• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss the confirmed info from scans/Pokemon Sunday/etc ONLY. Any ideas or speculation belong in other threads in the forum.
Your crap will be deleted if its off-topic. Infractions if you do it multiple times.

Scans and info can be seen in here

Surfing_Pikachu

Ahem. Now where were we. Oh yes. I think we left off talking about the starters following you? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, thanks for making a new one of these. The last one went out of hand.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I don't know, Surfing Pikachu. The starters following you around in HGSS just mkaes the game more exciting and fun. I also like that the game has very good graphics. Are the graphics 3-D though?

Nick Alert

Helplessly Confused.
Yes, the starters will follow you. It isn't revealed how long, or if other pokemon can to.

Surfing_Pikachu

bugman03

I don't know, Surfing Pikachu. The starters following you around in HGSS just mkaes the game more exciting and fun. I also like that the game has very good graphics. Are the graphics 3-D though?

I'm sure the game is 2.5D like Dimond and Pearl. You can kinda see it in the New Bark town Video. Also We've seen the Pictures for Cindaquil and Totodile so we know the battle sprites wont be 3D, even if the attacks might be.

Also I wonder what is upstairs in Profesor Elm's lab? There is a staircase on the outside, at least it looks like one.

Ryo

o rly?
I LOVE the new starters' sprites.
Cyndaquil's still my favorite looking one.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Also I wonder what is upstairs in Profesor Elm's lab? There is a staircase on the outside, at least it looks like one.
Don't wonder, because you get threads closed for having even a hint of speculation in your post ... :/

Yes, the games graphics are great. They have upgraded them from the days of D/P, big or little, and that is something to look forward to. Little things really add up in games, do you agree?

m190049

Local psychopath
I'm sure the game is 2.5D like Dimond and Pearl.
Actually- They're consiederd 3D, for most of the game. 2.5D is when the game moves left right, up, and down, but not forward or back. Like Super Smash Brothers, or Kirby 64.
The game actually shifts between 2D and 3D. It's usually 2D in most areas indoors. Tough that's not called 2.5D...

Ya, the graphics were the first thing I noticed from the very first Pokemon Sunday clip. The wind blowing was a very nice touch too, maybe something not possible with D/P's engine?
No, it was surely possible, seeing how D/P had other weather features.
It's probably attributed to the slogan of New Bark Town: The Town Where the Winds of a New Beginning Blow

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

Speaking of using 2.5D and angles, I think that was one of the main problems that caused framerate issues in D/P. Whenever I rode my bike at full speed, it slowed down A LOT. I just recently got out my Emerald, and I was in awe at how fast it went.

Wolverine13

Weapon X
I'm sure the game is 2.5D like Dimond and Pearl. You can kinda see it in the New Bark town Video. Also We've seen the Pictures for Cindaquil and Totodile so we know the battle sprites wont be 3D, even if the attacks might be.

Yeah dude don't wonder or else he'll shut this thread down to. I mean really some people just over react to speculating on confirmed information. And what moves were 3D?

Last edited:

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Yes, the starters will follow you. It isn't revealed how long, or if other pokemon can to.
Well it's kinda semi obviousthat only the starter follows you like in pokemon yellow. Since in Exrueteak city or whatever, you would've atleast caught 1 pokemon by then.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
This made me chuckle.

Speaking of using 2.5D and angles, I think that was one of the main problems that caused framerate issues in D/P. Whenever I rode my bike at full speed, it slowed down A LOT. I just recently got out my Emerald, and I was in awe at how fast it went.

Framerate issues? I never had any problems with the framerate in D/P, not even while I was going nonstop up and down the 123-tile straightaway to hatch eggs, etc.

Wolverine13

Weapon X
Well it's kinda semi obviousthat only the starter follows you like in pokemon yellow. Since in Exrueteak city or whatever, you would've atleast caught 1 pokemon by then.

I know that it would be funny having a magikarp following you around I mean really it would just be hopping all over the place.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

Alloute

Not Banned
And I see that HS/SS plays with angles more
with the Slowpoke well.

Yes, there appears to be angles in the game, I personally hate the idea, it's too advanced.

The scans with the Slowpoke Well also show a TR member, hopefully we will have revamped artwork soon.

Jigglypuff5000

I'm loving the starters following you feature, but having watched the latest footage from Pokemon Sunday, something bothered me slightly [something I thought wouldn't as much], but why is the pokemon sprite always moving? [And yes, I know this was see-able in the first footage, but this one made it even more obvious].

Did Pikachu act that way in Yellow? I can't remember if it did or not, but nevertheless it's all rather silly - it should just be stationary when you are.

They wouldn't want to reveal just yet that all Pokemon could follow you if they could. Which probably won't happen.

Framerate issues? I never had any problems with the framerate in D/P, not even while I was going nonstop up and down the 123-tile straightaway to hatch eggs, etc.

Framerate issues are more noticeable in Platinum. There are very obvious slowdowns in cities such as Hearthome, especially when riding a bicycle.

They said that it would be all pokemon but who knows. I know that it would be funny having a magikarp following you around I mean really it would just be hopping all over the place.

...no they didn't.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
They said that it would be all pokemon but who knows. I know that it would be funny having a magikarp following you around I mean really it would just be hopping all over the place.
Nobody ever said all Pokemon were to have the ability to follow you. I dont know who you're getting your top-secret information from, but you might want to take him out o_0

Status
Not open for further replies.