• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I remember that someone mentioned something earlier about the Pikachu-colored Pichu that I had never heard before regarding Iilex Forest, so I searched the Official Website, and came across a section that they added information to about the Pikachu-colored Pichu. I don't think this will apply to many, but if there is anyone here going to Japan to get either the Pichu or Arceus (I have had people ask me to translate stuff for them because they were going to watch the movie and needed information) or want to know a little bit more about the Pichu (The HeartGold / SoulSilver relation with Pichu is nothing really new, but as I said before, it had stuff that was news to me, and it is a different source to look from) I have translated a fairly large article that depicts a LOT of information about Pichu. It can be found in either my signature, or here. Hope it helps :)

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I hope the US gets a shot at the pre-order Pichu thing they mentioned. I'm tired of getting boned. We buy just as much if not more of the games than Japan does!

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I hope the US gets a shot at the pre-order Pichu thing they mentioned. I'm tired of getting boned. We buy just as much if not more of the games than Japan does!

Pichu this year is basically last years Regigigas. When it came to the US, it was released as a Toys 'R Us event, which I think worked out better for US people more than Japan, because as far as I know it didn't cost anything to actually get it, you have to actually spend money on the ticket to get it in Japan XD When HeartGold and SoulSilver are released, I'm assuming that they will release the Pichu right away like they did with the Regigigas

kemal07

I love the idea of the starter following you itl make you feel less lonely :D
But im sure it was mentioned how you can turn that feature of at will

Sabonea_Masukippa

I love the idea of the starter following you itl make you feel less lonely :D
But im sure it was mentioned how you can turn that feature of at will

I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere if the feature will be able to be turned off, or how it will be done.

As far as we know (with regards to the following pokemon) all we know is that Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile can follow the protagonist (extending even furhter: we only know for sure they can do this in Newbark Town, Ecruteak City and by the Slowpoke Well).

We don't know if the starter's evolutions can follow you (but it is assumed as the evolutions of the DPPt starters go follow you in Amity Square) and it has been hinted at in scans translated independantly by myself and yaminokame that other pokemon may be able to follow you. That is all we know.

...And they move/walk/wriggle constantly. :p

Casimir

Good boy.
I remember that someone mentioned something earlier about the Pikachu-colored Pichu that I had never heard before regarding Iilex Forest, so I searched the Official Website, and came across a section that they added information to about the Pikachu-colored Pichu. I don't think this will apply to many, but if there is anyone here going to Japan to get either the Pichu or Arceus (I have had people ask me to translate stuff for them because they were going to watch the movie and needed information) or want to know a little bit more about the Pichu (The HeartGold / SoulSilver relation with Pichu is nothing really new, but as I said before, it had stuff that was news to me, and it is a different source to look from) I have translated a fairly large article that depicts a LOT of information about Pichu. It can be found in either my signature, or here. Hope it helps :)

Thank you very much once again yaminokame.
You are very helpful with this! :)

That is some nice info on the PCPichu. I was wondering what would happen when evolving it, though I had a pretty good idea.

Blazing Charmander

That's a comprehensive amount of information about Pikachu-coloured Pichu on that page. Although a lot of that was common knowledge before, it's nice to see it all presented there with some nice images. Thanks for the translations yaminokame :).

One thought I have though is regarding the mention about evolving PCP, where it states that the Ilex Forest event is still accessible if it evolves into Pikachu or furthermore into Raichu. This would hence imply that sprites of Pikachu and Raichu will be visible if the player does initiate this event with an evolved Pikachu-coloured Pichu. For this reason, I wonder if this is indeed evidence that you will be able to see a number of Pokemon other than the starters following you.

Whether they will allow you to have any Pokemon follow you or just a select bunch ala Amity Park remains to be seen, but it'd be interesting to see how this aspect of the game develops. At least we know that, if the whole Pichu family will have visible overworld sprites, then the starters are viable to follow you still when evolved.

Snuff

Bring on ze mudkipz!
I find it difficult believe that they'll have larger pokemon than the smaller starter style pokemon following you. The overworld would have to really be modified to accomodate some of those large pokemon.

I believe it will be like D/P amity square, only with a larger range of the smaller pokemon.

As long as I can have my teddiursa following me, I'll be happy =P

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
I believe it will be like D/P amity square, only with a larger range of the smaller pokemon.

You might be right, but I hope not, I really want to be able to take any pokemon with me, or at least my wailord. lol jk but really I would like to be able to bring out my typhlosion or charizard at any time.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
there could be a size cap on the pokemon that follow you, like in the dungeon games. maybe just size 1 can follow you. that is a huge list anyway, but sorry no wailord and the larger legendaries.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
As long as the evolutions of the starters can follow you, I don't care about any other specifics of the stalker pokemon feature.

BenMorrissey

Imagine a Tyranitar or Dragonite Following you. That'd be cool. They could easily fit on one square, but be a bit taller than everything else (namely your character).

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Did they announce a new TRU give away or something?

And since for some reason I can't quote the message, Who cares how old you are. What other people think shouldn't stop you from enjoying the games. They are E for everyone and you aren't hurting anyone by enjoying it.. so don't think to much into it. I am 23 if that makes you feel any better.

FRUiTY-DiNO

Fairy Trainer
I'm just dreaming about walking around with my dear Jynx or Crobat. I hope most babies and their evos are able to walk outside. Maybe also the "pet" Pokes like Eevee.
Maybe that concept could be adapted to surfing/flying Pokémon. You could be able to see spme, like Laparas :)

Outside Pokéball:

Other gens starters
Pichu > Pikachu > Raichu
Cleffa > Clefairy > Clefable
Igglybuff > Jigglypuff > Wigglytuff
Togepi > Togetic > Togekiss
Tyrogue > Hitmon???
Smoochum > Jynx
Elekid > Electabuzz > Electivire
Magby > Magmar > Magmortar
Azurill > Marill > Azumarill
Wynaut > Wobuffet
Budew > Roselia > Roserade
Chingling > Chimecho
Bonsly > Sudowoodo
Mime Jr. > Mr. Mime
Happiny > Chansey > Blissey
Munchlax > Snorlax
Riolu > Lucario
Eevee > ???eon
Meow > Persian
ETC...

Surfers:

Blastoise
Tentacruel
Dewgong
Gyarados
Lapras
Mantine
Wailmer
Wailord
Milotic
Walrein
Kyogre
Gastrodon

Fliers:

Salamence
Rayquaza
Pidgeot
Fearow
Aerodactyl
Articuno
Zaodis
Moltres
Dragonite
Skarmory
Lugia
Ho-oh
Swellow
Flygon
Altaria
Tropius
Lati@s
Staraptor
Drifblim
Honchkrow
Togekiss
Giratina

This pretty much explains what I mean: http://kymotonian.deviantart.com/art/More-Pokemon-overworlds-95928804

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
Did they announce a new TRU give away or something?
No...

Although the Pikachu-Colored Pichu being given out is being given out in japan is being given out the same exact way that level 100 Regigigas was.

So we're just all guessing that the Pikachu-Colored Pichu will probably be given out through Toys 'R' Us (as will Arceus).

I'm just dreaming about walking around with my dear Jynx or Crobat. I hope most babies and their evos are able to walk outside. Maybe also the "pet" Pokes like Eevee.
Maybe that concept could be adapted to surfing Pokémon. You could be able to see spme, like Laparas :)

Outside Pokéball:

Other gens starters
Pichu > Pikachu > Raichu
Cleffa > Clefairy > Clefable
Igglybuff > Jigglypuff > Wigglytuff
Togepi > Togetic > Togekiss
Tyrogue > Hitmon???
Smoochum > Jynx
Elekid > Electabuzz > Electivire
Magby > Magmar > Magmortar
Azurill > Marill > Azumarill
Wynaut > Wobuffet
Budew > Roselia > Roserade
Chingling > Chimecho
Bonsly > Sudowoodo
Mime Jr. > Mr. Mime
Happiny > Chansey > Blissey
Munchlax > Snorlax
Riolu > Lucario
Eevee > ???eon
Meow > Persian
ETC...

Surfers:

Blastoise
Tentacruel
Dewgong
Gyarados
Lapras
Mantine
Wailmer
Wailord
Milotic
Walrein
Kyogre
Gastrodon

Fliers:

Salamence
Rayquaza
Pidgeot
Fearow
Aerodactyl
Articuno
Zaodis
Moltres
Dragonite
Skarmory
Lugia
Ho-oh
Swellow
Flygon
Altaria
Tropius
Lati@s
Staraptor
Drifblim
Honchkrow
Togekiss
Giratina

I doubt there will be different animations for surfing and flying Pokemon. Making animations for a few certain Pokemon while using a generic animation for others seems a bit tacky.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
on the followers: maybe its the first member in your party or the one thats using an HM move (i.e, surfers, strength, rock climb, etc.). they did show a difference in gold and silver. i know the flyers were what was being used, it would show a bird if it was one of the birds, a dragon if it was charizard or dragonite, ho-oh and lugia were shown as themselves, crobat was a bat and so on. it can't be that hard to put that in the coding of the game. if the original gold and silver had it, why can't their remakes have it too?

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
I think it would be cool to have Pokémon following you around.. Im sure there would be enough space on the game card.. Although with two regions, maybe not.

I'll be happy aslong as my Feraligatr is with me :)

Or any of my team :)

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
I doubt there will be different animations for surfing and flying Pokemon. Making animations for a few certain Pokemon while using a generic animation for others seems a bit tacky.

did you play gold in silver? they showed a lot of different, but relevant, overworld sprites for every pokemon. i don't see why they can't do that in the remakes

Status
Not open for further replies.