• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CONFIRMED Info Discussion Topic-- CoroCoro/Famitsu/Pokemon Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
The box art is awesome! I said I wouldn't be importing, but I'm becoming more and more tempted. The Poke Walker might be hard to use though if I couldn't read it. Hmmm.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
don't forget though that JP GBA boxes were a different design all together. they were like rectangular weren't they.
DPPt's boxes seem to be the same as everywhere else's, and since these boxes aren't traditional DS boxes because of the walker, there's no reason they won't be kept the same.

i'm intrigued by how these boxes are different to traditional DS boxes, is this just some cardboard with the usual box inside and the walker, which can be sold seperately and is therefore in its own plastic packaging....? most likely.

Last edited:

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
Can I just say something:

On the confirmed info thread there are some translations at the bottom that a member did. One of the trasnlations mentions Gym Leaders Chuck and Earl....ummm....?

yeah, it will probably be the same as the very first packaging or "preorder" packaging of the US Plat. its a cardboad box, the actual DS box inside, then the extra (Pokewalk or figure) in plastic wrap.

CharZard

Beginning Trainer
No, it will most likely be like the Japanese FireRed/LeafGreen box- A cardboard insert with space for the cartridge and the Wireless Adapter in plastic wrap, but no extra box.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Can I just say something:

On the confirmed info thread there are some translations at the bottom that a member did. One of the trasnlations mentions Gym Leaders Chuck and Earl....ummm....?

That was for a while ago, it's already over :p

From what it seems, normally the outer box is just for looks and to hold the other item. Inside there will most definately be a normal DS case with the cartridge in it.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
It should just be a cardboard box that holds a normal casing like all ds games and seperate packaging for the pokewalk. If it was not then it would be a smaller box.

CharZard

Beginning Trainer
That was for a while ago, it's already over :p

From what it seems, normally the outer box is just for looks and to hold the other item. Inside there will most definately be a normal DS case with the cartridge in it.

You're right- I'd forgotten that DS cases are not made from cardboard, as GBA cases are,so there will most likely be a normal DS case inside. I just hope that that cartridge itself is reflective also, like Diamond and Pearl (Japanese versions). The "holographic" quality was removed from the English versions of the game, I think.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
You're right- I'd forgotten that DS cases are not made from cardboard, as GBA cases are,so there will most likely be a normal DS case inside. I just hope that that cartridge itself is reflective also, like Diamond and Pearl (Japanese versions). The "holographic" quality was removed from the English versions of the game, I think.

Yeah, I really like that touch that they put on it, I really hope that they continue it :) I hope they eventually give us a look at the actual cases themselves though ^^ English versions should do it too :eek: :( I actually can't remember, but I think you are right :/

Then who is Earl lol...?

He was the guy who dances around like a maniac lol ^^ He apparently runs the Pokemon Cram School (I can't remember the translated name :/ ) It's quite a few pages back, but I don't think anyone actually bothered to record the video of him because it's really pointless... :p

Last edited:

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
The box art is awesome! I said I wouldn't be importing, but I'm becoming more and more tempted. The Poke Walker might be hard to use though if I couldn't read it. Hmmm.

Yea finally seeing it in the flesh is exhilarating. I really do wonder what special attacks jirachi will get...

Arceus/pichu/jirachi based events

Really packing it in...

This game is going to be so nice, if only we could see abit more of the gameplay, so we can actually do judge accurately how the game is.

The art of Gold in the back is pretty good...
I don't know why, i guess i just like simplified, younger looking chars like they do in pokemon adventures...
The art looks great, real eyecatch for me atleast.

I really wanna see some battles to see if the attacks have changed at all.

I hope there's a battle frontier too.

Yea what i stated was i want a battle sequence
And a battle frontier would be something to do after the analogy to the sevii islands. It's unlikely but plausible depending on how much they wanna pack in the game. Or they could be busy enough with the kanto part/new pokemon/new sprites/and pokemon distributions that they can't do it

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Who is Earl?

He's the awesome guy who lives in Violet City and runs the Pokemon Trainer's School there in GSC. You find him standing by the Gym (I think) and he asks you (in broken dialect, think Yoda lol) if you've beaten the Gym. If you say no, he guides you to his Academy while stopping to spin a lot lol.

EDIT: Here he is in Stadium 2, and he appears on Crystal in this video.

Last edited:

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
I really wanna see some battles to see if the attacks have changed at all.

I hope there's a battle frontier too.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
I like the new box art but it sucks that they are including the pokewalk thing which i could care less for. That will mean it will probably cost more. Oh well i'll buy it regardless.;)

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
I wonder if or what Jirachi has to do with the game...I hope we can catch it in-game. I doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.