• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION+READ 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I sent yaminokame a PM asking him to translate the Team Rocket dialogue, so I'm posting the translation for him:

Thanks for posting that for me ^^

Okay, I had unfortunately realized too late that I hadn't added in the dialogue after you beat the rocket grunt, so here is the full conversatioin, sorry this is so late >__< I just got back.

よぉ よぉー!
そんな シンキくせー おどり
おどってねーで
フラダンスでも みせてみろや!

……あんさん
そんなムチャを いうたら
あきまへんえ

あーん?
おきゃくサマの ちゅうもんが
きけねー ってのか!
だったら おれが おてほんを
みせて やろうか?
かれいな おどりの おてほんを!
どわーっはっはっは!
---------
あん? なんだ おまえ
おれの ジャマ するつもり?
---------
そりゃ まけるわなあ……
これじゃ おれ
ただの わるもの じゃん!
……いけねえ! これから
だいじな さくせんが あるってのに
こんな ところで
みちくさ くってるのが バレたら
また したっぱの したっぱから
やりなおし させられちまう!
さっさと にげるが かちだぜ!

YO YO!
Don't do that
boring dance,
and show me the
hula dance or something!

...but, even if you
say something that unreasonable,
I'm getting tired...

Whaaat?
So you can't take your
customer's requests, huh!
Well, then how about I show
you an example then?
An example of a gorgeous dance!
dwaa ha ha ha!
---------
What? Who are you
You trying to get in my way?
---------
I guess I lost......
Well then I'm just
an ordinary bad person!
......oh no! I have important
plans, If they find out
that I've been wasting time
in a place like this they'll make
me start over from a grunt's
underling! It'd be best to get
out of here quickly!

If they find out
that I've been wasting time
in a place like this they'll make
me start over from a grunt's
underling! It'd be best to get
out of here quickly!

Guess we found out our purple-haired-possibly-but-not-really-drugged Rocket.

AllenKS

Oh yeah. But they could be keeping his true sprite a surprise!

Could be, it would be better in my opinion. In G/S/C you battled all 4 admins in the Radio Tower, and poof, TR was gone.. It was beyond lame.

EDIT: Also, I wish people would stop calling the TR Executives "new", there's nothing new about them.. In G/S/C there were 4 TR Executives, 3 male, 1 female. All the males dressed like Giovanni and were called "Rocket Executive", and the one female was like Jessie with a Bowl cut.. Since we don't give main villains generic sprites anymore, they made some faces to go with the characters.

ALSO: http://i31.*******.com/15wo50l.jpg
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?!

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
ALSO:
http://i31.*******.com/15wo50l.jpg
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?!

If anyone thinks that's an "R" and if someone calls it a building related to Team Rocket, I'd laugh.

It's basically the generic half Pokéball logo of the Pokémon Center, motion-blurred and reflecting the light from the camera or from behind, which made it look like an "R". Blame the video quality. It's nothing special.

AllenKS

What about it?

You don't find it strange that the Goldenrod PokeCenter has an "R" on it?

EDIT: Motion blurred pokeball? Check the video again for yourself, and then check the pokeball on top of the Ecruteak Pokemon Center's front.. First of all it's too big to be the generic pokeball, and second, no motion blurr in hell could make a ball grow legs and turn the back part of it straight. It's an "R"

Last edited:

Joezay

L.A. Creation
It is obviously not an "R", rather two semi-circular things at the entrance - resembling half pokeballs, I believe.

Why'd be there an inclined R instead of a half-ball on a Pokémon Center ?_?

I'd just like to point out to people, do NOT look at the demo as to what the levels will be. The twin's Pokemon were level 16 in GSC, and I doubt that they're going to actually DROP the levels in HGSS. O__O;

Twins Ann...and Anne
Clefairy - level 16
Jigglypuff - level 16

However, I think the Mareep and Marill are here to stay. Nice to see the Johto Pokemon are actually being showcased.

Truongman4life

Shiny Obsessed.
Why'd be there an inclined R instead of a half-ball on a Pokémon Center ?_?

its not an "R". if you watch it, its half a pokeball. if you pause to try to see it, it looks like an "R". its like one of those images where something is moving and it shows a copy of itself..you know what i mean?

Last edited:

AllenKS

Oh, I get it now.. You're right, it's a double over of the Half Pokeball.. But the reason why it struck me as odd, is because in the same video, the Pokemon Center in Ecruteak uses a much smaller full Pokeball.

Anyone notice that Ecruteak looks awefully like the place we thought was Violet City in the official trailer? More like, exactly like it.

its not an "R". if you watch it, its half a pokeball. if you pause to try to see it, it looks like an r. its like one of those images where someting is moving and it shows a copy of itself..you know what i mean?

Yeah, but that's what I mant >_> It would make no sense if it really were an R.

Joezay

L.A. Creation
Oh, I get it now.. You're right, it's a double over of the Half Pokeball.. But the reason why it struck me as odd, is because in the same video, the Pokemon Center in Ecruteak uses a much smaller full Pokeball.

Methinks that's a gym?

War Raichu

Thunder Master
I'd just like to point out to people, do NOT look at the demo as to what the levels will be. The twin's Pokemon were level 16 in GSC, and I doubt that they're going to actually DROP the levels in HGSS. O__O;

Twins Ann...and Anne
Clefairy - level 16
Jigglypuff - level 16

However, I think the Mareep and Marill are here to stay. Nice to see the Johto Pokemon are actually being showcased.

I'd focus less on the twins and more on the level 12 Koffing used by the Rocket grunt. That's proof that demos mean jack.

Kujo1229

*munch*
My theory; you only get five minutes to play the demo so the levels are low, that way the player can experience more of the game than a battle or two. Battles are a part of the game, but they probably also wanted to show off the new graphics in the game, and a little of the plot in Ekruteak. If the player knows what they're doing they can easily make it past the Grunt and run around a little before running out of time. If this theory is correct the levels will be higher in the final release as the player can play as much as they want to, unless they have strict parents, but it'd still be more than five minutes of play time.

Status
Not open for further replies.