• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Shaymin does work to get Gracidea in Platinum, but that's because it has its Fateful Encounter flag marked on. D/P ones didn't have that. That's why D/P Shaymin can't become a Skymin. So, even if you have a caught/bred shiny Pichu in DPPt and transfer it to HGSS, it probably won't unlock the event. Hell, maybe even a caught/bred shiny Pichu from HGSS may not activate it.

By the way, write this down: Fish-like pokémon will follow you only on water, and when you use an overworld move (Dig, Surf, Teleport, etc), the pokémon's overworld sprite will appear and do some generic animation. Which means Surfing a Charizard will be possible.

GamerSonic

I hope Kanto is in aswell because just putting in Mt. Silver and the Indigo Plateau would be really disappointing.

No, actually it didn't. I tried. Which makes me doubt that you can use just any Shiny Pichu.

Kanto is pretty much confirmed. It was shown on the map they had, so now all we need is a screenshot to be sure. I would be really angry if they just put in Mt. Silver and the Indigo Plateau. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to do that, they tend to screw your hopes in the end a lot.

Actually it does. I did it on my Platinum.

Just like Serebii posted the images and the conversation. It was with a normal, in game caught, Arceus.

Kanto was never in doubt, not for me @ least. Taking off one of the most interesting parts of G/S will be awkward :|

They wouldn't do that xp (I think...)

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Where is Gold in the picture with the wobbufet
This Game looks amazing
Ruins of Alph look great
Can't wait for my Typhlosion to follow me

GamerSonic

Yeah I guess our answers have come concerning the pokemon folowing you speculation. It's nice that any of our pokemon will be able to follow us.

kemal07

I had a look at some route screenshots on bulba, of all Kanto,Johto and Hoenn(especially as some people are predicting hoenn) but couldnt find any similar routes to this newly redesigned route.

I did the same for this screenshot. And you know what i know some of you may be very angry at me but i am also saying Kanto should and Hoenn shouldnt. But this route really does look alot like a path in
Hoenns Route 119 if you take a look.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit

I did the same for this screenshot. And you know what i know some of you may be very angry at me but i am also saying Kanto should and Hoenn shouldnt. But this route really does look alot like a path in

This is route 34

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

I had a look at some route screenshots on bulba, of all Kanto,Johto and Hoenn(especially as some people are predicting hoenn) but couldnt find any similar routes to this newly redesigned route.

That bottom one is route 34 going to goldenrod. I think. Looks like it. And anyway Kanto is confirmed through magnet train and the enterance to the league and everything going right leads to Kanto.

Poliwagged

The 1st SS is, I believe, the route underneath Violet City. Above is Violet, to the left is Ruins of Alph.
The 2nd is Route 34, I remember that shape of the grass perfectly.

Dillio_686

Cold-Blooded
That bottom one is route 34 going to goldenrod. I think. Looks like it. And anyway Kanto is confirmed through magnet train and the enterance to the league and everything going right leads to Kanto.

Yep, I do believe that is the route before Goldenrod, which houses the Daycare Center.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
This game looks amazing. I especially love the way they designed the Ruins of Alph, Slowpoke Well, and the harbor to the west of Goldenrod City. I also enjoyed gazing at the screenshot with the Steelix following Gold. All 493 Pokemon being capable of following Gold or Soul in the overworld? This game is going to be epic and I simply cannot wait.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I think it's pretty cool that any Pokemon get to follow you, but what about big ones like Palkia and Dialgia?

Also I wonder what happens to the Notched-Ear/Pikachu-Colored Pichu when it evolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.