• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold. I'm going to using Golem, Ferlarigator, Fearrow, Piloswine, Magneton, and umbreon. I can't wait untill I beat Red.

Theese are a few ideas I would hope to see in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Pokemon Contest over wifi, the ability to battle without friend codes, a wifi plazza that is just like the wifi club, sinnoh pokemon on a new island, and the ability to host tourtaments over regular gameplay.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Cuz IMO, the anime hijacked Pokemon by making it's mascot Pikachu. If it wasn't for the anime, then Clefairy would be the mascot, and we would have a Clefairy-colored-Cleffa and a notched-ear-Cleffa.

Wow, that's even worse o_O...

The anime didn't necessarily "hijack" pokemon, its only purpose is to advertise the game. The only reason Pikachu is the mascot is because its cute, which is apparently something the Japanese likes. Why do you think we've been annoyed to death by Piplup throughout all of the Sinnoh arc?

Ya, probably...actually Arceus is only more important in their eyes. To some people, Magikarp is more important than Arceus.

Fortunately, the Japanese aren't those "some people".

BCVM22

Yeah, but Steelix isn't God. And it's supposed to be around 30 feet long. So you're saying that all humans in the Pokemon world are around 30 feet tall?

You're really going to try this, in a franchise where the human characters are represented outside of battle as impossibly squat and short, deformed and only vaguely humanoid sprites?

Come on.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Yeah, but Steelix isn't God. And it's supposed to be around 30 feet long. So you're saying that all humans in the Pokemon world are around 30 feet tall?

I'm saying get practical and get a grip. If they were to scale, how would you lug a wailord or steelix or snorlax or groudon around? Make up whatever you want, but please, make sure you use your common sense when you do.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
An interesting point brought up on 2ch lol ^^ This kind of ties into the whole "using Sinnoh music" thing:

Tohjo falls come from the name Kanto (カントー) and Johto (ジョウト) Tohjo (トージョウ)

Now for this new area we have Shinto ruins

Sinnoh (Japanese is Shin'ou - シンオウ) + Johto (ジョウ) Shinto (シント)

Guess there is a slight connection lol ^^

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
An interesting point brought up on 2ch lol ^^ This kind of ties into the whole "using Sinnoh music" thing:

I'm very glad to have met you. I never made those connections before. Maybe that brilliant expanse behind Mt Mortar will have a use?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Actually, no.

Arceus was originally obtainable atop the peak of Mt. Coronet. It's only natural to use the same theme.

BCVM22

Arceus was originally obtainable atop the peak of Mt. Coronet. It's only natural to use the same theme.

Which doesn't necessarily preclude the proposed etymology from being accurate. The only thing is that ostensibly, Tohjo Falls was named such because it was right on the Kanto-Johto border. Based on the maps of the Pokémon world we have, Johto and Sinnoh can't actually share a border.

Isn't Shinto, like, the name of an actual shrine or religon or something

Yes. Particularly, the definition and thinking behind the concept of Legendary Pokémon is based on the Shinto religion's concept of kami, or creatures that are divine and revered but not god-like in the Western definition.

Surfing_Pikachu

Very interesting. The people at 2ch seem to be pretty damn good analyzers, they're constantly figuring stuff out.

Which doesn't necessarily preclude the proposed etymology from being accurate. The only thing is that ostensibly, Tohjo Falls was named such because it was right on the Kanto-Johto border. Based on the maps of the Pokémon world we have, Johto and Sinnoh can't actually share a border.
I think it was more so a reference to the fact that Sinnoh is the last region we have, not that they share a boundary of some sort. (which, like you said, is impossible)

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Isn't, um.

Isn't Shinto, like, the name of an actual shrine or religon or something

Yep. Shinto (神道) is the name ascribed to the non-Buddhist religious practices of Japan. Notice in the anime (no, not Pokémon), there are a lot of Shinto temples.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Arceus.jpg
Can someone translate please?
A Pokemon called Arceus from the Sinnoh region...!?

Actually, no.

Well it says something for how they named it lol XD

Yep. Shinto (神道) is the name ascribed to the non-Buddhist religious practices of Japan. Notice in the anime (no, not Pokémon), there are a lot of Shinto temples.

The spelling is different >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.