• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION+READ 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skirgedot

Serious, wtf? Kurt Balls? I hope that's a joke. ¬¬
I carefuly read in the main site all the utilities of those balls and I came to a much final conclusion: they're crapless and totally useless. Couldn't they just replace them with the new balls? Ridiculous. :X
I just hope they don't remove my Dusk, Quick or Timer Ball for some freakin Fast or Moon Ball -_-'

But, well, the rest is fine with me. A slap in the face to all the people who had any doubts a new battle frontier would be created. That was obvious.

The bug contest was fun, so I'm glad they brought it back. I hope they threw new Pokémon in there after the National Dex. Safari Zone sounds good to me as well. I predict great things there, specially non-GS Pokémon in the future.

The mystery egg was as predictable as the battle frontier. It'll more than likely be the Togepi. And Rayquaza is in excellent level I guess. It'll just suck really hard if I had to capture it with some crappy new ball (or return to the stone age and have to use Ultra Balls).

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I have a few thing to say on the scans
Whats with the HG/SS book?
Has anyone noticed that the player is using a Weavile in the Dialga, Palkia pic, could this hint to the introduction of Weavile into the dex?
The egg is in the bag to prevent the player from hatching it on the way to Mr. Pokemon's house
Also what is the picture next to the one of the National park meant to be
Finally I wonder what that cut off picture with the trees in is of

Maxim

Beyond repair
Yes it is indeed, but you seem to keep it in your bag instead of your team - at least that's what it looks like on the scan above. Weird, wonder if they change the whole egg-carrying thing: putting them in your bag instead of taking a place on your team. That's what it should be like, anyway.

God.

In the original the Mystery Egg which you delivered for Elm WAS ALSO AN ITEM. AND IT WAS HOLD IN BAG.

God...

OMG, and people are actually *****ING at one of GSC's best features. God. Understand it, THEY COULDN'T MAKE KURT DO HOENN/SINNOH BALLS. THOSE ARE COMMERCIAL GOODS. Kurt's Balls are NOT! It would simply make no sense.

kyledove

Rainbow Trainer
I really like the new look of the safari zone, it looks like random NPCs will have pokemon beside them a lot in the game which is awesome. It is a pokemon game so cmon start putting pokemon in the maps we barely see any.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
About the inability to trade just because it was caught using the apricorn balls, I think not. Once transferred, like what you said, it might just revert back to a normal Pokéball.

Instead of reverting it will probably just be shown as a regular Pokeball, but still have the hidden data for it's original ball (the same way that info of Pokemon caught in Pt exclusive areas, in DP say from distant land or whatever it was)

Yes it is indeed, but you seem to keep it in your bag instead of your team - at least that's what it looks like on the scan above. Weird, wonder if they change the whole egg-carrying thing: putting them in your bag instead of taking a place on your team. That's what it should be like, anyway.

Huh no. What would you do once the egg hatched? Send it straight to the PC? What if there's no more room in any box?

And the Mystery Egg goes to the Bag because that's how it worked back then. It wasn't a "pokémon egg" yet, it was just a... mysterious egg.

Or the Fast and Heavyballs... most of wild pokes are slow (especially since they're mosly unevolved), so balls just for the beasts? Heavy...ok besides Snorlax, maybe an Onix something.

Fast is for pokémon that may flee from battle (Magnemite, the Dogs, Heracross, etcetera), and you don't know how much a pokémon will have to weight to be considered heavy.

And how the hell can you say they are "pre-evolutions" to the new balls when they had an 8x catch rate? >_> If I recall correctly, Friend Ball had an 8x catch rate if the wild pokémon was of an opposing gender to your pokémon in battle. So, you just need a male and a female pokémon when you go out poké-hunting to have a ridiculously high chance of catching anything with a known gender. That's fantastic.

They should have just replaced them with the newer/better versions =/

If you tried to manufacture a computer using only wood and stones, would it be a Mac? I guess not.

Everyone and their mom knows it'll have all those Trapinch, Nincadas, Slakoths and Arons in it XD

As long as I don't to have to catch them using the Pokeradar in DPPt anymore, I'm happy :)

Last edited:

LimeStar

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I knew the Apricorn Poké Balls would make a comeback. I knew they would.

Those, the Safari Zone, and a Battle Frontier?

I know I've said this way too many times in the past, but.... I want these games even more now!

Shame, though, that Rayquaza ain't a runner. It's the only one of it's trio that would make sense as a runner. Kyogre would be restricted to what, two routes? And Groudon, well, can you see that thing running? Yeah, me neither.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Fast is for pokémon that may flee from battle (Magnemite, the Dogs, Heracross, etcetera), and you don't know how much a pokémon will have to weight to be considered heavy.

And how the hell can you say they are "pre-evolutions" to the new balls when they had an 8x catch rate? >_> If I recall correctly, Friend Ball had an 8x catch rate if the wild pokémon was of an opposing gender to your pokémon in battle. So, you just need a male and a female pokémon when you go out poké-hunting to have a ridiculously high chance of catching anything with a known gender. That's fantastic.

Right, for fleeing Pokes, forgot that...wait, were there even any in Gen II and forth? o.o

As evolutions I tried to say, adjusted, improved, balanced version xD
Because most of them were useless and specifficaly the LoveBall was so overpowered...
Friendball is the that makes the caught Pokes happiness automarically on 200 which is AAAAH too LOL
Luxuryball in comparison is not AAAAH as it just makes happiness grow *2 as fast.

But they should stay overpowered if we are still limited ot making 1 per day (?), so let's hope the others get better xD

EDIT:
LOL at Rayquaza as runner xDDD
That'd be weird.
"Welcome to the news. Yesterday we had reports of a cat-like Pokemon running through Route 41. Today we saw A HUGE GREEN FREAKIN MONSTER flying 1m above ground around the Moomoo farm O:
It scared the **** out of those Miltanks"

Last edited:

Giki

loving chimchar line
I have a few thing to say on the scans
Whats with the HG/SS book?
Has anyone noticed that the player is using a Weavile in the Dialga, Palkia pic, could this hint to the introduction of Weavile into the dex?
The egg is in the bag to prevent the player from hatching it on the way to Mr. Pokemon's house
Also what is the picture next to the one of the National park meant to be
Finally I wonder what that cut off picture with the trees in is of

if you look realy close there is a wifi thing in the upper right corner and you see a picture next to it of ludicolo. :p would be awesome to see ambipom, magmortar, electivire, ,togekiss and al the other jotho evo's seeing in the dex.
and if you look at the sprite of steelix that just looks realy awesome in the vid of poketerra.:p

Skirgedot

I don't mind if they add those balls into the game, to me it's ok. Except the Friend one, all others are either useless or already exist in the form of new ones, as we know it, but Pokémon game is a crapload of features, items, places and creatures you'll never use or like, so I guess I can live with that. The thing is, if they f*ck up as usual by removing things that are great (read: the balls from RSE and beyond) replacing them with bad ones, I'll become really angry.

I find GSC Balls to be MUCH better (yay Love). Of course, Dusk Ball was brilliant, and Quick is quite useful (not against legendaries, though), but Repeat? Timer? HEAL? Hell, even Nest is quite silly; its catch rate goes down to 1x after level 30 :/ THIRTY

But even if GSC's were really useless, I'd love to have them added anyway. I like to catch pokémon using matching Poké Balls (like my level 1 shiny Regigigas caught in Dive... Lv1 Gigas being harder to catch than Lv70 Gigas. Check the capture formula by yourselves >_>), so the more options, the better :p I want to see how their animations will look like, because Repeat and Fast are kinda too alike... They have to work on that lol

And Love will be awesome. Yay hearts everywhere

As evolutions I tried to say, adjusted, improved, balanced version xD

WHO CARES ABOUT BALANCE >:D

Because most of them were useless and specifficaly the LoveBall was so overpowered...

I find it to be such a beautiful message to the kids. "Love conquers all... and imprison them in cute balls to be locked forever in your heart ^_^ Or pocket."

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Actually, the Apricorn balls are great in it's very special way. If you compare more carefully, no single ball works similarly with the new ones. Consider the Level Ball. The capture rate can go as high as 8x if the wild Pokémon's level is 4x higher than yours.

It's not really useless. You'll all learn to appreciate it if you had used it properly. But I understand, we were little kids back then and are not fully aware of its mechanics. For all we know, they Apricorn balls are back but we also had to consider the possibility that the effects could be changed.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I'm a happy puppy, we've still got the Bug catching contest and apriocorns (which you can grow yourself) and the CONFIRMATION OF KANTO, yes,yes,yes!!.The safari zone is an additional bonus, but i wonder if you can catch other generation pokemon in there when you have completed the main game?

The good thing about Kanto is the remixed music, i want to hear the Kanto battle music, it was awesome in the G/S/C GAMES.

Last edited:

megaman12

Not Happy
Some of you people dont get it.The apricorn balls are diffent the the d/p/pt balls.They are not replacing them or doing something.Example would be that the fast ball catches qiuck to flee pokemon and the quick ball as a increase chance of catching a pokemon in the first turn.As you can see,there diffenrent and so as the other balls.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Is it confirmed that there is no berry tree and we have to pick them up of the floor lik FR/LG and grow them our selves in portable greenhouses

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
If you look more carefully, those are berries. That's a Leppa Berry. It's still unknown if you can grow apricorns as well.

Sorry, wulava, I quote this from the main serebii site.

First, it confirms that the Apricorns come back. However, this time, you have the ability to grow them yourself portabley, using the SquirtBottle to grow them and they're stored in an item called the Apricorn Case.

You can grow from apricorns, according to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.