• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION+READ 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
20090713_corocoro06.jpg

I LOVE the new water! It looks more 3D like :D Oh please... be that water everywhere! <3

Those appearances of Lugia made my eyes wide open. :eek: That's an awesome sprite of Lugia.

And todays news about HGSS have made my day... about the PokeGear.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Also, one of the shots in the scans show the Kimono Girl talking to a Rocket Grunt. Anyone else think the Rocket Grunt character may actually be our character? Maybe a plot line where we go undercover? It certainly seems that way from the shot.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I'm loving it as well. It's more "cartoony". I wonder if people will still doubt Kanto.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It's enough proof. Anyone who still believes that crock of bull is stupid.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Then get on a computer >.>

Ok, if i actually had access to one, i wouldn't be asking for someone to post the scans now would I? I don't get how most people where complaining about how people were jerks for not putting the scans up earlier and stuff, and now that we finally have them, nobody will do me the favor of simply posting the scans now that I can't actually see them. -_- Seriously, some people are such hypocrits.

Lightey

johtomap.png

The new Johto world map looks great. It seems you can also see the dogs' location on the map, represented by their heads. That's a nice touch.

So we can see which one is where? That's awesome! Platinum's giving me a hard time because of that.
: P

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer

DarkPrince

Take that!
johtomap.png

I wanna say few things about this Map

-Kanto is confirmed see the Route connecting to it.
-By seeing those Enju Trees in the map I think they are accesible
-All Caves and Mountains and Forests are also marked on the Map
-Why is that "Y" Written on Ecruteak?
-And what's the use of "Y" above Magnifying Glass in the pic
-Cool the Phone is back
-PokeGear is colourful *loves it*
-Everything is just plain awesome!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Eh, I uploaded the images, so here they all are at once.
20090713_corocoro01.jpg

20090713_corocoro02.jpg

20090713_corocoro03_klein.jpg

20090713_corocoro04.jpg

20090713_corocoro05.jpg

20090713_corocoro06.jpg

20090713_corocoro07.jpg

20090713_corocoro08.jpg

20090713_corocoro09.jpg

20090713_corocoro10.jpg

20090713_corocoro11.jpg
The sprites of Lugia, Entei and Ho-oh look particularly great - quite like them already. And goldenrod (I assume) looks like it got a good upgrade from GSC... Also that Youngster trainer as well looks decently done.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
It's more like an "X MARKS TEH SPOT" showing what city your in most likely.

I see people call GSC the least cartoony. I guess they can't say that now.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The map looks a little crude IMO. And is that Raikou and Entei I spy? Glad to see they're using the map again instead of the Pokedex. Much more convenient. And the new Azalea gym looks interesting.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
As usual, yaminokame, an SPPf member, translated the info from the scans. Here's a recap of Yaminokame's translation below:

Scan 1:
The first scan was already shown earlier this week, but now we can see Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Entei's sprites. Overworld shots of Ho-Oh in front of the Tin Tower and Lugia in the Whirl Islands are also shown. The scenes will probably precede or follow those 3D shots of Ho-Oh flying around the Tin Tower and Lugia sitting behind the wave of water - the 3D scenes that were revealed a while ago. Both Pokemon are at Level 45.

Scan 2:
The second scan shows the Kimono Girls, Red Gyarados, Pokemon Gyms, and more Pokethlon mini-games. It appears that inside of Ilex Forest, you can team up with one of the Kimono Girls to help her find the exit, similar to Cheryl in DPPt's Eterna Forest. The scan states that the Kimono Girl holds a "key" to the story, perhaps meaning that she literally has a key for the player. The screenshot that shows the dance studio the Kimono Girls reside in has a Team Rocket grunt in it, so it seems Team Rocket has some involvement with them... the grunt says, "So, you can't listen to your customer's commands, huh?", yelling at the Kimono Girls. When you encounter the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, it will be raining. It's at Level 30.

In addition to the Dash Hurdle and Bound Field mini-games we learned about yesterday, the scan reveals two new Pokethlon games: Ring-Out Fight and Shooting Snow. Shooting Snow seems to involve... shooting snow, while Ring-Out Fight appears to be like the Hitmontop game in Pokemon Stadium 2 where you have to knock Pokemon out of a ring (though we can't confirm that for sure). The Pokethlon comes with five different courses, each based on the speed, power, technique, stamina, and jump stats. Each course is made up of three races.

Scan 3:
For the third scan we have PokeGear and PokeWalker information. You can check the Johto map on the PokeGear and it has a radio and phone (not real ones of course). Unlike previous Pokemon games, you can now assign two key items (like a Super Rod and Bicycle) using the DS's Y button and a reserved button on the touch screen. The scan also shows that the Item Finder has been redesigned, which you can see on the middle of the page to the left (the black circle with orange and a dot). You can also use it as you walk - you do not have to stop to use it. The scan also states that when you win a battle, your mom will save up money for you and will sometimes use it to buy items for you.

As for the PokeWalker, you can connect to a friend's PokeWalker using your own. On the bottom of the scan you can see two PokeWalkers connecting to each other, one with a Cyndaquil and the other with a Pikachu. One of the players receives an Oran Berry in doing so, which means that there will probably be ways of obtaining items when connecting with your friend's PokeWalker. Additionally, one of the screenshots shows the PokeWalker's Item Finder discovering a Rare Candy, which may mean it will allow players to obtain rare items. The scan also gives us our first look of a Pokemon getting captured on the PokeWalker - you can see a Poke Ball capturing a Sentret. While battling Sentret, there is a new option - "Dodge." You can choose to dodge your opponent's attacks and then retaliate, just like in the anime. It is also revealed that the PokeWalker will record your daily progress in a journal.

Scan 4:
As for the fourth scan, it confirms that the Level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina you receive from Arceus will be able to learn Metal Burst, Hydro Pump, and Shadow Sneak (respectively). There are screenshots of each Pokemon using their attack.

Scan 5:
In the final scan, Notched-Ear Pichu's attacks are confirmed to be Pain Split, Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, and Swagger. It is also stated that it cannot evolve and it cannot be traded out of the two games.

With these new scans posted, we can now say that the Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo factoids posted the other day were most likely fake. There is no indication in the scans of any of those Pokemon being in the games, though if Kanto is included, Mewtwo may be too.

Could minor differences in Pokemon sprites like Notched-Ear Pichu and the dodge option be early features of the next generation of games? We'll find out next year most likely!

Again, our thanks go to Yaminokame for the translation.

CapitalX

have to thank the translator for translation

quite dissapointed you can't evolve the Notched ear pichu but ok
happy that they continue the team-up which they did in P/D/PL
happy that the pokegear is back :)

one more month of scans right?

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
johtomap.png

Love this map. In the speculation thread I've invited everyone to speculate, and have also put down my comments.

It seems like the stats used in the Pokéthlon are HGSS's answer to the previous games' "Condition" stats used for Pokémon Contests. Does this mean there will be no contestes in HGSS?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
As usual, yaminokame, an SPPf member, translated the info from the scans. Here's a recap of Yaminokame's translation below:

Again, our thanks go to Yaminokame for the translation.
We have kinda had all that information for the past 7 pages and like 6 hours...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
We have kinda had all that information for the past 7 pages and like 6 hours...

Yes, I know, sorry. But I just felt like putting everything we know thus far into one place. This thread gets by really fast. Some people just can't keep up with the pace. Hope you understand. ^__^

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I positively adore the revamped Pokegear! It looks like chasing the beasts will be easier, the way the map is now. I think it'll be cool to team up with one of the Kimono sisters! Maybe she has an Eevee and evolves it after your team up? I'm also thinking the Pokethlon events are looking quite enjoyable. I like Contests, but even if we don't get them I think these games will be fun to have. ;175;

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
with it's desigm it pretty hard to have and other good poses

am I reading the front page right mewtwo and the latiwins are in?

and heres a filler third scentence
No, it says that the rumour about them being in it is false

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
johtomap.png

Love this map. In the speculation thread I've invited everyone to speculate, and have also put down my comments.

It seems like the stats used in the Pokéthlon are HGSS's answer to the previous games' "Condition" stats used for Pokémon Contests. Does this mean there will be no contestes in HGSS?

Wait, are you implying that you think they may use condition stats for each course in the pokéatlon? ehh i don't think so. if anything, i think it will be like nintendogs, where you actually TRAIN you pokemon to be better at that particular event by partaking in practice runs of said event. i think that speed, stamina, technique, power and endurance with be separate stats, in the same fashion as pokemon contests. they may rename the "speed" pokeathlon stat though to something like "quickness", for odvious reasons.

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
I'd say, in the scans, almost everything looks good.
The only thing that truly dissapoints me is Ho-oh's sprite.
Its wings have been up in Gold and Crystal, and all of gen 3 and 4. The only time it was really different was in silver, and then, his wings were just downward facing.
I was expecting a bit more, but whining never solved anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.