• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath

Bardische

Elegance.
Kanto!!

I don't know If I'm allowed to post links, but Bulbapedia has an article up confirming that Kanto is available in the remakes. :D

Dezmond

I don't know If I'm allowed to post links, but Bulbapedia has an article up confirming that Kanto is available in the remakes. :D

You can see the rail road in the overworld map of Johto. It would seem obvious to me it is in although I can understand it would be nice to have some official confirmation.

Bardische

Elegance.
Okay, about the Pokemon following you gig.

Wailord is absolutely humongous to follow you, am I right? Just wondering how could they put that in?

Slugma's PokeDex entries constantly say if it stops moving, it will cool down and become hardened magma. I'm just wondering if they'll ever put that bit in or not :D

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Okay, about the Pokemon following you gig.

Wailord is absolutely humongous to follow you, am I right? Just wondering how could they put that in?

Slugma's PokeDex entries constantly say if it stops moving, it will cool down and become hardened magma. I'm just wondering if they'll ever put that bit in or not :D

already discussed but... Mystery Dungeon does wonders:
it shrinks pokémon
and proves the pokédex mistakes plain lava for Slugmas

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Firstly, this should go to the "Pokémon Locations" thread. Anyway, I'll bother to answer this here.

GameFreak had always considered that bit of info since RSE. Notice where Slugmas are naturally found in the games. Slugmas are always found in hot/volcanic areas (Fiery Path, Route 113, Mt. Ember, & Stark Mountain). It is only that in GSC that they were put in an environment not suited to them (come on, Cycling Road?). Oh yeah, don't even think about putting them in the Brass (Burned) Tower, it doesn't make sense.

Funny that GSC introduced this Pokémon, yet they never gave it a proper and suitable location in those games. I just wish that somehow, in HGSS, that Slugmas be given a proper location in the wild. However, examining the HGSS Johto map, there are still no appropriate location for Slugmas since there are no hot/volcanic places in Johto/Kanto. So, I guess, we'll get to see Slugmas wandering off someplace which shortens its lives.

Sorry, wala tayong magagawa. Nandyan na yan eh...

Last edited:

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
Firstly, this should go to the "Pokémon Locations" thread. Anyway, I'll bother to answer this here.

GameFreak had always considered that bit of info since RSE. Notice where Slugmas are naturally found in the games. Slugmas are always found in hot/volcanic areas (Fiery Path, Route 113, Mt. Ember, & Stark Mountain). It is only that in GSC that they were put in an environment not suited to them (come on, Cycling Road?). Oh yeah, don't even think about putting them in the Brass (Burned) Tower, it doesn't make sense.

Funny that GSC introduced this Pokémon, yet they never gave it a proper and suitable location in those games. I just wish that somehow, in HGSS, that Slugmas be given a proper location in the wild. However, examining the HGSS Johto map, there are still no appropriate location for Slugmas since there are no hot/volcanic places in Johto/Kanto. So, I guess, we'll get to see Slugmas wandering off someplace which shortens its lives.

Well we will have to wait till their release date!

Bardische

Elegance.

Oh, sorry about that...:(

Yeah, all I'm wondering is because now that your own Slugma can follow you anywhere, I'm just wondering how that would contradict it's flavor texts mentioning the hardening thing.

Maybe an underground location somewhere in Johto, perhaps? New addition, haha... Lot of Bikers probably have gotten their feet burned for years because of the Slugmas on cycling road...:/

K-B-K

Speaking of pokemon following you. How is Metapod supposed to follow. It can't really bounce or walk. :\

IJsthee

Pokemon Trainer

cinnabar island?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah, all I'm wondering is because now that your own Slugma can follow you anywhere, I'm just wondering how that would contradict it's flavor texts mentioning the hardening thing.

You should have been more clear.

cinnabar island?

I did not consider it at all since there's no grass. You can argue that they'll just put grass there in HGSS, problem solved. Anyway, let's not stick with that topic. This isn't the right place to argue.

Speaking of pokemon following you. How is Metapod supposed to follow. It can't really bounce or walk. :\

I suggest that you go play/watch gameplay videos of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to see how they managed to do it. That's pretty much what they'll do in HGSS.

Last edited:

K-B-K

You should have been more clear. Anyway, let's not stick with that topic.

I suggest that you go play/watch gameplay videos of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to see how they managed to do it. Theat's pretty much what they'll do in HGSS.

Ah sorry. Haven't watched/played Mystery dungeon. :\

zlxq3000

Master Collector
They could just make Mt. Mortar a volcano... I mean, it SOUNDS like the name of a volcano...

Status
Not open for further replies.