• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

abgar

Fufufufu
i wouldnt make sense if oak gave you a watered down pokedex if this game is supposed to be at the same time/shortly after DPP ("shortly after" because serebii.net calls Cynthia "the former champion of Sinnoh"), when he is supposed to have the National Pokedex ready. but who knows for sure?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
i wouldnt make sense if oak gave you a watered down pokedex if this game is supposed to be at the same time/shortly after DPP ("shortly after" because serebii.net calls Cynthia "the former champion of Sinnoh"), when he is supposed to have the National Pokedex ready. but who knows for sure?

Maybe he doesn't think you're ready or something IDK.

Bardische

Elegance.
No, he's right. They only had one pokedex, and you could get every pokemon from the start, from both regions. But that was before they made the National Dex, so it's kind of confusing to classify it as a regional dex or not. It's small enough to be regional, so I'll call it that. But then comes the question of when will they give us the National Dex. It'd be nice to get it after the E4, but I personally think it should after 16 badges, since the National Dex should be post-game, but I don't think it should be after Red, since that should remain as the extreme end of the game, being mysterious and all. We'll just have to see how they handle it, though.

Oh geez...the new games seems to be rubbing off too much of their new features that I've completely forgotten what was it like to play GSC....

I completely forgot that the Johto Dex was the largest by far of all regional PokeDexes and contained 251 Pokemon...

Sorry for all the confusion...

Yeah, I agree with after 16 badges thing...give it more challenge to get the National Dex. :D

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
i think by altered data they mean like pokesav or AR'd save files (not sure if those are the same thing or not) but yeah, ive hacked items in my diamond and pearl versions and have still been able to get all the events that have come out for them so far, and it may also refer to pirated copies

Surfing_Pikachu

As for the people who are saying that people with an Action Replay, I think they meant we won't be able to get it with an Action Replay inserted. That sort of thing where they can detect hax online, and then refuse to give you the item is unheard of really. But just unheard of, not impossible.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
i think by altered data they mean like pokesav or AR'd save files (not sure if those are the same thing or not) but yeah, ive hacked items in my diamond and pearl versions and have still been able to get all the events that have come out for them so far, and it may also refer to pirated copies

Yeah same here. I only hack rare candies just to level up stuff I EV trained. If you expect me to fight the elite four 45 times you are crazy. I see no harm in that. I've been able to get every Gamestop and TRU event and entered that game in that Gamestop PBR tourney fine. I would think it would be for people who drastically alter their game, like hack in pokemon with max stats or walk through walls or w/e. I don't want this to turn into a AR discussion though, not allowed on these forums. I just wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for the Pokedex, I'm sure we will have the Johto Pokedex to start with. Minus the "kanto exclusives" Like Bulbasaur and Mewtwo. So that's like subtracting 15 or 20 if you count the fossils, which I would. So 231 in the Johto Dex. Then again it may just work like D/P/Pt and make you "See 'em all" in which case the birds, Mewtwo and Mew could be in a book, Snorlax, The Fossils and starters would be handled by trainers. That would work. Once you see them all it unlocks the National dex and Kanto opens up. That makes sense to me.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
As for the Pokedex, I'm sure we will have the Johto Pokedex to start with. Minus the "kanto exclusives" Like Bulbasaur and Mewtwo. So that's like subtracting 15 or 20 if you count the fossils, which I would. So 231 in the Johto Dex. Then again it may just work like D/P/Pt and make you "See 'em all" in which case the birds, Mewtwo and Mew could be in a book, Snorlax, The Fossils and starters would be handled by trainers. That would work. Once you see them all it unlocks the National dex and Kanto opens up. That makes sense to me.

They'll probably keep it the same. It'll ruin the nostalgia if they change it.

Casimir

Good boy.
We still expecting Famitsu scans, or... ?

I doubt we'll see much more than what we've already seen, if anything, but it'd still be good to see some different scans uploaded in between now and the next corocoro.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Though I doubt will see much more than what we've already seen, if anything, it'd still be good to see some different scans uploaded in between now and the next corocoro.

Don't expect any more info for another month.

m190049

Local psychopath
Wailord is absolutely humongous to follow you, am I right? Just wondering how could they put that in?
Steelix is the second biggest Pokemon in the game.

goldsteelix.jpg

...Now think for a moment...

I doubt they would do that. They wouldn't make such a drastic change to that place.
72.png
-->
72.png

Okay, sure, Stark Mountain was already technically a Volcano, but no way in hell did it look like one...
Anyway, Mt. Mortar can easily just get a bit smokey and red (though probably not with lava- Think the fiery path from R/S/E) in the back of the cave, with no real problems.
The old games have much poorer graphics than we do now. They could just pretend they couldn't add that much detail.
And having Slugma in what, at the time, appeared to be a cold, dark, cave... Would just be unfitting. All caves used to be like that.
They have much more detail now. They can make a place seem like a dry land... Or an ancient ruin... Or something of the such much easier.

You can't surf from Cianwood downwards as I remember there were tiles that stopper you travelling there.
...They just move the border slightly down, so there is a thin sea route left from the southern end of Cianwood?

Yeah, what's your point?

In theory all those Pokemon like Togekiss have always existed.
It's just that Nintendo hasn't created them for us until now. :p
Well, TECHINCHALLY, some Pokemon weren't, like the man-made Porygon-Z.
...But that's besdies the point. ;D

If a butterfly hadn't been discovered to exist in the United States, but a caterpillar was, would a caterpillar be unable to go through metamorphisis and change into a butterfly? No.
If the specific caterpillar was unable to go through the metamorphosis unless it was in a special climate found only the middle east, where it has never been introduced yet at the moment, than yes. It would not.

So I just want to ask this while we are on the topic of hacked Pokemon. I know some people back in the third generation said if you hacked the item to get to a Pokemon, that Pokemon should be considered a hack. The third generation is over. Should it really matter if lets say I hack the Aurora Ticket or Mystic Ticket in my FRLG? Or the Eon ticket in my RS? I mean, who cares? If I trade it to D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it really doesn't make much of a difference, if I got it through a legit ticket or a hacked ticket. The Pokemon came from the game, it itself wasn't hacked... The only situation I can think of that it would even matter would be hacking the Old Sea Map in Emerald, since that item was never released in the US.
By game standards, the Pokemon is legit. (By which I mean it wouldn't turn into a Bad Egg or something on PBR.) However, by human record... If you never hacked your game, you would never have owned that Pokemon. Which therefore, makes it, still hacked. By the communities' eyes, at least.

They'll probably keep it the same. It'll ruin the nostalgia if they change it.
...And GameFreak cares?

They'll pop of eventually. People aren't as hyped about them though since they will more likely than not, contain no new information.
So there's no reason to have this super-duper widespread leak or anything. We'll probably get scans sooner or later, upon release.
But there's really no need now for some sort of leak. Nobody's that interested.

Last edited:

Casimir

Good boy.
Black Doom said:
Don't expect any more info for another month.

This I know already. :<

They'll pop of eventually. People aren't as hyped about them though since they will more likely than not, contain no new information.
So there's no reason to have this super-duper widespread leak or anything. We'll probably get scans sooner or later, upon release.
But there's really no need now for some sort of leak. Nobody's that interested.

I figured as much, but thought I would ask.
I check in on this thread daily and I remember someone mentioning Famitsu scans would be leaked a couple days after corocoro. That's what had me curious.

I know it'll most likely be nothing new, but I'm still a tad interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
72.png
-->
72.png

Okay, sure, Stark Mountain was already technically a Volcano, but no way in hell did it look like one...
Anyway, Mt. Mortar can easily just get a bit smokey and red (though probably not with lava- Think the fiery path from R/S/E) in the back of the cave, with no real problems.
The old games have much poorer graphics than we do now. They could just pretend they couldn't add that much detail.
And having Slugma in what, at the time, appeared to be a cold, dark, cave... Would just be unfitting. All caves used to be like that.
They have much more detail now. They can make a place seem like a dry land... Or an ancient ruin... Or something of the such much easier.

Yeah but before they even make the level, they already have the level design in mind (terrain-wise). They suddenly won't just change the terrain so they can put Slugma in it. Changing Mt. Mortar into a Volcano is as whacky as changing Rt. 32 into a snow level.

m190049

Local psychopath
Yeah but before they even make the level, they already have the level design in mind (terrain-wise). They suddenly won't just change the terrain so they can put Slugma in it. Changing Mt. Mortar into a Volcano is as whacky as changing Rt. 32 into a snow level.
I never said they would turn it into a volcano. In fact, I said quite the opposite.
Just make a warmer room somewhere in the back.

Remember that Ice Room in Shoal Cave, in R/S/E?
Just one room, and seems to be out of nowhere. The room before it was still just as warm as the rest of the world.

Jacobxdaniel

No, he's right. They only had one pokedex, and you could get every pokemon from the start, from both regions. But that was before they made the National Dex, so it's kind of confusing to classify it as a regional dex or not. It's small enough to be regional, so I'll call it that. But then comes the question of when will they give us the National Dex. It'd be nice to get it after the E4, but I personally think it should after 16 badges, since the National Dex should be post-game, but I don't think it should be after Red, since that should remain as the extreme end of the game, being mysterious and all. We'll just have to see how they handle it, though.

I agree with you. I wish the national dex could be available once you beat the elite 4, but seeing as the Johto dex includes all first and second generation pokemon, it only makes sense to obtain it after sixteen badges.

I'm guessing you would obtain the national dex in the same manner as in DPPt, which is seeing every pokemon in it. But the Johto dex includes Kanto legendaries........so how would we collect data on them?

Oh gosh, this is all too complicated to work out, and its starting to seem a bit like speculation.... oops.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
I heard we were getting new info ont the 21st or something? Any one Know? thanks!

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I heard we were getting new info ont the 21st or something? Any one Know? thanks!

Pokemon Sunday is having a HGSS special on the 21st. This does not guarentee new information, but it's better than nothing :p Possibly quite a few short game clips :)

Mount Silver

Time to Return
In the picture from the official site of the inside of the Slowpoke Well, someone asked how you would get to the Strength boulder by the last Rocket Grunt in the Well.

I noticed that the smaller dark green/gray rocks look a lot like Rock Smash-able rocks, so that how you would get there.

Anyway, I like how those rocks look in the Slowpoke Well. I think they look moldy. The moldy look makes it more realistic in my opinion, giving the well the appearance of being hot and humid (due to mold growing in that kind of place)

(Sorry if this sounds confusing, I had little trouble transferring this from my head to the screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.