• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

ZOMG, Silver is Roark's twin brother! Silver got bitter about the fact that Roark was a gym leader and he wasn't, so he ran away from home, went to Johto and broke into Elm's lab so that one day he could surpass his own brother. It all makes sense now!

So now I guess we all know what became of Giovanni following the events of Fr/Lg...

giovannibyron.png

Witness protection.

R_N

Wow. Jirachi too? Lets phase out gen 3 yay! Seriously though now with all the gen 3 legends and gen 2 legends I can only assume 2 regions are needed. And what would the other region be? Kanto! Like we didn't know it already. Anyway...
http://i40.*******.com/2r469sx.jpg
Doubt it, Mars (& Jupiter) want to get it on with Cyrus. And if DPt really takes place around the same time as HGSSGSC doubt there'd be enough time....
EDIT: And moar like we're totally going to Hoenn, guyz oh em gee

Judging from the bottom pictures, perhaps Jirachi will be an award for something or other in that new WiiWare game?
Actually, wait, that whole page is about that WiiWare game, the title's at the top and everything. Jirachi award=very neat

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
Gee. What a perfect day for me to take a two-day break from the forums.
Well, mass 10-page wall o text comment spree...

I BET NOBODY WILL READ ANY OF THIS! =D

To start, I will quote this image for reference since many of you probably don't even remember it from yesterday.

imo the Pikachu on the DSi screen looks like an updated version of the G/S/C sprite.
Well for one, you can see one ear seems tilted, and one ear seems to go up, completely eliminating that possibility.

I wont mind if the walker is not going to raise the price of the game. If it is, I hope there is a way to get SS without it. (And I mean for opening week games. I imagine that they would definitely be separate eventually, and I'll buy the game regardless. I just dont want to pay for an accessory I wont use.)
Why would you pay extra? It's no extra in japan. =|

Odd. In that picture, I think it must be the female Pikachu sprite. The tail looks a little bit curved, and one of the ears is crooked.
The image is 12 pixels long at best. :|
You can't possibly tell that.

Pokemon that can follow you around will proably have a size limit making pokemon like wailord o___O Not be able to walk behind you.
....DUH. =/

I've been messingaround with the perspective tool on GIMP to see what the sprite looks like. It's definitly not from Pt.
I'm a little aprehensive about posting this pic because of low quality, but here it is.
HGSSPikachuspriteQM.jpg

If you look very closley, you can see that it is leaning foward, almost like it is in its FrLg Sugimori artwork, but a little more straight up.
Note that the DSi is on an angle. It'd make it look like Pikachu is as well. It's not... The only real seeable difference from that pic is it seems to have one arm forward-ish.

It makes me wonder why the Pokewalker uses the DP sprite for Pikachu, then. :/

Unless that was only promotional and not the actual sprite being used...?
The PokeWalker was probably being worked on before the sprites were finalized. That prototype was just probably not changed to have the new sprites or anything.
You and your links that last one day before getting deleted.
You should really Imageshack these pics or something.
I can infer what pic this is from future comments (and that I saw the pic on the main page) but all the deleted links. =|

Over on Pokebeach someone translated it, apperently after you beat the E4 Groudon and Kyorge become roaming pokemon, after you catch them you transfer one over to the other game and then Rayquaza will become a roaming pokemon.
The PokeBeach page doesn't mention roaming...

New pictre. Elm, Silver & Rocket Grunt

scan0609.jpg
Yay! Uploaded pics! *Huggles*

I find it weird how Kyorge becomes a roaming pokemon, isn't it a fish, how doe it roam on land? I reckon you can only find it in the sea.
...Well yeah. Of course it'll be in the sea. That's what it did in Emerald. Why not? =/

Now that I think about it, HOW can a Groudon roam in grass? What does it walk at, 2 mph?

"Wild Groudon fled!"
*Takes one step forward*
"Wild Groudon appeared!"

Pokebeach translated it and found roaming so yeah.
I don't see roaming. Check.
Anyone else notice that the battle scenes look exactly like D/P/Pt, now thats a bit boring.
We don't even see the life bars yet. There's no way we can tell...

Edit: also doesn't Silver's sprite look familiar to anyone else too? I'm think Lucas in Pt.
...Not really.
Looks like a mix between these:
armout.png

Although as seen by the bottom sprites... "one arm out" is a really general pose. It's in a bunch of games. You can't exactly classify it as copying one thing or another.
Damn the broken Japanese links.

However, it makes me wonder what'd bring these two legendaries to Kanto/Johto of all places.
Random traveling? Well, for Kyogre at least, it's all one ocean.

Look:
rival-elm-hgss.jpg

What part of Johto is that thing?
What "thing" exactly?

I have a question...what is that Pokeball Silver is holding in his pic...it looks like it could be a Gret Ball or a Lure Ball
Seems to be a Great Ball.

I just realized!! Groudon would be great for Cinnibar islands explosion! And maybe Entei probably not. He and Kyogre would have something to do with it like the exploded crater filling with rain after the fight!!!!!
...No. The Eruption was a natural one in G/S/C. Theres no reason that'd change.

I noticed that too. Silver looks a bit "feminine".
Not if you look at him the right way... He looks more masculine...
silvercloseup.png

...IMO at least.

by the way it's worded (and the fact that there is only arceus and cynthia in the picture w/o the respective trainer) It leads me to think that they are not saying that you already own Arceus, but that you get to witness Arceus... that's just what i get out of it though, it could be either way :/
This may sound like one of those bad ideas some noob posts, but...
Perhaps you temporarily control the Arceus in the middle of the screen? Or maybe temporarily control Cynthia... Or maybe it's just a vision? Isn't you going to Newmoon Island in D/P/Pt with the member's pass techinchally a dream? Though you still keep the Darkrai you catch.
Who knows.

Regarding Groudon and Kyogre...

I would think that since HeartGold comes before SoulSilver and Ruby comes before Sapphire that HeartGold would have the Ruby Pokemon while SoulSilver would have the Sapphire Pokemon.
Exactly.

It's HeartGold and SoulSilver.
It's Ruby and Sapphire.

If HeartGold matches up with Ruby, why would you get the Ruby Pokemon? They're busy living it up in Ruby Version. You get the one that seemingly disappeared or seems nonexistent. Ruby Version's Kyogre swam to Johto.

I don't get the point of pokewalker though... >_> It's a pedometer, that levels your pokemon up for you. So you can level up pokemon while walking?? What? Are they trying to make pokemon permeate more than just the free time you have?
It's the same thing as when Pokemon gain EXP when you you walk while they are in teh Day Care. Just in real life. To promote exercise...

In GSC the female grunts were based on Cassidy from the anime but now they're the same as FRLG...
Well the outfits look similar, but the face & hair look different. Also, she seems to have a Great Ball on her belt for some reason...

But since this is all post-national dex, there prolly won't be new sprites for them. :(
Well, the fact that they are apprently involved in some big event may give them a change. Why not?

Sorry, Double post.
...Delete the post than. =|

Seafoam for Kyogre and Cinnabar for Groudon...Maybe...And for Rayquaza...Maybe you can catch it somewhere beyong Mt.Silver after beating Red? :\
This is my opinion just :)
Blane's Gym is on Seafoam...

I'm hearing talk of Mewtwo on this thread, is that confirmed or rumor?
People guessing.

This will be the first time another Region's Legendary Trio will be available in another Region's game without an event
...Fr/Lg has the Legendary Beasts.
Platinum had the Legendary Birds...

...?

EDIT: A Page in Coro-Coro says that they will be encountered in the wild, however this is not confirmed yet.
...If they aren't found in the wild than how the hell would you catch them?
"Wild" doesn't mean grass.

When i loged on this morning, i first saw the news that Groudon and Kyroge, and Rayquaza was going to reeapper in HG/SS:

I was this:

Oh my f**k'in gosh. This game is now of Epic Porportions
I just kind of raised my eyebrows and went... "Huh. Cool."
Read it... Than did something else.

Which would mean to show that a second page so I think there is more.
...Wha? o_O
That made no sense.

Somebody in another forum raised an interesting point: Which Giratina will Arceus create? Will it be the Altered Forme, as it won't be holding a Platinum Orb neither will be in Distortion World, or will it be Origin Forme, as it's, huh, its original self? What if it's Origintina, and that it *gasp* allows you to hold an item different from Platinum Orb?
Perhaps Giratina is in Origin Forme in that weird... Wherever the hell you are. And it turns back into Altered Forme when you go back to Johto... Who says Giratina is in Origin Forme ONLY in the Distortion World (and when holding the Griceous Orb)? I believe it's said it switched forms mainly due to the gravity change? It could easily become Origin Forme in other areas too...

is it right that Famitsu in next week, will have pictures of a new Pokémon game. not the Melee: Pokémon Scramble, but a remakes of Gale of Darkness og Coloseum or a brand new pokémon games?
...Fake? That seems out of nowhere and has no real source backing it up.

Also level 1 legendaries? That doesn't really appeal to me. I've already got 2 Dialga, 2 Palkia, and 2 Giratina. Plus level 1 is so low.
*Cough Regigigas*

Are they suddenly going to force a movie Giratina down our throat too next??? I can hear them now: "Oh I'm sorry. The only way to get the Griseous Orb in HGSS is to get it with the Giratina from out movie event."
Seeing how the Giratina Movie already passed... *Shot*

if they had eggs they would be like the first main legends to do that too. i wouldnt want to imagine the size of the eggs though, and the running around with it to hatch it.
The Legendary Birds had eggs in Pokemon Snap. No real problem...

Lugia is NOT a water type, just to let you know that.
It's often associated with the ocran however.

i just hope they dont need you to use a "HG Kyogre" and a "SS Groundon" in order to activate the Rayquaza event. Any kyogre and groundon should work.
Well, it would be kinda weird still having Kyogre or Groudon run around Johto/Kanto when Rayqyaza appears. Even if you don't need to have a Hg/Ss caught legend, I'm pretty sure you'd still need to at least catch the one in your game before the plot would advance...

If I recall correctly, Movie Regigigas and Movie Shaymin didn't have that dreadful Classic Ribbon, so they can be gotten using the GTS. I don't use it much, but I believe it must be pretty easy to get one. Probably Arceus and NEP Pichu won't have the Ribbon either, so anyone can get a copy for... free.
Only Regigigas didn't have the Ribbon. And IIRC it's been confirmed both Arceus and Pichu do have it.

On the Kanto being in this game stuff... I wouldn't put all my bets on that...
There's no way they can remove Kanto from the game. =/
For one the Elite Four is in Kanto.

I am starting to think that the rumor of Silver being Giovanni's son will come true,
..."Rumor"? Since when wasn't it fact?

that doesn't makes them water and fire types... >_>

It's like saying Rayquaza is rock type because the Sky Pillar is made from rock or that Mewtwo is Rock type because it's in a cave...
Not really... As Mewtwo isn't really associated with Rocks.

Lugia is very commonly associated with the ocean. In fact it's called "the beast of the sea". Kinda like how Gligar is often mistaken for a Poison-type.

Bwahahahaha! I actually got a chuckle from that.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/slowkingsley/476520.jpg

As mentioned earlier Jirachi appears to have some role. Basically the talk on 2ch is that there is a Jirachi download starting from the 19/6, that when traded to HGSS unlocks something that seems to be related to the Pokewalker.

Edit: Other link died so put on photobucket
19/6?

Just a little more info I extracted. It is lv 5 and knows the move Draco Meteor.
I can understand "meteor"...
But Draco Meteor? =3
Will it also know Meteor Mash? =/

Do I spy Melee! Pokemon Scramble! pics on the bottom...?
Edit: Beaten to that, apparently.
http://i40.*******.com/2r469sx.jpg
Old already.

It seems that this thread is getting a post a minute, and has grown by more than 10 pages in a matter of days, wow.
Two days, to be exact.
Technically, a day and a half.

AND FINALLY, I'M DONE!
*Goes to edit in a few posts that were typed while I was typing this for a half hour*

Edit quotes:
Less than I expected... *Ahem*
I wonder if they'll still have the shiny Gyarados thing.
Why wouldn't they? It was a major plot point.
And since they are remaking G/S, does that mean they might do a Crystal remake too?
They don't really have a reason to remake the 3rd.

So now I guess we all know what became of Giovanni following the events of Fr/Lg...

giovannibyron.png

Witness protection.
Hehehe. I actually found that quite funny too. =P

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Is it me? Or is Gold and Silver gonna get even more epic?

I also chuckled at the Giovanni = Byron and Silver = Rorak.

Gee. What a perfect day for me to take a two-day break from the forums.
Well, mass 10-page wall o text comment spree...

I BET NOBODY WILL READ ANY OF THIS! =D

To start, I will quote this image for reference since many of you probably don't even remember it from yesterday.

Well for one, you can see one ear seems tilted, and one ear seems to go up, completely eliminating that possibility.

Why would you pay extra? It's no extra in japan. =|

The image is 12 pixels long at best. :|
You can't possibly tell that.

....DUH. =/

Note that the DSi is on an angle. It'd make it look like Pikachu is as well. It's not... The only real seeable difference from that pic is it seems to have one arm forward-ish.

The PokeWalker was probably being worked on before the sprites were finalized. That prototype was just probably not changed to have the new sprites or anything.

You and your links that last one day before getting deleted.
You should really Imageshack these pics or something.
I can infer what pic this is from future comments (and that I saw the pic on the main page) but all the deleted links. =|

The PokeBeach page doesn't mention roaming...

Yay! Uploaded pics! *Huggles*

...Well yeah. Of course it'll be in the sea. That's what it did in Emerald. Why not? =/

Now that I think about it, HOW can a Groudon roam in grass? What does it walk at, 2 mph?

"Wild Groudon fled!"
*Takes one step forward*
"Wild Groudon appeared!"

I don't see roaming. Check.

We don't even see the life bars yet. There's no way we can tell...

...Not really.
Looks like a mix between these:
armout.png

Although as seen by the bottom sprites... "one arm out" is a really general pose. It's in a bunch of games. You can't exactly classify it as copying one thing or another.

Damn the broken Japanese links.

Random traveling? Well, for Kyogre at least, it's all one ocean.

What "thing" exactly?

Seems to be a Great Ball.

...No. The Eruption was a natural one in G/S/C. Theres no reason that'd change.

Not if you look at him the right way... He looks more masculine...
silvercloseup.png

...IMO at least.

This may sound like one of those bad ideas some noob posts, but...
Perhaps you temporarily control the Arceus in the middle of the screen? Or maybe temporarily control Cynthia... Or maybe it's just a vision? Isn't you going to Newmoon Island in D/P/Pt with the member's pass techinchally a dream? Though you still keep the Darkrai you catch.
Who knows.

Exactly.

It's HeartGold and SoulSilver.
It's Ruby and Sapphire.

If HeartGold matches up with Ruby, why would you get the Ruby Pokemon? They're busy living it up in Ruby Version. You get the one that seemingly disappeared or seems nonexistent. Ruby Version's Kyogre swam to Johto.

It's the same thing as when Pokemon gain EXP when you you walk while they are in teh Day Care. Just in real life. To promote exercise...

Well the outfits look similar, but the face & hair look different. Also, she seems to have a Great Ball on her belt for some reason...

Well, the fact that they are apprently involved in some big event may give them a change. Why not?

...Delete the post than. =|

Blane's Gym is on Seafoam...

People guessing.

...Fr/Lg has the Legendary Beasts.
Platinum had the Legendary Birds...

...?

...If they aren't found in the wild than how the hell would you catch them?
"Wild" doesn't mean grass.

I just kind of raised my eyebrows and went... "Huh. Cool."
Read it... Than did something else.

...Wha? o_O
That made no sense.

Perhaps Giratina is in Origin Forme in that weird... Wherever the hell you are. And it turns back into Altered Forme when you go back to Johto... Who says Giratina is in Origin Forme ONLY in the Distortion World (and when holding the Griceous Orb)? I believe it's said it switched forms mainly due to the gravity change? It could easily become Origin Forme in other areas too...

...Fake? That seems out of nowhere and has no real source backing it up.

*Cough Regigigas*

Seeing how the Giratina Movie already passed... *Shot*

The Legendary Birds had eggs in Pokemon Snap. No real problem...

It's often associated with the ocran however.

Well, it would be kinda weird still having Kyogre or Groudon run around Johto/Kanto when Rayqyaza appears. Even if you don't need to have a Hg/Ss caught legend, I'm pretty sure you'd still need to at least catch the one in your game before the plot would advance...

Only Regigigas didn't have the Ribbon. And IIRC it's been confirmed both Arceus and Pichu do have it.

There's no way they can remove Kanto from the game. =/
For one the Elite Four is in Kanto.

..."Rumor"? Since when wasn't it fact?

Not really... As Mewtwo isn't really associated with Rocks.

Lugia is very commonly associated with the ocean. In fact it's called "the beast of the sea". Kinda like how Gligar is often mistaken for a Poison-type.

Bwahahahaha! I actually got a chuckle from that.

19/6?

I can understand "meteor"...
But Draco Meteor? =3
Will it also know Meteor Mash? =/

Do I spy Melee! Pokemon Scramble! pics on the bottom...?
Edit: Beaten to that, apparently.
Old already.

Two days, to be exact.
Technically, a day and a half.

AND FINALLY, I'M DONE!
*Goes to edit in a few posts that were typed while I was typing this for a half hour*

Edit quotes:
Less than I expected... *Ahem*

Why wouldn't they? It was a major plot point.

They don't really have a reason to remake the 3rd.

Hehehe. I actually found that quite funny too. =P
I r quoteing teh epics post !!!111!!!!@!!@3!!11!!

Joezay

L.A. Creation
I agree with m190049 that the Red Gyarados should be included in the remakes - it was imperative to the plot, and plus it also gets mentioned in D/P/Pt, so it would seem to only make sense to include it.

Knightmare

Yep. That's one of the four Whirl islands.

I kinda figured that but I wasn't completely sure.

It just seems a little odd looking or out of place
but that's really the only thing that makes sense anyway.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I kinda figured that but I wasn't completely sure.

It just seems a little odd looking or out of place
but that's really the only thing that makes sense anyway.

It looks odd because these characters are blocking the whole map. And yes, no matter what other people say, it IS one of the Whirl Islands (see Cianwood to the left, Olivine to the north, Nat'l Park to the northeast)...

CoroCoro really is LegendFest '09 this month lol

Do you have the rest of the scans in your possession now?

FireHuntererL

I love the idea of having many legendaries in the game, but I hate the idea of being unable to obtain them. >_>

Where I live, I've got no movie events, no Toys r Us events, just WiFi.
Bleah.

I'm not bothered by Arceus at all, but I seriously hope Jirachi is given out via WiFi for the english versions and not some other event. :/
EDIT:

So there's a possibility of it being given out with that Wiiware thing? Darn, I don't have a Wii too. :/

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
m19, it was never confirmed whether or not Silver was Giovanni's son in the games. Only in the manga.
"Your... your not Giovanni's kid are you? NO, Giovanni's kid has Red Hair! AWAY WITH YOU!" ~ 5 Island Scientist.

Offical enough to make people belive that Silver is Giovanni's kid.
If the Sevii Islands return. Wouldn't it be cool to beat the scientist, have him ramble on about what happend 3 years ago, and the have Silver rush in?

That, would be the pinnacle of epic.

"Your... your not Giovanni's kid are you? NO, Giovanni's kid has Red Hair! AWAY WITH YOU!" ~ 5 Island Scientist.

If the Sevii Islands return. Wouldn't it be cool to beat the scientist, have him ramble on about what happend 3 years ago, and the have Silver rush in?

It's still not official. It never was. It is hinted to, not confirmed.

Knightmare

Lance has red hair too...
but I'm just saying that for the heck of it, not to disagree haha..

That would be really cool if it all came together at some point in a subtle way like that though o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.