• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION+READ 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

Discuss the confirmed info from scans/Pokemon Sunday/etc ONLY. Any ideas or speculation belong in other threads in the forum.

Scans and info can be seen in here

Rules.

1. Don't spam!
  2. Don't link to anything that lets people watch Pokemon Sunday Online
  3. Stop discussing/linking to 2ch.
  4. Posts like "gosh, i wish we had more scans out so we could discuss something" are spam, and you will receive an infraction.
  5. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, use the report button (
    report.gif
    )!
Failure to comply with the rules will result in you receive a warning ([img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/buttons/yellowcard.gif[/img139])

Last edited by a moderator:
The lake of rage looks a lot bigger than it was!
Also I am glad that the touch screen is being incorporated more. Nice to know HGSS will not be a copy of DPPt in terms of game animations and such.

Bardische

Elegance.
Okay, here we go.

The Lake of Rage: In G/S, the lake wasn't all that exciting other than the Red Gyarados in the lake. But after that, it only becomes swarmed with trainers and if I recall, only Magikarp and Gyarados can be encountered there.

This time, it's raining and it obviously received a really large update. The distance from the Gyarados' place from that patch of land in the video got a noticeable difference. It's also very confusing if the Gyarados is actually moving around the lake while the player was moving, or it was stationary, but only had the ability to face in all 8 directions in one place.

I also hope no one discusses the Drizzle or Volt Absorb thing any further here. It's really pointless, and shouldn't be discussed in any way at all. Please guys, for now, just stay with the fact that all Gyarados have Intimidate, hmm?

Also, the generic surfing sprite is used once again, and I have a theory why they used that instead of the sprites they will obviously make for each Pokemon: if ever they did have any Pokemon that can use Surf have it's sprite be used instead of the generic one, hackers can tamper with it and replace the surfing Pokemon with another Pokemon's sprite, most probably a Pokemon that isn't able to Surf in the first place. It could ruin the game in any way it that ever happened.

Oh my god, I hope this is a valid comment :<

Chimchar15

Well I just love the rain at the lake of rage and red gyarados is awesome! I love gyarados' pose and I don't mind the fact that the pokemon using surf has the same generic look. I love all of new things being added to the game.

Last edited:

Skirgedot

I just don't get it. It's raining and people go immediately to Drizzle? C'mon guys, open your possibilities. Clearly they just want to create areas with outside weather in Johto too. Lake of Rage sounds a nice place to rain, doesn't it? So let it be that way. And for the ones who didn't get it: VOLT ABSORB WAS MENTIONED BY SOMEONE AS THE PERFECT ABILITY TO GYARADOS. OBVIOUSLY IT WAS A JOKE.

Totodilekid

The rain is probably only there to show the spooky, omg whats going on kind of feeling everybody felt at the lake when the gyarados first appeared. It also is a lake, and if the lake near my cabin (vacation, not home) is like most lakes, it rains alot at them. So, I doubt the rain really has anything to do with the story.

Chaos Rush

Well I just love the rain at the lake of rage and red gyarados is awesome!
Did you even read the first post?

Anyways, judging by the size of the Lake of Rage in comparison to the original, they're going to make Johto much longer to get through. Also has anyone noticed that in the Johto map we have so far, you could see little rivers filling the maze at Lake of Rage? I wonder if that's just me or if that's actually a change they made (such as the river running from Blackthorn to New Bark).

And the building next to the Radio Tower IS NOT the Pokethlon place right? Because the GTS must stay...

Totodilekid

Anyways, judging by the size of the Lake of Rage in comparison to the original, they're going to make Johto much longer to get through. Also has anyone noticed that in the Johto map we have so far, you could see little rivers filling the maze at Lake of Rage? I wonder if that's just me or if that's actually a change they made (such as the river running from Blackthorn to New Bark).

And the building next to the Radio Tower IS NOT the Pokethlon place right? Because the GTS must stay...

isn't the pokethalon next to the national park? I think thats where it was confirmed there. I hope that all the new rivers and stuff are actually in the game

R_N

As I think several people clarified the other night, that place is the area next to National Park.

As for the GTS, I could still see it being either that building, perhaps in the pokethlon place, or maybe just somewhere in Kanto (for whatever reason).
I mean I highly doubt it won't be in the game. It'd be neat if the pokemon centers incorporated it (instead of the time machine).

ooo that gives me an idea for the speculation thread

Also, the generic surfing sprite is used once again, and I have a theory why they used that instead of the sprites they will obviously make for each Pokemon: if ever they did have any Pokemon that can use Surf have it's sprite be used instead of the generic one, hackers can tamper with it and replace the surfing Pokemon with another Pokemon's sprite, most probably a Pokemon that isn't able to Surf in the first place. It could ruin the game in any way it that ever happened.

Hmm? I don't get it. How would a hacker summon a sprite different than the pokémon being used? It doesn't make sense. If they could do so with Surf, they would also do it with any other overworld sprite. The most logical conclusion is that the Surfing pokémon doesn't really have to be shown, as you're above it, and most of it is underwater as it's swimming. Not only that, but lol Marill. It would be REALLY ankward. We can also conclude there will be no special sprites for Fly; it may be only your DPPt flying shadow. Seriously, SMEARGLE can Fly since GSC, can you imagine a Smeargle flying?

I just don't get it. It's raining and people go immediately to Drizzle? C'mon guys, open your possibilities. Clearly they just want to create areas with outside weather in Johto too. Lake of Rage sounds a nice place to rain, doesn't it? So let it be that way. And for the ones who didn't get it: VOLT ABSORB WAS MENTIONED BY SOMEONE AS THE PERFECT ABILITY TO GYARADOS. OBVIOUSLY IT WAS A JOKE.

Were people REALLY discussing what I said before? God, can't they see it was just a silly example? :/

FilipeKC

perfect storm
LMAO Finally a new thread. I hope people stick to the rules this time around xD

Anywho, on topic, I LOVE that it's raining on the Lake Of Rage, hope they include a few more weather effects through Johto and Kanto too, don't wanna say where 'cause I don't wanna get grilled, but somebody said on the other topic to have wind and heavy rain on the Whirlwind Island, which would be awesome and very fitting. Can't imagine other places though.

Hoenn is very unlikely to be in, considering how anyone can add a description.

All I want from these scans is information on the legendaries. I also wonder what else they will include.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
I was just sent this link on Twitter: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-3guk.html

What's up with Hoenn? is that a speculation/lie?

The traveling to Hoenn thing is already a lie in it's own right. It's just that one fact that makes that information really stupid. Also, there's no Dark-type Gym Leader in the Hoenn games. There was an NPC that uses Dark-type, and that was Sidney, but he was in the E4 O_____o

Tell to whoever sent that, they can burn themselves alive. We don't need information like that. SERIOUSLY.

Adz

Poke Knight
I was just sent this link on Twitter: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-3guk.html

What's up with Hoenn? is that a speculation/lie?

I wouldn't be building up my hopes if I was you at all! Hoenn definately wont be making any sort of appearance. Mainly because we already have two regions....3 would be a serious overload!! Also your source doesn't seem, overly reliable!! Apparently they were first released in "2,000" Maybe it's just me but...i have never seen a comma used in a year before!! :/

Anyway I think the shiny Gyarados revelation is very interesting and whether it has a new ability or not, i think we should just be grateful that they even kept it in the games. Not that they were ever going to get rid of it anyway but you just never know with Pokemon. Anything can happen!! Ther is not much else you can discuss on the lake. There is only so many times people want to read OMG the lake is bigger or OMG Red Gyarados... I guess I have just added to that now too!! But seriously guys if you see someone has posted something already then dont repost it again unless your going to add an opinion. Otherwise this thread will fill up with 200+ pages of OMG Red Gyarados overnight!! ;)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Wonder why the thread got remade. Ah, well.

Anyway, I saw the Red Gyarados battle clip from Pokemon Sunday. And heard the battle music. One of the major reasons I look forward to these games are the remixes of Johto music. If what you hear there is any indication of things to come, Nintendo will not disappoint.

And yeah, seriously, I am surprised at how many people are jumping to the ridiculous conclusion that the Red Gyarados has Drizzle, just because it's raining. It's a lake, people. Believe it or not, it actually does rain over lakes! Y'know, without the need for a Pokemon to use some special power to make it so.

I read the first post, and therefore know that posts that whine about the lack of scans will be infracted, but I simply need to friggin' know! When can we expect more scans? Let's be realistic, here, folks. HeartGold and SoulSilver are much more than Pokemon games. They represent a glimmer of hope that the Nintendo and GameFreak high-ups actually care about what the fans want, even if it does translate to what would make them more money. G/S remakes have been on the fandom's wishlist since not long after FR/LG. Heck, Bulbapedia even had a page composed solely of speculation that there were many subtle hints that alluded to the possibility of a GS remake. It is a mark of the fandom's severe thirst for GS remakes that Bulbapedia kept that page in the mainspace, or even kept it at all. So of course we'll be wanting to have as much information as humanly possible on aforementioned remakes, especially since they're actually happening. There are so many questions to be answered- is there gonna be the Battle Tower? Legendary gerbils' special battle music? GTS? Kanto? Mewtwo? And who knows what else. Bottom line, though this thread ain't for whining about lack of scans, one can hardly blame one for whining about a lack of scans.

Also, I find the presence of Eusine in the game significant, as it hints that other Crystal elements will be included as well.

Now, a question. Was it ever 100% confirmed that the Lati siblings and Mewtwo are in the game, or is that still a rumor?

On Mewtwo and Latibros, still a rumor.

And again, HGSS being made doesn't mean Game Freak cares about us. Did they "heard us out" when they made Fire Red/Leaf Green? No. They created a game (actually, two, but whatever) so those little children who never played the originals would have a chance to do so (and Game Freak makes money), the veterans would have a way to live up the "old days" (and Game Freak makes more money), and those who didn't care about going to Kanto but wanted the non-Hoenn pokémon would have a way to get them (and Game Freak makes more money yet again).

HGSS is the same thing; while there's no truly exclusive pokémon to those remakes (except for Celebi, in a sense), they will make money for pretty much the same reasons. Little kids will finally have a chance to go to Johto, grown-ups will live up the old days, and those who think Johto sucks (REVEAL YOURSELVES, HERETICS) will get an easier way to have the Johto legendaries and such.

And Game Freak keeps on printing money to Nintendo.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Now, a question. Was it ever 100% confirmed that the Lati siblings and Mewtwo are in the game, or is that still a rumor?

It's still a rumor. We haven't seen any videos, images, or articles from any official sources that can confirm it. So, be careful. Some sites might already claim that it's 100% true.

chikoritalover16

A new thread. Let's hope this one doesn't end up having 300+ pages.

Moving on: The PS clip looks amazing. Much better than the crap we've been getting for the past two weeks. Pokeathlon looks fun and amusing and a good way to kill time when bored.

The new Gyrados sprite: I love it! Different from most of the others, but an extremely awesome and good different. I think the rain is a nice touch at the lake, especially since there was OW weather effects in the original games.

Quick question: By rule no. 3 (Pokemon Sunday watching), does that just refer for when it airs live, or does it mean no links to YouTube/filb/whatever at all?

Defy gravity!
;152;

Skirgedot

Question: By rule no. 3 (Pokemon Sunday watching), does that just refer for when it airs live, or does it mean no links to YouTube/filb/whatever at all?

;152;

It's about a laggy programm which lets you see PS online. Kinda of a stream. It sucks, and as PS runs for only 30 minutes, its a good and clever thing to wait for sites such as Serebii or Filb post the video and the coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.