• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
It won't be awesome if Nintendo doesn't give the event item(or whatever is needed) over Wi-Fi. Nintendo doesn't have events in my area.

Well, I'm still waiting for the Member Card and Oak Letter Wi-fi events Japan got.

You know what's funny, I happen to have Groudon and Kygore in Platinum from me and my brother's first play through Ruby and Sapphire. I'll trade them over to HG/SS and catch Rayaquaza and I'm done.

halloweenghost

Well, I'm still waiting for the Member Card and Oak Letter Wi-fi events Japan got.

You know what's funny, I happen to have Groudon and Kygore in Platinum from me and my brother's first play through Ruby and Sapphire. I'll trade them over to HG/SS and catch Rayaquaza and I'm done.

not if you have to have them both from johto :p

yaminokame

やみのかめ
arceus.jpg

I don't reccognise this scene from Platinum so I am assuming this is in Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Ontop of that, the caption here (I'm assuming it is Cynthia talking) "3つの いのちの うち ひとつを えらぶ けんりを あたえられたのよ" -- "Of the three lives, you have been given the right to choose one of them."

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
I predicted that the Hoenn Trio would be available in these games. Now it's pretty much confirmed that they're trying to steer away from the GBA games.

So we'll likely be able to catch Lati@s and Mewtwo in this game as well, which will mean that every non-event Legendary Pokemon will be available in the fourth generation. I'm also thinking that we'll be able to obtain a Kanto Starter and a Hoenn Starter after we beat the Elite 4, which will make every non-event Pokemon available in the fourth generation (if I'm not mistaken).

Not really, there's still the GBA insertion-exclusives of Ruby and Sapphire:
Seedot family
Lotad family
Mawile
Sableye
Zangoose
Seviper
Solrock
Lunatone

halloweenghost

Ontop of that, the caption here (I'm assuming it is Cynthia talking) "3つの いのちの うち ひとつを えらぶ けんりを あたえられたのよ" -- "Of the three lives, you have been given the right to choose one of them."

that sounds like you can only pick one of the three.

Blazing Charmander

'Birth of the legendary Pokemon" maybe they are showing how Palkia, Dialga and Giratina came to be, but if that is so, how could Cynthia be there?

This isn't all the info is it??? I hope not.

Well, considering that the DPPt story is supposedly more-or-less concurrent with the HGSS one, it could be that Cynthia has heard that a trainer travelling around Johto or Kanto owns the legendary Arceus. If this event is post-Elite 4 then you'd think that at that stage, Cynthia will have already been overthrown as Elite 4 Champion in Sinnoh. This being the case, she has the time on her hands to visit Gold/Soul in order to witness this event.

Maybe the context of the event is that Cynthia knows of a temple/shrine within Johto/Kanto where Arceus is said to be able to bring Dialga, Palkia and Giratina into existence. In the knowledge that the protagonist of HGSS now owns Arceus, Cynthia finds it vital to inform them that they can allow Arceus to perform this ritual.

That's my 'speculation' anyway, which is in fact relevant to the confirmed info, so I feel it should go here lol.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Well, considering that the DPPt story is supposedly more-or-less concurrent with the HGSS one, it could be that Cynthia has heard that a trainer travelling around Johto or Kanto owns the legendary Arceus. If this event is post-Elite 4 then you'd think that at that stage, Cynthia will have already been overthrown as Elite 4 Champion in Sinnoh. This being the case, she has the time on her hands to visit Gold/Soul in order to witness this event.

Maybe the context of the event is that Cynthia knows of a temple/shrine within Johto/Kanto where Arceus is said to be able to bring Dialga, Palkia and Giratina into existence. In the knowledge that the protagonist of HGSS now owns Arceus, Cynthia finds it vital to inform them that they can allow Arceus to perform this ritual.

That's my 'speculation' anyway, which is in fact relevant to the confirmed info, so I feel it should go here lol.

Possibly this is actually the Pikachu-colored Pichu event? I mean we're talking about a character in the new movie showing up, and then all of a sudden Arceus appearing in Johto... seems like there could be a connection...

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Man this game is going to be so exciting with all this random, confusing information. Rival looks like a girl though, and from the picture of you vs him, apparently they aren't using any new backgrounds for the battles.
I don't get why groudon/kyogre/rayquaza are in this game though... especially if they do end up to be roaming pokemon.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
Man this game is going to be so exciting with all this random, confusing information. Rival looks like a girl though, and from the picture of you vs him, apparently they aren't using any new backgrounds for the battles.
I don't get why groudon/kyogre/rayquaza are in this game though... especially if they do end up to be roaming pokemon.

As I said before, the DSi has no GBA Slot.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I noticed that too. Silver looks a bit "feminine".

Regarding Groudon & Kyogre. They will NEVER end up as roaming Pokémon. Just simply imagine Kyogre; there's not much water in Johto, unless you're going to fish for it.

Also, finding them might be similar in Emerald instead of a set location. I know there's no Weather Institute but hey, there's a TV/Radio...

halloweenghost

I noticed that too. Silver looks a bit "feminine".

Regarding Groudon & Kyogre. They will NEVER end up as roaming Pokémon. Just simply imagine Kyogre; there's not much water in Johto, unless you're going to fish for it.

Also, finding them might be similar in Emerald instead of a set location. I know there's no Weather Institute but hey, there's a TV/Radio...

Sounds like how it will be done to me.. weather radio reports :)

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Na this is the Movie Arceus event definitely. The caption to the right mentions Level and we can see parts of the names of Dialga, Palkia & Giratina so this seems legit

I don't know, I can really see it going either way though :/ From what we've seen, it doesn't specifically mention the movie arceus, and ontop of that, by the way it's worded (and the fact that there is only arceus and cynthia in the picture w/o the respective trainer) It leads me to think that they are not saying that you already own Arceus, but that you get to witness Arceus... that's just what i get out of it though, it could be either way :/

Edit: Going against what I said though, there is also no PCP in the picture, so who knows how it will happen :p

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I don't know, I can really see it going either way though :/ From what we've seen, it doesn't specifically mention the movie arceus, and ontop of that, by the way it's worded (and the fact that there is only arceus and cynthia in the picture w/o the respective trainer) It leads me to think that they are not saying that you already own Arceus, but that you get to witness Arceus... that's just what i get out of it though, it could be either way :/

Edit: Going against what I said though, there is also no PCP in the picture, so who knows how it will happen :p
Perhaps. Guess we just need bigger scans. Do sort of wish the peeps that got it early wouldn't release tiny cropped pics and would just go the full hog.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Perhaps. Guess we just need bigger scans. Do sort of wish the peeps that got it early wouldn't release tiny cropped pics and would just go the full hog.

Yeah lol XD I personally would like to strangle the person who decided to take a fuzzy picture of that one picture and decided to still post it instead of re-taking it because of how blurry it was... Nearly the only thing it showed was a shot of Cynthia and a description of (from what we can tell from the side) a description of lvl 1 Dialga, Palkia, Giratina ;_; I wonder what else we aren't able to see in there :/ I really hope a better image of that surfaces soon... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.