• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Bugger you beat me too it! Awesome sept 12th yay!

78 days away!

willischong

12th September? Nice, exactly 1 year the Platinum release. It should be out in US around February - April 2010 then. So excited. :p

Gridiron

the release date is September 12th 2009
At least it's going to be released in the first half so there is less of a wait. Nothing really to say about a release date... Anywho, 2 more CoroCoro's until the games release, so hopefully we're going to get bombarded (sp?) with information.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Actually, the Wallpaper section is open. You can grab it (because there's only one at the moment), here.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
12 September? Isn't that like 1 Day before the Japanese Platinum release?
Yikes, We got the first info of GSDS on 10 of May, 1 day priorior to the first info of Platinum a year earlier. Connection?

BCVM22

Connection?

Not in the conspirational way you're trying to make. That's just their usual PR schedule for games like this - announce in the spring, hype all summer, release in the fall. Chances are that when the 5th generation hype train starts, it'll go by that schedule once it begins in earnest.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Not in the conspirational way you're trying to make. That's just their usual PR schedule for games like this - announce in the spring, hype all summer, release in the fall. Chances are that when the 5th generation hype train starts, it'll go by that schedule once it begins in earnest.
Oh. So in about... 1 and a Half/2 Years time the info of Gen 5 will be annouced in Autumn, hyped all Winter and be released in Spring (Southern Hemisphere FTW)?

BCVM22

Yes and no. It's a new generation - there's more hyping to do (new everything) than there was for this game, a remake with an existing region and existing Pokémon and existing most everything else - and so the hype train will probably start earlier and more subtly with a new Pokémon silhouette or something.

Once that and other small, slow morsels of information are on the scene for a bit, then the hype will ramp up with CoroCoro spreads and everything and that will probably run on the normal schedule: announce winter/spring, hype summer, release fall. As to when that'll be, it's anyone's guess, but a year and a half to two years from now probably isn't a terrible bet.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Just thought I would point out the whirlpools in the wallpaper behind lugia. Surrounding the whirl islands.

12 of Spetember?? That's awesome. (And, incidently, during my mid-semester break - no homework for me). But not unsurprising considering Platinum's release sheduele.

Last edited:

Alloute

Not Banned
Opened as the release date is out;

The official site has just updated. It gave us no further information, but it has stated the Japanese Release Date for Heart Gold & Soul Silver. Like predicted based upon the figure release of the Johto starters announced back in April, the release date is September 12th 2009. It will also ship for the usual price of 4800 yen

Great, thank you Mr. Serebii.

I didn't expect it to be released so soon, one day after 9/11 too.

Knightmare

Hm... so they announced the release date without any other info?
that's odd... I want more gameplay info!

There isn't a whole lot of time left in between for them to advertise more aspects of the game...
hopefully they'll really start letting us know some more stuff soon.

To much waiting! x_X
haha

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

So...HG/SS will be released on the day after the birthday of the first girl I loved, who turned me down about a year and a half a go xD

So that means we can expect around a March/April 2010 release date for the U.S. , and around a May/June 2010 release for Europe.

FireHuntererL

Since the English Platinum was released on March 22nd, I guess HGSS's english release will be around that time frame too...

Dang, if only translating games were easier... March would probably be one of my busy periods. =/

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Whoa! thanks for the pictures. For those wondering and to stop further speculation, the image link above shows the gatehouse to the Tin Tower.

TinEntrance.png

It's not the entrance of Ecruteak.

The image above shows the controversial building we know and love, the Burned Tower. It appears that there is now an old man by the staircase. Oh, I wish they show this gameplay clip in Pokémon Sunday...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.