• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
This event beats the in-game torn world in platinum by a long shot.I'm buying this game the first day it comes out.Anyways Yaminokame did you see that old guy at ilex forest?What's he there for...what does the screen say at that point?

They didn't talk about him at all :( It was mainly like "Oh look at the cute NE Pichu!! Oh, what's this? It joins your team!! Yaaay!!!" ... lol something along those lines XD

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I honestly don't see what's so special about Pichu.

The "Pikachu-colored-Pichu" is just a shiny Pichu.

Could somebody explain to me what's so special about a notched-ear Pichu? Seriously, who cares.

PCP is some sort of special event pokemon that unlocks the NEP. The NEP is supposedly stronger than regular Pichus and has a unique moveset, as does the PCP (learns Endure and Endeavor), and may also unlock in-game events, possibly.

BCVM22

The "Pikachu-colored-Pichu" is just a shiny Pichu.

Could somebody explain to me what's so special about a notched-ear Pichu? Seriously, who cares.

You really had to ask this? They're special not because of what they are, but because of how they're distributed and what they unlock, just like most any event Pokémon, really.

Tyrant Tar

AWWWWW NE Pichu and PC Pich are so cute! anyone else notice that they had different sprite poses, maybe the female and male sprites will look different from each other, that would be neat.

Not only do the two Pichu have different poses, but the Pichu suit's ears get far darker at about 2 minutes into the video, which may mean there is a third Pichu variation! Or it's ears got turned around by mistake...

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Not only do the two Pichu have different poses, but the Pichu suit's ears get far darker at about 2 minutes into the video, which may mean there is a third Pichu variation! Or it's ears got turned around by mistake...

Heh, yeah, Pikachu-Colored Pichu, Notch-Eared Pichu, and now Dark-Eared Pichu, the EVIL Pich. Bwahaha!

No, I doubt it. It was probably just the lighting or something. I doubt it was hinting at anything, or we would've heard something about it by now.

Chaos Rush

PCP is some sort of special event pokemon that unlocks the NEP. The NEP is supposedly stronger than regular Pichus and has a unique moveset, as does the PCP (learns Endure and Endeavor), and may also unlock in-game events, possibly.
So basically they're Pichu's with hax movesets?

You really had to ask this? They're special not because of what they are, but because of how they're distributed and what they unlock, just like most any event Pokémon, really.
Yes, because I still don't give a crap about some Pichu with a different shaped ear. Kind of odd how you out of all people actually gives a crap about a deformed Pichu.

Also why is Arceus overworld sprite bigger than Steelix's, when Steelix is a bigger Pokemon? Mistake.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

It's the baby form of the freakin mascot! Why isn't it special?

Seriously, who cares.

Obviously the Japanese, otherwise they wouldn't make alternate "forms" of it.

Anyways, you could hear the remix of the G/S battle music! And also when the video gets to the Arceus footage, it uses Mt. Coronet music.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe you get to go to Sinnoh? *shot* LOL, just kidding.

Also why is Arceus overworld sprite bigger than Steelix's, when Steelix is a bigger Pokemon?

Probably because Arceus is more important, therefore, they made him bigger so you pay more attention to it.

BCVM22

Yes, because I still don't give a crap about some Pichu with a different shaped ear.

Which is fine, but don't mistakenly believe it's that big of a deal that you "don't give a crap about it." People who like to deal with event Pokémon can do so as they please. People like you can ignore them. Problem solved.

Also why is Arceus overworld sprite bigger than Steelix's, when Steelix is a bigger Pokemon? Mistake.

You're nitpicking now. Quit while you're behind.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
So basically they're Pichu's with hax movesets?

Yes, because I still don't give a crap about some Pichu with a different shaped ear. Kind of odd how you out of all people actually gives a crap about a deformed Pichu.

Basically. 'Cept it's legal.

Well that's fine. You don't have to give a crap about them. But when they wind up unlocking Celebi events or whatever their purpose is, I will laugh.

One could also call the fact that Steelix and Wailord's overworld sprites take up the same amount of space behind Gold as Cyndaquil and Chikorita a 'mistake'. Arceus is much more detailed than Steelix, plus it's more important. Therefore, it gets a bigger sprite.

SoulHeart

Sorry about this question but I forgot.When they distribute the Arceus and PCP will it only be obtainable in Platinum?Again I'm sorry I could do without the sarcasm that I know some of you will do.

Sorry about this question but I forgot.When they distribute the Arceus and PCP will it only be obtainable in Platinum?Again I'm sorry I could do without the sarcasm that I know some of you will do.
I think you can get them in D/P/Pt, but the events only happen in HGSS.

Chaos Rush

It's the baby form of the freakin mascot! Why isn't it special?
Cuz IMO, the anime hijacked Pokemon by making it's mascot Pikachu. If it wasn't for the anime, then Clefairy would be the mascot, and we would have a Clefairy-colored-Cleffa and a notched-ear-Cleffa.

Wow, that's even worse o_O...

Probably because Arceus is more important, therefore, they made him bigger so you pay more attention to it.
Ya, probably...actually Arceus is only more important in their eyes. To some people, Magikarp is more important than Arceus.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Eh, am I the only one who dislikes the health bars? I guess I'm too used to the badass black ones from Platinum...

Whatever, though. The Arceus event looks cool, the sprites for Pichu look nice, and we heard some pretty awesome music, so I'm satisfied. :p

I don't really like them either but just like you, I'm use to the Platinum bars. Notice how they only show a double battle? We still don't know what the health bar looks like with the pokemon exp. points bar.

I did not notice that. Thanks for poiting that out.

Anyways, this game looks amazing! Everything about it looks epic. Even though it's a little different, it feels like G/S :)
I wish the pokemon would stop moving when you aren't walking XD

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Let's not forget that we have yet to get a lot of information about the Notched Ear Pichu. We don't know what moves it has, or what how it will look when it evolves (other than the fact that it would be a Pikachu, then a Raichu).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The Steelix overworld sprite might change as the game is yet to be released.

Also I think that they never made big Pokémon to be big enough, for you to be able to walk through narrow paths that are usually 1-2 tiles wide.

Last edited:

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Basically. 'Cept it's legal.

Well that's fine. You don't have to give a crap about them. But when they wind up unlocking Celebi events or whatever their purpose is, I will laugh.

One could also call the fact that Steelix and Wailord's overworld sprites take up the same amount of space behind Gold as Cyndaquil and Chikorita a 'mistake'. Arceus is much more detailed than Steelix, plus it's more important. Therefore, it gets a bigger sprite.

It's God. God can make himself any size he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.