1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION+READ 1st Post]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario with Lasers

Mario with Lasers Unfazeable

Huh. You'll have to talk to the dogs anyway. The difference is that they'll be generated at the same time, like the birds in Platinum. But if the whole speculation involving Eusine and that Suicuneless Johto map turns out to be true, at least one of them won't be generated when you wake them up!

Smells like Snorlax Doll. YEAH

And guess what that means? Bugsy must have a Spinarak and/or an Ariados. YEAH²

If you got called back by HGSS, then Game Freak's job is done here :)

You got it inverted, it was Gold's Ho-oh that had the neck stretched down. Silver, being the superior game it was, obviously had the better sprite.

Your "customer" ?_?

And curiously enough, this CoroCoro didn't tell a thing about Mewtwo and Latibros and it didn't tell about Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza either, but... They also didn't revealed Kanto yet. It's best to assume next month's issue will finally give us some news about Kanto and talk about all these legendaries.

2. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

I knew that, thanks, but I was wondering which one would be more fun to play. Debating Chikorita and Totodile, I always usually play with Totodile though, but if I use Chikorita I risk not being manly ;).

Goodness, the same thing happened to me, I'm over it, yet I'm not ;).

3. Meganium Ex

Meganium Ex Banned

Didn't the preview state that this issue would have info on the legends? I'm surprised the weather trio weren't even mentioned.

:|

Chikorita ftw.

4. lindsy95

lindsy95 FC: 4428-2451-8791

Im unsure but was kanto mentoned in G/S release bulidup?
    I can't rember. hmm bugsy gettin a Spinarak? that sounds... interseting!

Roster changes~

(lol I first put bugzy XDDDD)

5. HERLS

HERLS LOLOLOL

The golden forest? I'm assuming it's part of Ecruteak personally. Although we can see the red trees on the map, we can't see any sort of green location marker over it implying inaccessibility. Plus, I may be mistaken, but haven't the only pictures of the golden/rainbow/red forest been pictures of northern Ecruteak and the path to Tin Tower? I really don't think it goes any further than that, so if it does I'll be pleasantly surprised.

On another note, doesn't anyone else feel that the rules of this thread are a little restrictive? More specifically, the rule of three sentences minimum? Because I was just infracted for breaking it, and really I think it'd make more senze to judge on post size (three LINES minimum) rather than sentences because two long sentences does not count as unproductive spam.

6. Mario with Lasers

Mario with Lasers Unfazeable

They didn't specify it would be all the legends in HGSS or just the Johto ones. Actually, showing only the legendaries of Johto but not Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza pretty much gave out they'll be caught "somewhere else" - Kanto, obviously.

Real men beat the hell out of Falkner and Bugsy with Chikorita/Bayleef.

7. Electric

Electric Well-Known Member

Ugh, we have to battle the stupid Palkia/Dialga/Giratina? FGS it's level 1. Well at least it will be easy to catch.

8. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

I don't think Kanto has actually been mentioned yet in CoroCoro or anything, but it's confirmed to be in the games. On the map of Johto you can see the route in Kanto that leads to the Indigo Plateau. Game Freak wouldn't take it out, it would mean half of the adventure would be gone.

9. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

It just shows the Pokemon using their attacks, I don't think we have to battle them. Can anyone confirm this, though?

Also, it appears Suicune isn't roaming..

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  10. IcyKerpymon

IcyKerpymon Lan challenges you!

So, after looking at the Johto Map from the games, I noticed Suicune doesn't roam like the other two. I believe we're going to get a story similar to Crystal's... or maybe the Kimono Girls have something to do with this. Eusine will probably get a bigger role.

11. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. They might just not have been revealed yet. If Game Freak really is trying to get rid of the dependancy on the 3rd Generation games to finish the Pokedex, then they will have to add those three Pokemon.

12. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

No, it doesn't. I think they ignored the Weather Trio, as well as Lati@s + Mewtwo for this issue so they can keep focus on the Johto legendariies and not have them be overshadowed. Next month is the final issue before the games come out, so that is when I would expect some information on those remaining legendaries, and possibly some info on Kanto as well. They might possibly not say anything about Kanto at all.

13. Kujo1229

Kujo1229 *munch*

I'm glad to see higher quality scans because I now like Entei's Sprite it was hard to judge based on the size of the other scans. I'm pleased with them all, but I do have to admit it would have been nice to get a Ho-oh sprite similar to Silver's but this one is great as well.

I'm very happy that the First Bank of Mom is open so now I don't have to worry as much about my cash and I liked it when she bought me presents. I do hope she stores more money than she used to though. I have like 7000 bucks and she barely has over 2000.

Also, the regestering of more than one Key Item is very very welcome I'd often go fishing or use my VS Seeker so I'd have to unregester my Bike first. But now I can put the Rod on the Touch Screen and use either that or the Bike without opening my menu. :D

Also, the Phone is back is makes me joyful...until I regester Piciker Gina and she chats my ear off about her Nidoran, yes it's cute but you don't need to call me every ten minutes to say so. <_< But I also hope the VS Seeker isn't taken out, as much as I like the phone I prefer being able to battle at any time I want. So perhaps the Phone will just be used for Rare Pokémon, Deals, and Stones(god forbid).

14. Meganium Ex

Meganium Ex Banned

Nah, can't be. A real one would be squashed on the spot. It's a fake one, for sure.

15. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

lol, that reminds me of something i once said.

Someone said that you could ride on ariados and i said ariados? wouldn't you squish it?

anyway, im glad bugsy's gym got more....bug like. Before it was a celadon gym wanna be.

16. lindsy95

lindsy95 FC: 4428-2451-8791

No I was talking about GOLD and SILVER not the remakes. I didnt mean Heart Gold or Soul Silver. Maybe I shold of said gold and silver instead of G/S?

17. Raichu_is_awesome

Raichu_is_awesome Surge loves Raichu

Oh I remember that XD. Yeah Bugsy's gym had to much of a Celadon feel to it. I wonder what Pokemon he'll have, but can't take about it here or I'll get an infraction point :D I also mentioned in another thread how could a boulder land on the player and not kill him.:D

18. Bardische

Bardische Elegance.

Oh my those scans are sexy. Definitely pee-my-pants worthy. I was just away for 12 hours and it's already 11 pages...Oh well...

So this time, Lugia isn't on the water anymore? Or is it my imagination? I could have sworn seeing Gold standing on ice...
    And Ho-Oh's roost is now more defined. It now has Ho-Oh-like statues everywhere! Very fitting for something that the people of Ecruteak worshipped :D

The Johto map's looking very sexy :D
    I see Raikou and Entei in the map, but no Suicune? O____O
    Oh my, the Kimono Girls have white make-up. Really more defined than before :D
    And...Ho-Oh's sprite is almost nothing new...it's still with it's wings open and it's head down looking at you...with it's legs opened bit too far apart...:/

19. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

loving everything,... I'm feeling like I'm 19 again eagerly awaiting Gold and silver :D

Glad the phone is back (wasn't sure on it). Not exactly thrilled with Ho oh's sprite..I was expecting something along the lines of HG's box art as lugia's is similar to it's SS boxart.

20. AllenKS

AllenKS Well-Known Member

O_O.... *explodes*

Ok, let me take it from the top.

HEEEEEEECK YESSS, 2 registered items at a time? This is what I've been waiting for, for like.. Forever.. Like everyone said, it's kinda annoying if you're doing the pokeradar, or the vs. seeker, then you want to switch locations or something, and have to go to your bag.. Although, I thought at first it was 3 items and the shoes were just big and gold because they were chosen.. Idk.

I think people can stop being dream crushers, because Lugia, Ho-Oh, Entei and Red Gyrados having different sprites likely guarantees a sprite makeover for at least the Johto guys.. Hopefully they take pity on Electivire :(.. They ruined it's sprite from DP --> Pt..

OMG, they really took the touch screen thing to the next level.. Seems like everything is incorporated into it.. Looks like my DS screen is going to die before the end of next year.

Why is Lugia 6ft-11-12? Lol, I wish it's OW following sprite stayed that size.. Sadly though, it'd probably get a major size down, to around Arceus' height.

The Azaelea gym.. Meh, I guess it's cool.. I'm kind of cheered up by the fact that the carriers on the floor are Spinarak.. It could mean something for Bugsy's team, sorry nostalgia folks, this isn't your Gold and Silver anymore.

I DON'T WANT TO SPECULATE, BUT LOOK AT THE JOHTO MAP, now notice how all the locations have visible place marks on the map (Mt. Mortar, Ilex Forest, Mt. Silver etc.), AND THE GOLD TREES are there behind Ecruteak, sorry, but are they still JUST trying to decorate? The battle tower is confirmed, look at the green square next to Olivine's big red square..

Suicune looks stationary, because on the Johto map, you could kinda see what looks like a Pokemon's face where Ecruteak should be.. Then again, it might be Gold and Suicune isn't on the map at all, still signifying it's not a runner or they caught it. IDK.. I highly doubt they would catch Suicune and not the other 2 though..

Ice cave seems to be a mountain now.. As cave entrances have little brown hills, and it's a big gray thing. Why is lake of rage bigger than Goldenrod? Lol..

Omg, so much to say.. Last but not least, the Kimono Girls.. IDK.. It's cool that they show up more, one of them even looks like they show up as early as the Ilex Forest? (Why is the forest getting so much love? :p) It's cool though if they team up with you like some are speculating though.

VEEEEERY happy with these scans, they answered so many questions for me. Even if they didn't mean to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.