• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
Even if they did a DSi exclusive what would it be? A picture for your trainer card or something.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
Ya or You could do something with the SD but who knows....

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
A DSi will cause Nintendo a huge loss of money imo as more people have a basic DS or DS Lite.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
Enough with this DSi talk. The game will be playable on all iterations of the DS, and no DSi-exclusive features have been announced for the game. Let's drop it.

I agree...no more DSi talk.

ijea4444

I've been very intrigued by the pokewalker since I first heard of it. I really like the idea, like for school and just any movement one might take like walking to the movies, the mall, walking around the stores. Obviously those small intervals won't make giant differences but it would bring joy just knowing that your doing something.

But if you are using it daily won't the battery become a trouble? I've already asked before but like I was told, its can't be confirmed if it will be easy to replace the watch batteries inside. But I do consider it will be pretty easy.

What if something worse happens than the battery dying(charge station ;) )
what if you lose it? I remember losing my LG wireless thingy and feeling like I lost half the game. Obviously it doesn't affect gameplay, like the pokewalker, so its not necessary for Gamefreak to make more than one per game. But I was wondering would they make it possible to buy extra ones? About 5 us dollars.(most watch batteries cost about $1.20 US dollars)

The most obvious problem that comes to mind is that people will be buying massive amounts and be leveling up multiple pokemon, something that wouldn't be fair, so to speak, because the pokewalker could easily be faked with a machine. So maybe they could make HGSS only able to leave one pokemon out at time.

I also read in the translation that they are version exclusive. I don't know if it meant version as in HGSS or the pokewalker you recieve is exclusive to your game.

EDIT: I'm only considering it because imo its another excuse for nintendo/gamefreak to make money off of almost nothing, and something they know will sell.

Last edited:

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
I agree the pokewalker will be great to train pokemon during school(I was thinking P.E. :))among other places. I just hope it has a quiet/sleep-like feature, I don't want to get it taken away or worse....beaten up. High school can be vicious(exageration :D)

ijea4444

Crowd A: What's that in your pocket?
Person B: A PokeWalker.
Crowd A: *look of disgust, hatred*

Keep them hidden.

Do you know anybody who asks you whats in your pocket randomly? The only way that would make sense is if you are wearing pants that make it obvious. If so either change pants or use the pokewalker another day. And if your friends would give you faces of disgust and hatred for pokemon then those aren't real friends. Laughing I would understand even slight ridicule but not disgust/hatred.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
Crowd A: What's that in your pocket?
Person B: A PokeWalker.
Crowd A: *look of disgust, hatred*

Keep them hidden.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D so true! But seriously though,if released outside of Japan, it could be a really cool idea. Though, you do have to think about the value of the pokemon you place inside... example: really special shiny inside pokewalker-> dropped in swimming pool/puddle/ smashed by a flying manatee etc->bye bye pokemon though in retrespect(spelling?) you could do the same with a ds.....

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D so true! But seriously though,if released outside of Japan, it could be a really cool idea. Though, you do have to think about the value of the pokemon you place inside... example: really special shiny inside pokewalker-> dropped in swimming pool/puddle/ smashed by a flying manatee etc->bye bye pokemon though in retrespect(spelling?) you could do the same with a ds.....

This is true, what would happen to your pokemon if something goes wrong with the PokeWalker.

TSL

Mischievous.
Do you know anybody who asks you whats in your pocket randomly? The only way that would make sense is if you are wearing pants that make it obvious. If so either change pants or use the pokewalker another day. And if your friends would give you faces of disgust and hatred for pokemon then those aren't real friends. Laughing I would understand even slight ridicule but not disgust/hatred.

I believe he was merely being hyperbolic, and attesting to the fact that the social masses disregard pokemon as a mere child's game at the same time.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Its idvious it isnt DSI exclisive there isnt really any reason to talk about it.

Besides its off topic D:

....So....I havent been on...did Pokemon sunday show anything?

halloweenghost

I've been very intrigued by the pokewalker since I first heard of it. I really like the idea, like for school and just any movement one might take like walking to the movies, the mall, walking around the stores. Obviously those small intervals won't make giant differences but it would bring joy just knowing that your doing something.

But if you are using it daily won't the battery become a trouble? I've already asked before but like I was told, its can't be confirmed if it will be easy to replace the watch batteries inside. But I do consider it will be pretty easy.

What if something worse happens than the battery dying(charge station ;) )
what if you lose it? I remember losing my LG wireless thingy and feeling like I lost half the game. Obviously it doesn't affect gameplay, like the pokewalker, so its not necessary for Gamefreak to make more than one per game. But I was wondering would they make it possible to buy extra ones? About 5 us dollars.(most watch batteries cost about $1.20 US dollars)

The most obvious problem that comes to mind is that people will be buying massive amounts and be leveling up multiple pokemon, something that wouldn't be fair, so to speak, because the pokewalker could easily be faked with a machine. So maybe they could make HGSS only able to leave one pokemon out at time.

I also read in the translation that they are version exclusive. I don't know if it meant version as in HGSS or the pokewalker you recieve is exclusive to your game.

EDIT: I'm only considering it because imo its another excuse for nintendo/gamefreak to make money off of almost nothing, and something they know will sell.

I have a feeling they will sell Pokewalkers seperatly as well for those who wish to have more then one, kinda like how they included the GBA wireless adapter and sold them seperately as well.... though thw reasons for both are different :p

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I also think they will sell PokeWalkers seperately. Even if people use it to train more then one pokemon at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.