• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So one day no one knows about Togekiss, another day comes, you beat E4, your Togetic evolves and the whole world knows about other generation Pokemon? I saw Johto dex, but I still hope for changing that

EDIT: yeah, and this is HGSS thread

Only because it's only in the National Dex, yes.

Dome

My point is that Johto should at least know about Hoenn Pokemon. Since it happened three years prior.

Hogia

They're debating it because they're retarded. Tell me, why WOULDN'T Kanto be in these games if they are a GOLD/SILVER remake, not new games of their own?

I for one know that the games would have everything from the old ones such as they both have Lugia and Ho-oh and Kanto.

Lugia Lv 70 Gold Lv 50 Silver, Ho-oh Lv 70 Silver Lv 50 Gold etc.

Yes I know remakes are suppose to be a game we already played with a few upgradesplus they did the with fr and lg.

I was just pointing out that it was confirmed in words for the people who don't seem to get that it's a remake and those who don't believe stuff until it's confirmed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So you say national dex was created the day you won against E4?

No, I'm saying that no one knows about National Dex pokemon until you get the National Dex, because, like Carlisle said, they've always existed, but they haven't been discovered. To keep it a remake and not a redo, they have to take us back to when we didn't know those pokemon existed, therefore, you have to wait for the National Dex.

Grei

not the color
2. They knew the regions existed, they just didn't know about the pokemon that live there.

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, the Professors should have a database on every Pokemon that's known.

Besides that, it shouldn't matter if a Pokemon like Mamoswine or Ambipom wasn't native to Johto in GSC. The only reason for that was because it hadn't been created yet.

Does it make any sense that Johto would have an Aipom native to the region, but not Ambipom? How about Piloswine, but not Mamoswine? Gligar, but not Gliscor?

It just doesn't make sense. If a butterfly hadn't been discovered to exist in the United States, but a caterpillar was, would a caterpillar be unable to go through metamorphisis and change into a butterfly? No.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That doesn't make any sense. If anything, the Professors should have a database on every Pokemon that's known.

Besides that, it shouldn't matter if a Pokemon like Mamoswine or Ambipom wasn't native to Johto in GSC. The only reason for that was because it hadn't been created yet.

Does it make any sense that Johto would have an Aipom native to the region, but not Ambipom? How about Piloswine, but not Mamoswine? Gligar, but not Gliscor?

It just doesn't make sense. If a butterfly hadn't been discovered to exist in the United States, but a caterpillar was, would a caterpillar be unable to go through metamorphisis and change into a butterfly? No.

IDK, maybe they don't keep in contact as well as they should. It doesn't make sense storywise, but the creators want the Pokedex to be the same to make it feel like a remake instead of a redo.

Dome

Here comes the point. Because Aipom and Piloswine are native to it, and it's evolutions have been discovered in the same time, Johto dex should be upgraded. Why not?
Maybe it won't be changed, but why to wait National dex? Unless they think to put move relearner into Kanto, blocking (i.e.) Piloswine's evolution.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Here comes the point. Because Aipom and Piloswine are native to it, and it's evolutions have been discovered in the same time, Johto dex should be upgraded. Why not?
Maybe it won't be changed, but why to wait National dex? Unless they think to put move relearner into Kanto, blocking (i.e.) Piloswine's evolution.

That's just the way it's always been. You can't get pokemon that aren't supposed to exist yet. If it didn't exist when the original game cam out, they're going to make you wait for the National Dex.

Prominence

You can't compare Pokémon with real life. A caterpillar can't decide to stay a caterpillar.

The point is, in FR/LG, Golbat didn't evolve into Crobat either, even though it had enough happiness when leveled up.

Grei

not the color
You can't compare Pokémon with real life. A caterpillar can't decide to stay a caterpillar.

The point is, in FR/LG, Golbat didn't evolve into Crobat either, even though it had enough happiness when leveled up.

I realize that Golbat didn't evolve into Crobat. You completely missed my point.

My point was, it doesn't make sense in any situation for a being to not go through evolution simply because a handheld database doesn't have room for it to evolve. It makes no sense at all.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Guys, it's called a continuity issue. There are some things you can't "make continuous sense". Just accept that these are unrealistic game worlds and that there will be holes because nobody's perfect and they didnt know what all they would be doing in future games, so of course they couldnt plan accordingly. I'm just happy I'm getting as much as we are, and it's reasonable to say that all the pokes will be obtainable at some point, so who cares if it's only after the E4? Eventually someone will find a National Dex hack if it bugs you.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I realize that Golbat didn't evolve into Crobat. You completely missed my point.

My point was, it doesn't make sense in any situation for a being to not go through evolution simply because a handheld database doesn't have room for it to evolve. It makes no sense at all.

You completely missed my point. They don't deny the new evolutions because they were incapable of handling them, they deny them because they are remaking a game when they didn't exist. Therefore, to keep it a true remake, they must remove all "future" gen pokemon until after the E4 so it gives you a sense of nostalgia.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
hey does a traded and released pokemon mark a game having altered data because the jirachi being given out over wifi in japan can not go to a game with hacked data.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Uh...people hack all the time. You can still receive trades..

A lot of the new events out there coming out of Japan have a disclaimer that says that if you have used a data altering device that you may not be able to get the event :p

Status
Not open for further replies.