• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
oh a data altering device like action replay? then I am good someone gave me a hacked darkrai and yanmega so I released them. does that count? If they got it of action replay does that count as me having altered data if I released them?

A lot of the new events out there coming out of Japan have a disclaimer that says that if you have used a data altering device that you may not be able to get the event :p
Ohhh, I see. Thanks for informing me. :p

So I just want to ask this while we are on the topic of hacked Pokemon. I know some people back in the third generation said if you hacked the item to get to a Pokemon, that Pokemon should be considered a hack. The third generation is over. Should it really matter if lets say I hack the Aurora Ticket or Mystic Ticket in my FRLG? Or the Eon ticket in my RS? I mean, who cares? If I trade it to D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it really doesn't make much of a difference, if I got it through a legit ticket or a hacked ticket. The Pokemon came from the game, it itself wasn't hacked... The only situation I can think of that it would even matter would be hacking the Old Sea Map in Emerald, since that item was never released in the US.

As I said in the other post, there's a really simple way of solving that:

No incenses, no level-up/trade items, no new evolution stones, no special locations, no level-up evolution moves (maybe a tutor for Rollout, Ancientpower and Double Hit in Kanto?). If you want to have a Togekiss THAT MUCH, you'll have to transfer a Shiny Stone to your game somehow, or send it to another game with one. You won't be prohibited of evolving your pokémon like Golbat in FRLG, it's just that you won't be able to without trading.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
As I said in the other post, there's a really simple way of solving that:

No incenses, no level-up/trade items, no new evolution stones, no special locations, no level-up evolution moves (maybe a tutor for Rollout, Ancientpower and Double Hit in Kanto?). If you want to have a Togekiss THAT MUCH, you'll have to transfer a Shiny Stone to your game somehow, or send it to another game with one. You won't be prohibited of evolving your pokémon like Golbat in FRLG, it's just that you won't be able to without trading.

That seems pretty much fair. But as far as location-based evolutions (like Leafeon, Glaceon, and Probopass), you'd have to trade them over to DPPt.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Ohhh, I see. Thanks for informing me. :p

So I just want to ask this while we are on the topic of hacked Pokemon. I know some people back in the third generation said if you hacked the item to get to a Pokemon, that Pokemon should be considered a hack. The third generation is over. Should it really matter if lets say I hack the Aurora Ticket or Mystic Ticket in my FRLG? Or the Eon ticket in my RS? I mean, who cares? If I trade it to D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it really doesn't make much of a difference, if I got it through a legit ticket or a hacked ticket. The Pokemon came from the game, it itself wasn't hacked... The only situation I can think of that it would even matter would be hacking the Old Sea Map in Emerald, since that item was never released in the US.

I've never used a data altering device, so I really couldn't tell you the extent of what they are saying lol XD I really don't know much about it, as far as I know, it's just to scare people away from using them :/ ... As far as if you're safe or not without ever using it yourself... I can't say yes or no to that either. It says:

Pokemon Official Website - Jirachi said:
※改造データなどが含まれるソフトでは受け取ることができません。
"Software that includes altered data (etc) will not be able to get it"

Keep in mind, this is VERY blunt. To my recollection they have never been this blunt before, so as I said earlier it could just be a scare tactic :/ let me look for the PCP/Arceus one :/ I'm sure they had a similar disclaimer there :p

[quote="Pokemon Official Website - Pikachu-colored Pichu & Arceus]一部で販売されている、ゲームソフトのレポートを改造する装置を使い、改造コードによりセーブデータを改ざんしたり、改造コードを使用してポケモンを出現させるなどの行為を行った場合は、正常に受け取れない場合があります。また、ゲームを正常に進められなくなったり、レポートが消えたりするおそれがあり、前の状態には復元できません。[/quote]

It is not as blunt, and a little bit more descriptive. Tampered save data due to altered code, and using altered code to make Pokemon appear have a possibility of not being able to receive the (gift) normally. There is a possibility that you will no longer be able to continue on normally in the game, or that your report data will become erased. There is no way to undo this ... that's about it :p They won't go into too much detail about it though :/ We're just going to have to try and find out XD

Last edited:

BCVM22

But as far as location-based evolutions (like Leafeon, Glaceon, and Probopass), you'd have to trade them over to DPPt.

And why is that really so problematic? There were Pokémon that couldn't evolve in FR/LG and had to be traded to a Hoenn game to do so.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
And why is that really so problematic? There were Pokémon that couldn't evolve in FR/LG and had to be traded to a Hoenn game to do so.

I'm not saying it is problematic, I'm just making sure were on the same page. Hopefully, HGSS will handle National Dex pokemon the same way as DPPt, in that you can trade it over and not register it in the pokedex, as opposed to completely denying them until a certain point in the game.

I've never used a data altering device, so I really couldn't tell you the extent of what they are saying lol XD I really don't know much about it, as far as I know, it's just to scare people away from using them :/ ... As far as if you're safe or not without ever using it yourself... I can't say yes or no to that either. It says:

"Software that includes altered data (etc) will not be able to get it"

Keep in mind, this is VERY blunt. To my recollection they have never been this blunt before, so as I said earlier it could just be a scare tactic :/ let me look for the PCP/Arceus one :/ I'm sure they had a similar disclaimer there :p
Oh, I'm not worried. XD I believe that the Membership Pass/Oak's Letter/Azure Flute will be released over Wi-Fi for at least Platinum, so I can wait. I might hack those items in Diamond if they aren't ever released.

But what I was talking about is the third generation games. People used to say that if someone hacked the Aurora Ticket for example, then went on board the ship to catch Deoxys, it should be considered a hacked Pokemon. Simply because the way you got there was hacked. However, I would digress because the Pokemon itself is the Pokemon out of the game being caught. it's data is "pure" so to speak. Some people would disagree for whatever reason.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Oh, I'm not worried. XD I believe that the Membership Pass/Oak's Letter/Azure Flute will be released over Wi-Fi for at least Platinum, so I can wait. I might hack those items in Diamond if they aren't ever released.

But what I was talking about is the third generation games. People used to say that if someone hacked the Aurora Ticket for example, then went on board the ship to catch Deoxys, it should be considered a hacked Pokemon. Simply because the way you got there was hacked. However, I would digress because the Pokemon itself is the Pokemon out of the game being caught. it's data is "pure" so to speak. Some people would disagree for whatever reason.

I know what you mean about the hacked thing. However if you didn't hack to get the Event Item. You would not have one at all, making it what most of us call semi-hacked.

Anyways, hacking is bad. DON'T DO IT PEOPLE! :)

Not trying to begin a hacking debate, but as far as the pokémon data goes, it wouldn't be hacked. Action Replay does mess with a bit or two of unimportant data in your save (NOT your pokémon's, but your save's), so Nintendo could detect it in a official tournament. But the Deoxys from your example would be totally clean.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Has anyone noticed that in the picture of Eurteak that the gym has a purple tint while the gym in Mahogany has a blue tint

abgar

Fufufufu
Whoa, Silver's sprite looks so... fan made, maybe he changes during the game like Blue?

Bardische

Elegance.
Confusing, ain't it?

HeartGold and SoulSilver's game engine is exactly the same as Platinum's, so it's certain the the game will support the National Dex feature.

Unless this argument is over, I would just like to point out that the almighty creators of Pokemon themselves WILL allow the evolution of Togetic to Togekiss. It's just that you need to have certain requirements, most probably, as was the case in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Now, it's really confusing for a Pokemon of the previous generation to not evolve into it's evolution introduced into a later generation under normal circumstances.
Ever noticed in FireRed and LeafGreen, you could only obtain Pokemon from different Generations if you beat the game? That's the other thing. Togekiss, Weavile and all other generation's Pokemon are readily available in the game's data. They just aren't available before the completion of the game.

Basically, with a remake, it's taking you back to the past. Only allowing you to get Pokemon that existed WAY back. So there's absolutely no need to upgrade the Johto Dex just because a Generation II Pokemon can't evolve into a Generation IV Pokemon even though they are in the same Generation.

This may all look confusing, but it makes sense. To me, anyway. DON'T FLAME ME. I just want to resolve this matter, already! We're all friends here, right?

GamerSonic

Yeah that looks like the case I guess they aren't giving the cities, the same color Pokemon Centers, and Gyms.

abgar

Fufufufu
actually johto is a very modern place (pokedex wise) and there may be an option to get every pokemon from the start, seeing how the originals had the national pokedex from the start. its not like you should be able to get them easily though.

lets not forget oak itself gives you the pokedex too.

Bardische

Elegance.
actually johto is a very modern place (pokedex wise) and there may be an option to get every pokemon from the start, seeing how the originals had the national pokedex from the start. its not like you should be able to get them easily though.

They can't put an option to get every Pokemon from the start. That wouldn't be much of a challenge, now would it?

The originals? We're talking about GSC, right? They didn't have the National Dex already, did they? Because from what I remember, the game starts with the Johto Dex with a few select Generation I Pokemon mixed in with all Generation II Pokemon at the time. Only after you beat the game(?) could you have gotten the New Pokedex, right? I don't remember it that way.

Oh geez, my head hurts >______<

abgar

Fufufufu
They can't put an option to get every Pokemon from the start. That wouldn't be much of a challenge, now would it?

The originals? We're talking about GSC, right? They didn't have the National Dex already, did they? Because from what I remember, the game starts with the Johto Dex with a few select Generation I Pokemon mixed in with all Generation II Pokemon at the time. Only after you beat the game(?) could you have gotten the New Pokedex, right? I don't remember it that way.

GSC had the national pokedex, when oak gives you the pokedex it start of with the "johto pokedex" numbers, but you could use the national numbers too.

the johto numbers had all 251 pokemon too.

and you know what i meant with "getting every pokemon from the start".

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

No, he's right. They only had one pokedex, and you could get every pokemon from the start, from both regions. But that was before they made the National Dex, so it's kind of confusing to classify it as a regional dex or not. It's small enough to be regional, so I'll call it that. But then comes the question of when will they give us the National Dex. It'd be nice to get it after the E4, but I personally think it should after 16 badges, since the National Dex should be post-game, but I don't think it should be after Red, since that should remain as the extreme end of the game, being mysterious and all. We'll just have to see how they handle it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.