looks brown.

And do you reckon the HGSS site will update with all these pics, so we can see them, cause they didn't put up some of the last months pics up.

Surfing_Pikachu

It could be a lot of things, really. Lots of new features have been implemented into the series since G/S. It could be a contest hall, battle tower (I doubt they will add a whole new frontier, this is just a remake), safari zone, or maybe even a Amity Square of some sort. But I agree, it's most likely a contest hall.

Also, is this the last bit of info we'll be getting before next month's Corocoro?

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Has any1 noticed that in the picture where gold is entering ilex forest with a pichu that there appears to be an apricorn tree!!!!!!!

DarkPrince

Take that!
Hey see in the pic where a Rocket is standing infront of Radio Tower just look the building on its right...it is the railway station right?

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I'm about 99.9% sure Apricorns are in these games, cause if you look at the map, you can see where they are, they are in the same places as G/S/C and also you can see that they are colored.

Edit: woop woop rank up!

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
No, you're wrong, it's just the sign when you enter a town,city,cave or forest.
Sorry to dissapoint you...........

um i think you are looking at the picture where they are entering a route not ilex forest

kemal07

Silver's sprite, I think it is the same as his art, it's just too dark to blurry to see it pants are blue.

I just noticed something, the new dex system, the one where you can see the pokemon icons when searching through the dex, it has the same numbering as G/S (Togepi no. 46, Ekans no. 50, Arbok no. 51, etc) which means that all 1st gen/2nd gen (except starters and legends) are in the regional dex.

Something else, I think that the towns/cities will be like their G/S ancestors and will be different colored, Goldenrod City looks very golden, Newbark is green, Ecruteck is Brown, Cherrygrove is pink/magenta, Violet City is Violet, and I can't tell the others cause we can't really see them, (Like Violet City, its looks like it has 2 houses and thats it!)

It also looks like the gyms are different colored too, I can see Voilet Cities gym and it has blue on it, Goldenrod's has white and Ecruteck has purple, and Mahogany has a greeny blue color on it, if this is true, then its about time they made the gyms look different from each other!

As for that unknown pokemon by the Steelix pic, to me it looks like Wurmple, but it can't be so I think its Hoothoot or Sentret, its looks brown.

And do you reckon the HGSS site will update with all these pics, so we can see them, cause they didn't put up some of the last months pics up.

No i think the sprite is different tbh is hair looks very bushy not spiky and the colour of his shoes :S
Not forgetting the Rocket grunts hair colour in sprite form.
I hope these changes dont apply to other characters....

And you mentioned Violet city is there a screenshot of it?? i couldnt see it

Lol eight new pages.

Maybe somebody posted this already, but Mareep's, Arbok's and Gengar's numbers haven't changed. There's not even a single space left to Togekiss. So, it means they pulled out that horrible FRLG system again and thus, the dex will probably be the same =(

...Unless Togekiss is at the end of the dex? Hmm.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Actually everything last month had was on the site so this will too. Only thing was the menu but that was a little thing. That will most likely come with the pics and it will most likely become a main site due to so much info then a small pic site.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
April and May passed, man it feels like yesterday that they were announced, but it felt like forever until we got this info, now its gonna feel like forever again until next month. But hopefully more info gets released before next month, via Pokemon Sunday or the HGSS site.

Also I took another look at the Kecleon following you, and it does look like a Larvitar, which would make more sense that a Kecleon.

slowkingsley

Contests will be in the game as under the picture of Wobbuffet the discription says that your pokemon pick up accessories as you go on your journey, which are useless without contests. It seems like the pokemon following you will be exactly like Amity Square.

Also I'm pretty sure that pokemon in that pic isn't Kecleon as it would be silly for them to show a pokemon that isn't part of the Johto Dex. It's too hard to distinguish properly but personally I think it is a Politoed.

Also with the Johto Dex being the same, I'm still hoping that the 4th gen evolutions will be added to the back of the Dex, even though it looks as if they won't be accessible until after the National Dex is obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.