• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

drake13

Ryukishi
Yeah it was probably in the middle.
Is it me or is that hp bar more of a solid look then the creamy dppt look?

yes....it now has a trapezoid shape....HGSS is getting better and better :D

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just saw the new Video and have a few questions to ask

1.The arceus event, the place where its hold isn't the place hidden or the new area on the Johto map is it? It will disapointing to know that the new area is a event exclusive area.
As pointed out many times, it is possible that Shinto Ruins might be atop Mt. Silver. Since there's a house in the area, the place might still be accessible even without Arceus, but still, we don't know for sure. Still, there's doubt. That house might just be a rest house, and no other new areas lie to the southeast.

2. The pokemon battle music didnt sound catchy to me at all for some reason is it just me lol?
It didn't sound catchy as it used to be at first but after hearing it several times, I find it quite nice. But it's a bit disappointing that the battle theme was cut in the middle. Some parts were missing in between. Damn gameplay cuts.

3. Im still wondering Why the Pokemon still walk while the trainer has stoped walking (as seen with Arceus)
I guess it'll be like that. Better get used to it. That's all I can say.

Comments in bold.

yes....it's now has a trapezoid shape....HGSS is getting better and better :D

And it'll get even better as the verge of its release comes near.

Sabonea_Masukippa

I was just checking Spriters Resource because I wanted to check if the back sprites were new as well (even though I don't remember if they were redone for FRLG), and while they may not be completely new (hard to tell from the pic since its a double battle) they've certainly been retooled some what - the shading on Igglybuff and Maril's heads are different and the line at the top of Maril's ear is longer.

Not huge, but still cool, inho. Hopefully they'll redo completely redo Ho-oh and Lugia's backsprites, since Ho-oh looks like a fish and Lugia looks like Togetic/Lati@s.

Last edited:

drake13

Ryukishi
I was just checking Spriters Resource because I wanted to check if the back sprites were knew as well (even though I don't remember if they were redone for FRLG), and while they may not be completely new (hard to tell from the pic since its a double battle) they've certainly been retooled some what - the shading on Igglybuff and Maril's heads are different and the line at the top of Maril's ear is longer.

Not huge, but still cool, inho. Hopefully they'll redo completely redo Ho-oh and Lugia's backsprites, since Ho-oh looks like a fish and Lugia looks like Togetic/Lati@s.

wow...they even changed the backsprites??

this...game....is...so...cool...

'nuff said

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

There's no doubt that all Gen 1 & 2 sprites will receive new sprites: front and back, even animations.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
For the Shinto Ruins thing, they said that the path will be opened, so that means that maybe you can only go up to where the house is before, but once you go to the Ruins of Alph and unlock the new road to Shinto Ruins, then it opens up kind of like Giratina in Diamond/Pearl (Though you didn't need to talk to anyone to open that up, at least that's not how I remember it) I see that a possibility :p

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Arceus following you = Auh Mazing!
I like the new format. Very fitting for a remake. I also love the new pictures and the differing sprites between notched ear/regular pichu.
And you can MAKE a dragon? Nice... that is great, just great, and along with Jirachi's release over Wi-Fi, this is going to be one sweet deal of a game. Can't Wait

drake13

Ryukishi
For the Shinto Ruins thing, they said that the path will be opened, so that means that maybe you can only go up to where the house is before, but once you go to the Ruins of Alph and unlock the new road to Shinto Ruins, then it opens up kind of like Giratina in Diamond/Pearl (Though you didn't need to talk to anyone to open that up, at least that's not how I remember it) I see that a possibility :p

ah....now we see that the ruins is only accessible when you have the 12th movie arceus with you...

did you guys see how much bigger arceus was than the character it is 10 feet tall though.

of course they have to make it smaller in overworld...if not, it wouldn't fit in little spaces....

Arceus following you = Auh Mazing!
I like the new format. Very fitting for a remake. I also love the new pictures and the differing sprites between notched ear/regular pichu.
And you can MAKE a dragon? Nice... that is great, just great, and along with Jirachi's release over Wi-Fi, this is going to be one sweet deal of a game. Can't Wait

lolz...me too...I CAN'T WAIT!!! ARGHHH!!!

Last edited:

IJsthee

Pokemon Trainer
2. The pokemon battle music didnt sound catchy to me at all for some reason is it just me lol ?

Yes, i didn't like what i heard aswell. the d/p/p battle music is starting to bore me but this doesnt sound any better. The thing is that every battle is the same tune over and over again. (except special battles.)
i like tough, cool battle music. I'd like to see an option so we can change the battle songs..

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Remember this game is still being kinda made, there was earlier pics of Arceus in the ruins with the 3 circles on the ground which all looked the same, but now they have added in the Unowns and the circles are different and are colored, so it looks to me that they are still touching up on things.

As for the sprites, Gen 1 and 2 will all most likely get new sprites, and I'm thinking that maybe pokemon connected to gen 1 and 2 like Azurill/Whynaut/Ambipom/Yanmega etc will also get new sprites, and seeing that NE Pich gets a completely different sprites from PC Pichu, I'm starting to wonder if they are giving the genders different poses too...

And I'm sensing that they will reveal info between Corocoro, I mean Corocoro came out a couple days ago and we've already got new info! so maybe the site will be updated again?...

Anywho hopefully this Sunday on Pokemon Sunday they show something new, and not this NE Pich and Arceus info, I wanna hear about the gym leaders!.

drake13

Ryukishi
Wait, what? lol I didn't understand what you were trying to say (that relates to what I had said lol XD ) :(

huh? oh? what?...LOL...i said that that 12th movie arceus accesses a new area called shinto ruins...am i right???

As for the sprites, Gen 1 and 2 will all most likely get new sprites, and I'm thinking that maybe pokemon connected to gen 1 and 2 like Azurill/Whynaut/Ambipom/Yanmega etc will also get new sprites, and seeing that NE Pich gets a completely different sprites from PC Pichu, I'm starting to wonder if they are giving the genders different poses too...

i wonder if they would use the DP sprite or Pt sprite for the other 4th gen pokemons in HGSS....hmmmm...

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
so maybe the site will be updated again?...

That is, if they present "new" information. By "new", I mean, exclusive to the show.

Anywho hopefully this Sunday on Pokemon Sunday they show something new, and not this NE Pich and Arceus info, I wanna hear about the gym leaders!.

I have my doubts regarding the Gym Leaders. They'll save it up for next month. Add the Pokégear to that.

Pokémon Sunday will likely give information that haven't been presented yet in the show, that means CoroCoro stuff. But luckily, we might get minute-long gameplay footages.

Last edited:

zlxq3000

Master Collector
...I think I might see where the Shinto Ruins might be.

If you look right next to the cloud covering the Battle Tower, you'll see another wisp of clouds covering what looks like some sort of path heading north into the mountains. If I recall correctly, that path wasn't there in the original games:

th_Untitled-2.jpg

Just something kinda nit-picky, but it does look like there's a clear separation between the trees on the official map in that place where I drew the line.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
That is, if they present "new" information. By "new", I mean, exclusive to the show.

I have my doubts regarding the Gym Leaders. They'll save it up for next month. Add the Pokégear to that.

Pokémon Sunday will likely five information that haven't been presented yet in the show, that means CoroCoro stuff. But luckily, we might get minute-long gameplay footages.
I doubt that they would preview gameplay in goldenrod and then just show it again.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm praying that that last "Coming Soon!" section on the official website does something involving in-game music (downloadable mp3's plz?). I love pokemon music, and if they were to make it obtainable on the official website, I'd be so happy...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
...I think I might see where the Shinto Ruins might be.

If you look right next to the cloud covering the Battle Tower, you'll see another wisp of clouds covering what looks like some sort of path heading north into the mountains. If I recall correctly, that path wasn't there in the original games:

th_Untitled-2.jpg

Just something kinda nit-picky, but it does look like there's a clear separation between the trees on the official map in that place where I drew the line.

Nothing special about it.
nothingspecial.png

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm praying that that last "Coming Soon!" section on the official website does something involving in-game music (downloadable mp3's plz?). I love pokemon music, and if they were to make it obtainable on the official website, I'd be so happy...

Will never happen. They always have the Game OST for you to buy (in Japan), and import in our case. That section will be for downloads: wallpapers, screensavers, and buddy icons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.